married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This thread is pertinent to my interests so just checking in. What's the good word people?
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @hicksjordana lol! shoosh
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    mleech77 wrote: »
    This thread is pertinent to my interests so just checking in. What's the good word people?

Welcome. It seems really quiet on this thread lately. I hope some of our guys soon back in.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well I'm here now, let's spark some conversation. Anyone have anything fun planned for the remainder of the summer? Personally I'm just in training mode racking up the miles in prep for my half ironman in September.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm still around! Just been quiet, watching from the sidelines...don't want to stir the pot again! LOL.
    Some interesting new topics on this thread..... :D
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Going to the fair/amusement park. Last big fun thing before back to school for the kids. And school shopping of course. And when the kids are back in school I get to go back to choreography, which I am looking forward to. I find summers to be a bit boring. But, I definitely enjoy the evening walks (with it not getting dark early or being cold).

Edit to add: and sorry for mentioning the dance parties I sometimes go to. I was just being fun in an anonymous context. And people asked questions which resulted in me answering. So sorry.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We're in full swing back to school mode here. Lots of PTA meetings and soccer practice and homework. I'm trying to decide if I can squeeze in a ballet class for myself in there. I'm a terrible dancer but I love it anyway. (Also, smores. Its finally wet enough to have campfires so we must eat all the smores).
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I've just been real busy with budget fast approaching. I finally have a surgery date on the horizon, so that's a relief!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    mleech77 wrote: »
    Well I'm here now, let's spark some conversation. Anyone have anything fun planned for the remainder of the summer?

I signed up for a kayak class 17 Sept.

My son in NYC invited me to visit him in late Sept.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am having a little bit of a relapse with my medical issues and I am in pain right now (trigeminal nerve pain in my face). I hope I get better soon. But, my husband returned from his trip and he is kind (which is good because there are a lot of miserable jerks in this world). I feel sensitive when I am in this pain (which is a normal reaction and I don't take any meds for it), but if I cry it gets worse from the inflammation. Also we are taking care of the neighbor's cat. She was being extra lovable to me tonight. She isn't usually like that. Cats are sweet. Almost seemed like she knew I was in pain in my face.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am having a little bit of a relapse with my medical issues and I am in pain right now (trigeminal nerve pain in my face). I hope I get better soon. But, my husband returned from his trip and he is kind (which is good because there are a lot of miserable jerks in this world). I feel sensitive when I am in this pain (which is a normal reaction and I don't take any meds for it), but if I cry it gets worse from the inflammation. Also we are taking care of the neighbor's cat. She was being extra lovable to me tonight. She isn't usually like that. Cats are sweet. Almost seemed like she knew I was in pain in my face.

My father is the toughest man I know. He can almost slice a finger off, flick off the blood and keep going. But he had the trigeminel nerve pain in his face and it would bring him to tears. He had to take pain medication and finally surgery. The surgery was a tremendous success and he has been pain free ever since. They say it is the most intense pain there is. Have you looked into surgery?
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The surgery helps when the pain is caused by a nerve being compressed at the base of the skull (I think). I had a CT scan and they didn't see that in the scan. Mine was caused by medical injury. And it got better. It just recently started coming back. It's very painful. Like when it was at it's worse it was more painful than childbirth without pain meds. But, it's not that severe right now. I just sometimes have a little trouble coping when it doesn't let up. But, it does usually come and go. I think it will get better because it did before. Thanks! I am so sorry your father had to go through that. I know how bad it can get. I am glad the surgery was successful for him.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I always feel better in the morning. It can increase through the day.

I think I will let my husband take the girls to the amusement park without me.

But, on Saturday night we are going to look at stars and planets with the astronomy club (invited by my dance partner). That will be fun. Funny coincidence that the woman that is my dance partner (in choreography for performance) wrote a paper about Binary Pulsars and sent it to me to ask my opinion. She doesn't know Binary Pulsar is my username on mfp. We get along so well. It's fun how some people just click so well and everything feels funner and easier together. That's why I am so happy to dance with her (I choreographed a dance comedy to teach her). I had to stop for a year because of the pain. Really big set back. That's why I have been so excited about being able to social dance again (in a creative setting with good music and a range of ages and people) and take a class that I learned about from new friends I met (those were my first steps back to dancing). But, starting back up in September. And doing choreography is much better than recreational dance. Though both are important in different ways. Exercise in a fun way, creativity, joy, social connection, fun activities with my husband, etc. There is value in making healthful activities fun. I have been trying everything I can for physical and mental health while having gone through what I did recently. And losing some friends when I was debilitated. And it's not an easy thing on a relationship to go through on top of work challenges already. Some people on here don't like when I talk about dancing, but it's very important to me to get back to it, and to focus on the good, and being active and happy.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Keep us updated.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Going Latin dancing tonight: End of Summer All-White-Attire party!

Us last year:
    13924840_1190788080943316_6337058247755927141_n.jpg?oh=5e5e66a0fedac1d00b989d24ba083449&oe=58578816

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Fun!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Married stay-at-home dad of 4 boys.
    I had back surgery going on 2 months ago. I am still getting over that. Yesterday I went and worked out for the first time since the surgery. I am sad to find out that I had so much atrophie in my right quad that I can only leg extend 10 pounds on that leg. My left leg can left 100 pounds ez.
    My wife started working when I first had to leave work after the injury 6 mon the ago. She loves working now. I can't go back to work due to the weakness in my leg. So I am glad she enjoys work again.
    Any other stay at home parents happy that somers over? I live in Texas so summer is brutal so I am so happy it's almost over.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm in H-town and our summer was actually pretty mild. I didn't even have to stop riding my bike to work. Last year, I had two weeks in August when the heat index was over 110, that I just couldn't do it.

I'm sad school is back in session because our summer was so stress free. The kids were gone for half the summer at the same time, and the other half we only had one home at a time, so no sibling fighting, no arguing over homework, no having to worry about getting anyone else ready in the morning but myself. Loved it.

• fitflashy
    fitflashy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in H-town and our summer was actually pretty mild. I didn't even have to stop riding my bike to work. Last year, I had two weeks in August when the heat index was over 110, that I just couldn't do it.

I'm sad school is back in session because our summer was so stress free. The kids were gone for half the summer at the same time, and the other half we only had one home at a time, so no sibling fighting, no arguing over homework, no having to worry about getting anyone else ready in the morning but myself. Loved it.

Sounds great I can't wait for those days. Mines still little. I keep telling myself i dont have long before they are all in school.
  • fitflashy
    fitflashy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wizeman22 wrote: »
    Today is my second year anniversary being married to my wife and next month will be 10 years I have been in a relationship.

Congrats to you both!!