Planking Challenge

Replies

• treecroz
    treecroz Posts: 61 Member
    b3achy wrote: »
    Challenge complete! (Only took me three months to do a 30 day challenge...lol)
    May continue to try to see how long I can hold a plank to see if I can eventually get up to just 1 plank for the full 5 minutes...
    Correction for total time yesterday - should have been 310 seconds total.

Day 30 of 300 seconds - Done!

(3 sets - 124 sec, 93 sec, 94 sec = 311 seconds)

Ok so I don't feel so bad for not completing it because of my back. I will get back to the challenge and try again. You have inspired me just because it took you three months to complete! Awesome job! Thank you for not giving up.
  • RMac0001
    RMac0001 Posts: 125 Member
    Apparently I forgot to post here yesterday. So I will post for yesterday and today.

Day 13 - 130 seconds done
    Day 14 - 140 seconds done
  • reland
    reland Posts: 1 Member
    I'm on day 9. It is tough. Anyone see results?
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 434 Member
    @reland it gets harder as the seconds increase. If you follow the calendar, they ask for big 30 second increases every 3 days or so and I believe @RMac0001 is doing his by increasing 10 seconds per day. I like the way RMac is approaching it, smaller increments. Not such a shock. Lol.
    I think the "results" part of it is more about "I did it!!" (It's hard to get to 5 minutes.) Good luck.
  • Redola
    Redola Posts: 60 Member
    Forgot to post the last few days. Days 10-13 ✔️
  • RMac0001
    Day 15 - 150 second plank. Half way through this *kitten*. Is it harder every time? Hell yes! Am I seeing any benefit or results? Yes actually I am. My back feels stronger and my core feels stronger. Each day I increase, the shakes take longer to start.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    I meant to post the other day to @reland, and I got sidetracked.

Agree with @RMac0001 that even with my breaking it into sets, I felt my core was much stronger (had a much easier time in my last paddleboard race even though it was the longest I've done) and I also noticed that by the end of the challenge I wasn't getting the shakes until around the 40-45 second mark (rather than 10-20 seconds like when I started). I can also see a physical improvement in my abs area where I'm getting a center line definition in my abs (which I've never had before). I'm hoping once I lose some more belly fat, I might have at least a 4 pack under there...I'm still doing planks M-F, but just not logging here.

Thinking of a slightly different challenge to start in Sept for those wanting to continue a plank journey without the set seconds from this 30 day challenge...though maybe I could do a second half of August challenge in prep for it...hmmmm...
  • treecroz
    Ok starting back to the plank challenge. I've gone back to 30 sec and I'm going to increase it by 10 secs each day. Hopefully I will get better results!

@b3achy I would be interested in what you are planning! Let me know.
  • treecroz
    40 secs done ✔️
  • treecroz
    50 sec done✔️
  • RMac0001
    Keep forgetting to log here
    Day 16 - 160 seconds done. Actually had to do this twice because my wife was doing the timer and stopped it at 120 instead of 160. So I had to start again and do the full 160
    Day 17 - 170 seconds done
    Day 18 - 180 seconds done
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    Way to rock it @RMac0001!!! :star:

Welcome back @treecroz! I'll post the challenge thread here that I'll start at the beginning of Sept. It's just going to be a total minutes per month for planks, so you can do any types of planks (if you want to do variations) and as few or as many at time as you want and in as many sets as you want. I didn't get off my butt on the 16th to start a mini-challenge for August as I had thought I might do.
  • treecroz
    60 sec ✔️
  • treecroz
    b3achy wrote: »
    Way to rock it @RMac0001!!! :star:

Welcome back @treecroz! I'll post the challenge thread here that I'll start at the beginning of Sept. It's just going to be a total minutes per month for planks, so you can do any types of planks (if you want to do variations) and as few or as many at time as you want and in as many sets as you want. I didn't get off my butt on the 16th to start a mini-challenge for August as I had thought I might do.

Can't wait to see what you got!
  • treecroz
    70 sec ✔️
  • treecroz
    I tried my planks, but just couldn't hold it in proper form today! But I did do 3 sets 20, 30, 30 = 80 ✔️
  • RMac0001
    Day 19 and 20 were a fail as I didn't do anything.

Day 21 - 210 seconds complete
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Oh, la. Back from holidays. 180 secs plank done in two sets. Frig.
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    I see I was supposed to go up to 3 minutes today. I suck at keeping up with an exercise syllabus and a school syllabus at the same time; I've just been tacking on planks to the end of my cardio workout.

8/22 150 seconds.
  • RMac0001
    Day 22 - 220 seconds complete