Lunch Ideas (trying to stay away from sandwich meat)

13»

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    A salad with toppings like boiled eggs, chickpeas, hummus, shredded cheese, veggies, nuts and some dressing. The sky is the limit because you can make it with what you want & like! No warming required. The salads I make are typically around 1,000 calories but you will not have hunger until dinner. Good luck!
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Mini peppers filled with hummus or tuna salad or cheese.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    There are plenty of meats you can put in a sandwich that are not processed. Leftover thinly sliced roast beef or roast chicken come to mind. I believe smoked fish is not considered unhealthy, so smoked salmon, trout, haddock, or mackerel.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited April 2019
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Not fish. Microwaving fish in the office break room is grounds for termination of employment and possibly your life.

Same here. I cannot cook a frozen tuna casserole entree without being put on a line up and shot :s
  • Hulkfan1
    Hulkfan1 Posts: 397 Member
    Cook yourself steak tips with veggies... they go well with everything and you can put them in a sandwich if you like
  • ladybugbev388
    ladybugbev388 Posts: 2 Member
    I want to use Dannon's Greek Yogurt (80 cal.) for breakfast; other than just adding fruit and granola. An ideas?
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    I always just make sure to have at least 4oz of lean protein, 1/2 cup of carbs, with a bunch of veggies.

This week I did 4oz of shredded boiled chicken, quinoa, squash and broccoli. I always find that making simpler meal preps for lunch at work helps me stay away from eating out or eating all the donuts that we have here in the office lol!

I also swap out my carbs weekly like I will have sweet potatoes, red potatoes, spinach wrap, jasmine rice, black beans, really whatever works for you.

After my lunch I usually have my "snack" either a protein veggie patty or some Greek yogurt.

Just some ideas :)
  • ximenavictoriaxo
    ximenavictoriaxo Posts: 113 Member
    I usually get rotisserie chicken from the store, chop it up and add it to my salads. Sometimes I make chicken salad sandwich, which is basically chicken, mayo, lime juice, celery, and salt/pepper.
  • Hulkfan1
    Hulkfan1 Posts: 397 Member
    I stick to steak strips, lean cuts made at home the night before... more protein per oz.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Falafel - can use as a filling in wraps, have a couple along with salad, eat on their own along with other tasty morsels (olives, cherry tomatoes, crudites with hummous)

Soup with oatcakes. I usually make a veg based one with pearl barley or lentils.

Salads with quinoa, roast veg, toasted seeds, anything else you like the look of.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2019
    Lately I've been trying to stay away from deli meat as well so I've been having salads with rotisserie chicken, or I will make a bunch of chicken salad and eat sandwiches with that (or I can also just plop some on a salad as well)
  • xlilphishx
    xlilphishx Posts: 23 Member
    I made a pot of turkey chili from skinny taste. This is so versatile and you can really eat this so many different ways. I make tacos with yellow corn tortillas and add a tiny but of cheese. Or eat it in a bowl with a dab of greek yogurt and cheese. It is loaded with protein, very filling and a ton of fiber.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    I make a pot of Chicken vegetable/barley soup and portion it out for lunches.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I prepped my boyfriend tacos this week. Clocked in around 300 calories and 25 grams - per taco. We also used the low sodium seasoning.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Just wanted to add that pork loin and tenderloin are overlooked sources of lean protein and very easy to prep ahead for a whole week. One loin, roasted in the oven for an hour, slice as needed and add to vegetable based bowls or stir fry. A grain, pasta, or legume base, some veg, some sliced meat, and a little sauce or other toppings of your choosing and you can make an large variety of different flavored dishes with the same basic components - could be Thai, Mexican, Indian, or Chinese, with a small amount of different flavorings added.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Trader Joe's cauliflower gnoochi. SOOOOOOOOOOO good and filling. LIke seriously... when you cook them they smell like cauliflower.... when you eat them... they taste like pasta.
  • DanOutdoors
    DanOutdoors Posts: 17 Member
    Ive started cooking my work lunches and freezing them, by the time it gets to lunch theyve normally defrosted and heat up quickly.

I just made a Mexican bean soup with shredded chicken. Lots of goodness in that one!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Today, I had a cold salad of chickpeas, capers, diced red onion, thinly sliced zucchini and halved cherry tomatoes. I dressed it with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I served that on top if a handful of mixed baby greens. It's delicious, filling and gets better if left overnight in the fridge. The calorie count was uner 300 which is my limit for lunch.
  • MidwestAndHappy
    MidwestAndHappy Posts: 28 Member
    I work 12s so my go to is pita pocket + roasted chickpeas + romaine lettuce. Tomatoes if I can get some good ones.