married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• benwould
    benwould Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yah, it works for us. Which brings up another point. This one is for the never marrieds and newly-weds. Marriage isn't the box that family, friends, church and culture has put you in. Marriage is for you and your partner to define. There's a broad range of 'flirting'. Online, offline, sexting, kissing, making out, hook-ups, monogomish, poly-amorous and full on sister wives and brother husbands. When it comes to flirting on MFP, go for it as long as everybody's in and no one gets hurt.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Count me in. Married Male here. I'm 53 and an avid tennis player. I also teach tennis lessons on the side. Looking to get in better shape and lose about 25 lbs.
    Looking for friends to chat with.

Adding you, fellow tennis player.

Is that what it takes to be your pal?!

:disappointed: I'm such a failure.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I have been married forever (28 years )and the question of seat up or down. My husband sits to pee :D
  • benwould
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have been married forever (28 years )and the question of seat up or down. My husband sits to pee :D

Me too. I never miss an opportunity to sit down. Besides can't post messages on MFP with one hand.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    benwould wrote: »
    yah, it works for us. Which brings up another point. This one is for the never marrieds and newly-weds. Marriage isn't the box that family, friends, church and culture has put you in. Marriage is for you and your partner to define. There's a broad range of 'flirting'. Online, offline, sexting, kissing, making out, hook-ups, monogomish, poly-amorous and full on sister wives and brother husbands. When it comes to flirting on MFP, go for it as long as everybody's in and no one gets hurt.

Hey, sailor. ...
  • benwould
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Hey, sailor. ...

Big spoon or little spoon?
  • benwould
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I don't flirt on MFP... Mostly because I'm awful at it. I don't really flirt with my husband either, unless I'm being sarcastic. :|

Ok, just a thought to get you motivated with hubs. Sunday morning you're on stage just before the sermon. Grab his *kitten* while hidden behind the pulpit, yet in front of the entire congregation. Swear to god it will work.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I don't flirt on MFP... Mostly because I'm awful at it. I don't really flirt with my husband either, unless I'm being sarcastic. :|

Ok, just a thought to get you motivated with hubs. Sunday morning you're on stage just before the sermon. Grab his *kitten* while hidden behind the pulpit, yet in front of the entire congregation. Swear to god it will work.

I make faces at him during the sermon... and I smooch him in front of God and everyone during sharing of the peace... And before baby I would jump his bones regularly after church because I kinda got a kick out of it (which is probably what resulted in the baby). I'm an action kinda girl, heh.
  • courtlirwin
    courtlirwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm married too! Would love to make some new friends on here to keep each other accountable!
  • ZenDoggie
    ZenDoggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happily married for 13 years my the love of my life. Only problem is that the hub doesn't share my ideals of health and fitness... Anyone else have this problem?
  • benwould
    Options
    ZenDoggie wrote: »
    Hi all! Happily married for 13 years my the love of my life. Only problem is that the hub doesn't share my ideals of health and fitness... Anyone else have this problem?

My wife? :-)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Count me in. Married Male here. I'm 53 and an avid tennis player. I also teach tennis lessons on the side. Looking to get in better shape and lose about 25 lbs.
    Looking for friends to chat with.

Adding you, fellow tennis player.

Is that what it takes to be your pal?!

:disappointed: I'm such a failure.

Stahhhp. And hello.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    REmarried with a kid in the house, and the king and I both work. I'm knocking on retirement though, so life is good.
  • ZenDoggie
    ZenDoggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Husband just came home with fried chicken! He is pure evil! Lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

Husband just came home with fried chicken! He is pure evil! Lol

That is love. Fat, tasty, gluttonous, love.
  • StelleInCielo
    StelleInCielo Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Aw too bad this thread died.

@StelleInCielo Thanks for the CPR!
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I just got married 9 days ago so I can finally post in here lol

Megan,
    I'm at the other extreme, we were married 2/8/69.
    I tell folks I've been happily married for 25 years, which ain't bad out of 47! J/K

My motto: Happy wife, happy life. Pass it on to your Mr.

You're welcome! I have been married 20 years and my two sense is that husband and wife both have to be happy for the thing called marriage to work. It's a lifetime commitment not only to each other but to keeping life vibrant and interesting. I tell my hubby...I keep reinventing myself every couple years to keep him on his toes.

I was just going to say that. I actually hate the saying "happy wife, happy life." I'd rather we BOTH be happy in our marriage. So far it seems doable (less than two weeks in lol), but we started dating in 2007 so we've really been together for ten years this October.

Congratulations on the marriage but I would say you have been committed to building a life together long before you said your "I dos". Keep doing what you are doing seems to me you are on the right track. Any relationship whether it be marriage, friendship, parenthood or employee/employer takes work. You stop working at it and it will fail you.
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Married!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options

No such thing as being bad at flirting, it's kind of like sex, it's all good just that some is better.

If you're an "awful flirt" most guys won't notice or care. Flirt away!

Sarcasm appreciated.

• TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Happily married for two years been together three and three kiddos! We've had a busy three years together