Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What's the last thing you bought?

Replies

• Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Coffee this morning
  • KADFoodisFuel
    KADFoodisFuel Posts: 1,472 Member
    Groceries!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Besides the usual food and water..

bvyj9hs3tleb.jpg
    hotj9hctsw2r.jpg

Why does it had a serrated edge on the top and bottom

ehmfz2k7j8ga.jpg

The serrations on the top of the blade are technically referred to as jimping. It's for better grip for your thumb when handling the knife. I'm sure that if you really wanted to, you could use the jimping to saw a groove into a piece of wood.

The serrations on the sharp part of the blade can be much more effective at slicing through various things than the straight edge.

When I'm slicing tomatoes at home I prefer a fully serrated knife as I find it does a much better job then a straight edge knife. Same with bread.

This model comes in a full straight edge or partially serrated variety. Also a tanto variety but I opted for the drop point. It all boils down to personal preference, but I find serrations on a knife to be very useful.

I guess I'll be taking this puppy with me whenever I go hiking. I have a really great button activated auto-open blade from the Kershaw brand.. problem with that one is sometimes when it's in my pocket it opens up without me realizing it. I stuck my hand in my pocket to reach for something other than the knife and ended up slicing myself before. Which is why I decided to purchase this fixed blade knife. Just strap that thing to my waist and go.

But really the reason why I initially started buying knives is I've almost been attacked by dogs three or four times. I don't want to hurt an animal but if one chomps down on my arm or leg.. let's just say that knife is coming out.

Interesting I take it this is an outdoorsman type knife

Also if you have a really good sharp knife you get the best slices for tomatoes. I've taken a few cooking classes and learned. Best was a baking class the pastry chef sliced a loaf of bread and tomatoes all the same perfect thickness. It was spectacular to watch. I'm a nerd

Awesome :)

I like seeing good chopping skills when it comes to culinary. I'm nervous that if I tried it as fast as professionals, I chop my fingers off, lol. Love a good culinary show like Cutthroat Kitchen or Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay. You know, the area I live in as cooking classes that seem to do well in national competitions. Maybe i'd do well to take a class or two just for fun..

Lots of places offer knife skills classes
    I'm sure you could find instructions on YouTube. The trick is curling your finger tips under so the knife butts up against your knuckles.
  • Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    Hydr8Cafn8Medic8 Posts: 472 Member
    A dozen tennis balls
  • AliNouveau
    stuff for a baby shower. Also a dress for me and a new pepper mill cause it's purple and I love it
  • Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    Beef jerky and Monster
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    dog food
  • AliNouveau
    Shampoo and chocolate bars and sour patch kids
  • Frieswithdatshake
    Frieswithdatshake Posts: 630 Member
    noods and co.
  • valeriemachado81
    valeriemachado81 Posts: 25 Member
    Does another payment towards my car loan count?
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Bike frame adapter
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Champagne Brunch
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Insurance
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Pantyhose......
  • KADFoodisFuel
    KADFoodisFuel Posts: 1,472 Member
    Iced coffee! :)
  • 2FitFor40
    2FitFor40 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2019
    A house! 😁😁
  • stevefromtherock
    stevefromtherock Posts: 1,150 Member
    Jeans
  • Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    2FitFor40 wrote: »
    A house! 😁😁

I started to pick one of those up on the way home as well lol.

Gas