Check In

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @Shortgirlrunning Hey! Welcome to the group, we're glad to have you! Way to go on your weight loss! That's awesome!

@sarawilliams5889 you're welcome! Yeah, I was on BC for about 3 1/2 years and I'm done with it. It's only non hormonal methods now. Yes, hopefully you'll be feeling loads better now! =) Thank you! We are still very early in our volunteering but I'm hoping to make it a regular thing for us! Yeah, it's been a similar thing with us where we just never actually start TTC. I've thought about just going for it a couple times because well time is certainly going fast and neither of us are getting any younger but it just doesn't feel right. I think you're right on that, we'll know when it's the right time for us. I mean after all, there will never be a 100% perfect time because there will always be something but I do think there are better times to do things and that's what I'm waiting for!
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    So I haven’t lost any weight so far this month, but I haven’t gained so I’m taking that as a positive! Usually my weight wants to go right back up to 80kg (where it’s been for the past year) but I’ve been holding steady at 73kg-ish so now trying to recommit until the end of the year before ttc 😊
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 Not gaining is definitely a win!
  • sarawilliams5889
    Thanks @WifiresGettingFit 😊 I hope you and your new kitties are doing well!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 you're welcome! The kitties are great! We have had them a month tomorrow and it feels like they've always been here. They're great cats!
  • sarawilliams5889
    dsr132bkk2le.jpeg
    @WifiresGettingFit that’s wonderful! We’ve got our little Peanut, he certainly brightens our lives 💕
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 awe his little face! He's so cute!
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Sorry I’ve been mia for the past few months. I haven’t wanted to be obnoxious with TTC whining so I’ve kept quiet. Efforts are ongoing. Recently I’ve really refocused on my diet and fitness. Right now I’m on day 12 of a exercise and food tracking streak so I’m pretty happy about that. Hopefully as I lose more weight my cycle will stabilize and I’ll start ovulating. Fingers crossed 🤞. Hope everyone’s holidays are going well 😀
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been checking in for a few months. I feel very scattered and disorganized lately, and the first thing that usually falls by the wayside for me is correspondence with friends.

I had my IUD removed in September (I think?). We are actively TTC but not doing more than tracking with a calendar at this point.

I have been maintaining my weight far higher than I would like, but I just can't seem to stay motivated to be a in a deficit for than a week at a time the last three months.

Welcome to the new members of the group!
  • sarawilliams5889
    Hi all 😊 @puffbrat I totally know what you mean about getting the motivation to maintain a deficit, especially this time of year! I too am maintaining at a higher weight than I would like, but at least I’m not gaining 😋

Well done with your streak @arendiva 😊

Best wishes to both of you ttc 💕

Just a question if anyone could help, I have been off hormonal bc (pill) for around 3 months now. I stopped after the end of an active set of pills. The first month I had a pretty regular period after 5 weeks but then 5 weeks after that I had a very very light period, more like spotting, for only 2 days. It was so light I didn’t even need a pad or tampon. I took 2 pregnancy tests but both were negative and I haven’t had any symptoms. Just wondering if this is normal and if it just takes some time for my cycle to become regular again? I’m 30, no kids and had been on the pill for 12 years. Thanks for any advice 😊
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 I think it was about 6-8 months before mine regulated after stopping BC. I had been on it for about 3 1/2 years. I've read it can take up to a year for some. If you're concerned though or it's just not feeling right, I'd speak to your doctor.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I started a new TTC thread for those who may want to go into more depth with their experience and also just to have a designated thread for the subject to make it easier to find for those who want to read about it.

:)
  • sarawilliams5889
    Thanks so much for your reply @WifiresGettingFit 😊 I’m just worried it will mess with me ovulating. We are going to start ttc in Jan next year (so soon!) and I think I’m overthinking it all already! I guess I could get some ovulation sticks, all I have for any guidance is logging in the Flo app at the moment. Great to hear your experience.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 I overthink things all the time so you're in good company but it's a valid concern.

I use the female health section on my FitBit, I'm pretty happy with it as far as the predictions go. I don't think it's as in depth as the others though.

It may just be a good idea to go to your doctor if you haven't already for a pre-conception appointment. That way you can express all your feelings/concerns but also they can check medical/reproductive history, start you on your prenatals, how to chart your cycle (and know when the best time to try is), etc.

I wish I had more experience to share but I haven't started my TTC journey so have no experience with OPKs so hopefully one of the other ladies that do will chime in. :)
  • puffbrat
    @sarawilliams5889 I was told it is very normal for stopping the pill to mess up your cycle including ovulation. Our first time TTC, I had been in bc pills for 11 years. When I stopped, I didn't get a cycle for 2 months. I did then happen to get pregnant on my first actual cycle, but I think that was pure luck. I only used the calendar part of the Ovia app to track, but I agree with wifires that it doesn't hurt to make an appointment with your GP to talk about what to expect.
  • sarawilliams5889
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences @WifiresGettingFit and @puffbrat I might check in with my doctor if the next period is a bit off. I’ve done my pre-conception counselling appointment and blood work was all good. Probably gotta stop worrying so much! 😋
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @sarawilliams5889 You're welcome! =) Sounds like a good plan! It's hard not to worry so you aren't alone there!
  • puffbrat
    Happy New Year ladies! How is everyone doing?

I'm finally getting back into the habit of logging my food and eating in a deficit. It has only been 2 days (today is the third) but I have to start somewhere. I have also lifted weights three times in the last week which is a good start for me. As of this morning, I am still 24 lbs. above my pre-pregnancy weight which has me slightly panicked about getting pregnant again. But our son is 2 1/2 years old and I'm 35, so we don't want to wait any longer.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Happy New Year!

I've started using a planner somewhat regularly. I may share some pictures in the planners/organization section of some blank ones. I have also started writing down what I'm eating and drinking along with logging it into MFP. Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same.

@puffbrat It's hard for me to believe that your son is 2 1/2. It literally feels like just yesterday you were telling us you were pregnant. Time just goes way too damn fast. Sigh. haha.
  • puffbrat
    Happy New Year!

I've started using a planner somewhat regularly. I may share some pictures in the planners/organization section of some blank ones. I have also started writing down what I'm eating and drinking along with logging it into MFP. Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same.

@puffbrat It's hard for me to believe that your son is 2 1/2. It literally feels like just yesterday you were telling us you were pregnant. Time just goes way too damn fast. Sigh. haha.

I'm glad to hear you are using a planner somewhat regularly. I still just use mine intermittently but I'm determined. I would love to see some of your pictures. I have just started setting mine up for the year, so I'll have to share some pictures too.

It's hard for me to believe he is already that old too. It really has flown.