Quartely goals - Q3

2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Goals to be achieved by Sept 30th

PR in Squat, Deadlift, OHP.

Knock two minutes off my 5k time (current best 35:40 or so)

Lose 20 lbs of fat. Took BF% average from the thread in ETF, measured myself and averaged them out to be 30% currently. Would like to get that to 25%

Do Crossfit 3 times a week, run at least once a week and possibly twice. If only run one, at least one walk (preferably two.) One "do nothing" day per week, always.

So a ****-ton of foam rolling/flexibility work. I still can't get the proper rest position on a clean. Need to loosen up my lats and triceps something fierce.

Stretch goal: Do a pull up.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Just remembered that I do have a couple of specific goals for the near future (apart from not getting fatter or weaker):

* 5 pull-ups in a row
    * learn how to power clean and snatch. I used to be a decent high/long jumper in my youth so I am curious to see if my explosivity can translate into power

A quick update: I've met two of my three goals way ahead of schedule! I haven't tried snatches yet, but I am up to 5 chin-ups per set now and I have gotten the hang of the power clean movement. I'd like to increase my PC weight a bit more before attempting snatches.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Mine are about the same. 3 months and then maintain...

Get in the SOLID 140's. No bouncing back to the 150's

Get my nutrition in order so a carb doesn't throw my body into a whirlwind

Get my bodyfat under 20%

Get familiar in the weight room and rock it

Look like Sarah. :happy:
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Great idea! Lots of very inspiring goals being set.

Here's mine.

Run the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving day.
    Comfortably wear size 14 pants
    Continue to increase strength and get into the triple digits for all lifts
    Stick to my calorie and macro goals
    Lose two inches from my waist.
    Work up to walking/running 3 miles a day
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Just remembered that I do have a couple of specific goals for the near future (apart from not getting fatter or weaker):

* 5 pull-ups in a row
    * learn how to power clean and snatch. I used to be a decent high/long jumper in my youth so I am curious to see if my explosivity can translate into power

A quick update: I've met two of my three goals way ahead of schedule! I haven't tried snatches yet, but I am up to 5 chin-ups per set now and I have gotten the hang of the power clean movement. I'd like to increase my PC weight a bit more before attempting snatches.

That is utterly fantastic!!
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Cool thread.

3 months: no clue. How about single digit BF% (currently at 13%) while maintaining current weight of 185 lbs. that should be fairly challenging. If not impossible. I like that.

6 month: 300/250/400 squat/bench/dead lift. Probably do a bulk while going for these numbers.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Two months left, but I'll jump in.
    1) I want to lose one inch off my stomach circumference (currently 37).
    2) Increase my chest to 43 inches (currently 42.25).
    3) 200+ miles of walking/running.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Bumping this solely so I can find it again.