Adding alcohol

13»

Replies

• Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Brithicks wrote: »
    No judgement here. Your life, your liver. I drink vodka soda or limit to one glass of wine during the week. And I run and lift weights and save my deficit for the weekend. I also drink sparkling water or just water or iced tea or whatever between drinks when I know I am having a long drinking day.

Other than alcohol, I only drink water, unsweetened tea and coffee with cream and sugar. I do not drink sodas. I do not use artificial sweeteners.

Alcohol is pretty much the only calories I drink.
  • Libby283
    KiyaK wrote: »
    You fit it in by not drinking 2 bottles on wine by yourself in one night! Gracious. The question is: what do you want more? To be slim/healthy or get sloshed every weekend? not the answer you want, I'm sure. But welcome to reality.

I don't get sloshed with two bottles of wine. I can drink a six pack, in an hour and not even have a buzz. Not everyone processes alcohol the same and everyone has different tolerance levels. I started drinking my dads beer as a toddler and I still love the taste today.
  • Libby283
    edited June 2016
    fishshark wrote: »
    You fit it in by not drinking 2 bottles on wine by yourself in one night! Gracious. The question is: what do you want more? To be slim/healthy or get sloshed every weekend? not the answer you want, I'm sure. But welcome to reality.

well techincally she could have both but it would require a lot of effort. my husbands tdee is around 3k a day and he doesnt work out. it depends how active she wants to be and how hard she can/will work. to say its not possible is wrong... to say its not probable is more likely.

I never said it wasn't possible. Yes, if someone really wanted to drink to excess & also lose weight, it can be done. But judging from OP'S reaction to suggestions on this thread (aka, coming up with excuses for their behavior & why it can't change.) they're not willing to put in that work. At this point I'm wondering why they bothered to ask the question if they weren't willing to evaluate their behaviors & change something.

Keep doing the same thing, keep getting the same results. Yes, looking at your life & deciding where to make sacrifices sucks. But if it were easy to lose weight while drinking like crazy (or eating to excess) everyone would be skinny. Seems to me that OP has been given many good ideas here, but has then explained why they can't or won't do any of them. At this point they need to decide what's most important in their life & what they're willing to do/change to get there.

I think OP knows the answer, they just don't like it.

yes I know the answer and it sucks. I have to choose food or alcohol. I cant handle both. Unless I quit my job and live at the gym, which I cant do that either. I have not found time to even get to the gym in 2 years on my current schedule.

Prior to dating me, my boyfriend spent 3 hours a day in the gym. With running to sports and kid events, he has not found time to go in weeks. Kids keep us on the go.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    It sounds like you already know the answer. It's still cico, so you can either take in fewer calories (drink less) or burn off more (work out more). Ideally both.

• NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Just because you can drink a ton without getting hammered doesn't mean you SHOULD. You could choose alcohol in moderation. I had to make the decision to limit myself to one-two servings per week on average. I just cannot afford such a large percentage of my calories from wine or beer, I need them for food. It's hard enough getting all of my macros in on 1300kcal a day. I can, however, fit a 12oz beer or 4oz glass of wine on most days, if I choose. I save drinking more than that for special occasions. I had a family wedding this past weekend, along with it being a camping holiday, so I had 2 glasses of wine at the wedding, a glass of champagne, and a beer all in one day. I earned some extra calories by walking & dancing, but I didn't worry about the one day. It's the regular occurrence of overindulgence that will cause health and weight issues, so if you cannot limit yourself to non-binge level servings, then I agree with your idea to abstain completely until you get back to your goal weight. if you don't learn to moderate though, you will be faced with this same problem when you add it back in again.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    As for increasing activity, if you are at sporting events with kids, you can get some extra activity in while you wait. You can walk laps around the field or parking lot, you can stand & jump and cheer instead of sitting in the bleachers.
  • Libby283
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    As for increasing activity, if you are at sporting events with kids, you can get some extra activity in while you wait. You can walk laps around the field or parking lot, you can stand & jump and cheer instead of sitting in the bleachers.

I do walk, play on playground, move for practices. But for games we do our best to watch and cheer for the duration of the game.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Just as an aside, and speaking from experience with a number of alcholics in my spectrum of family and friends - YOU may not think you are affected by a six pack, but I bet the people around notice. They notice the slurred speech, the repetitive and often inappropriate comments, the hooded eyes, the sloppiness, the clumsiness - and try to walk on eggshells around someone like that because they never know what is going to make the drinker go off like a rocket. Contrary to what you may think, you are not fun when you are drunk. Oh, you may be fun with your other friends who are just as drunk as you, but for others, not so much. A lot of resentment can build up toward a drinker who seems oblivious to the way their behaviour impacts others. Just FYI..............
  • Libby283
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Just as an aside, and speaking from experience with a number of alcholics in my spectrum of family and friends - YOU may not think you are affected by a six pack, but I bet the people around notice. They notice the slurred speech, the repetitive and often inappropriate comments, the hooded eyes, the sloppiness, the clumsiness - and try to walk on eggshells around someone like that because they never know what is going to make the drinker go off like a rocket. Contrary to what you may think, you are not fun when you are drunk. Oh, you may be fun with your other friends who are just as drunk as you, but for others, not so much. A lot of resentment can build up toward a drinker who seems oblivious to the way their behaviour impacts others. Just FYI..............

I can drink a six pack and not even have a buzz. Fully functional, no slurred speech, sloppiness, or signs I was drinking anything but water. Not everyone that drinks regularly/socially is an alcoholic. I was passing out beer the other night at a baseball game and I did not even have one. An alcoholic needs to drink constantly and will drink when others are drinking. I drink when I want, and not when I don't want to.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Sorry Libby, your idea of an alcoholic is not accurate. Some dont need to drink constantly. Some binge on the weekends, some work up to a level of intoxication and just maintain that buzz for as long as they can, some alcoholics drink only beer, some only wine, some drink aftershave. If alcohol is an issue identified by you or someone close to you in your life, then you might want to rethink your habits. if you have fought with someone about drinking, then you may want to rethink your habits. If all your social time revolves around drinking, then you may want to rethink your habits.