Peanut Butter & Jelly

1235»

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    neohdiver wrote: »
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Does peanut butter go with pickles, onions, ketchup, etc?

You've never had a peanut butter and pickle sandwich? (If you're taking it for lunch, make sure to pack the pickles separately so you can add them at the last minute to keep the bread from getting soggy.

I'll try it someday. What kind of pickles do you recommend?
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member

You've never had a peanut butter and pickle sandwich? (If you're taking it for lunch, make sure to pack the pickles separately so you can add them at the last minute to keep the bread from getting soggy.

Any kind of dill pickles. You can buy slicers that are pre-sliced sandwich pickles or slice your own. I'd use lengthwise splits rather than cross cut ones (the round slices slide around too much).
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member

Any kind of dill pickles. You can buy slicers that are pre-sliced sandwich pickles or slice your own. I'd use lengthwise splits rather than cross cut ones (the round slices slide around too much).

Thanks! :blush:
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    The beauty of my fitness pal and counting calories. We can enjoy all the foods that we love. I purchase organics peanut butter,
    organic peanut butter sold at Safeway. I do the Dave's killer bread, or Alvarado bakery bread, and always organic jam or jelly. Taste so much better and healthier for our bodies. I factor the calories in and have the peanut butter and jelly for lunch. Delicious! And relatively healthy.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    @Carlos421 which one has 30? I saw an 80 calorie bread on their website but not one with just 30. Still, 80 is low, so I'll look around for it.

Hey have a line of "light" breads in wheat, white, potato...35 a slice or 70 for two.

http://www.auntmillies.com/products/breads/1357

Found it at Kroger. Thanks.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    I love Ezekiel bread. It's really dense, so it stays with you longer. It is kinda dry though, so I find it better if it's toasted. If you are going to make your own bread, I would recommend trying a buttermilk bread recipe. I've made bread several times, and these ones always come out closer in texture and "fluffiness" to store bought. Plus, it's really yummy!

As far as the peanut butter, just eat your fav as a treat when it fits in your macros. The sliced fruit idea sounds great. I've never even thought of trying that for some reason. I'm going to now though! Lol. The grated carrots has me a bit on the fence. Lol. I'm a chicken when it comes to new, strange sounding things. :pensive:
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    I just bought Teddies Super Chunky no salt added peanut butter. SO good but you have to stir it.

Just read the label and pick a brand without added trans fats. BTW, I lovelovelove Daves Killer Bread but my Walmart doesn't always have it, Brownberry Natural is good too.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2016
    mekikya wrote: »
    I use Aldi's brand of natural peanut butter, to me it tastes the best. I just carefully measure.
    I agree and like Aldi's NATURAL Peanut Butter or Skippy's NATURAL Peanut Butter Spread but only 2 teaspoons wiith a sliced apple... no bread or jelly. <3
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Peanut butter sandwich with thinly sliced apples. The sweet crunch of the apple with the saltiness of the peanut butter are a match made in heaven. :)
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Peanut butter sandwich with thinly sliced apples. The sweet crunch of the apple with the saltiness of the peanut butter are a match made in heaven. :)

Sounds out of the world delicious!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

Sounds out of the world delicious!

I really like it. The apple cuts some of the stickiness of the peanut butter, too, and less calories than adding jam.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    If you add a shake of salt to your PB2, you'll notice a difference in taste. I've gotten away from sandwiches entirely since it's the bread that has all the calories.

Aunt Millie's light breads have only 35 calories per slice. A ham sandwich with mustard can be a very low calorie option.

True, but ham & mustard =/= peanut butter & jelly. :)

Not even close.

But 2 tablespoons of Jif on Aunt Millies for 260 calories = a win.

@Carlos_421 (and anybody else) - when you have the calories to spare, try peanut butter on a hamburger (I'm not kidding). You'll never want another one without it!

I love a good cheeseburger with the works. Does peanut butter go with pickles, onions, ketchup, etc?

Peanut butter and pickles is awesome.

Yes, yes they are. Especially if you use the sweet n sour pickles. I used have a jar of PB and a jar of pickles, and dip :lol: