Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Options

Replies

• Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero is da bomb!!! Love it! Is not always availabile so regular coke zero
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

That is actually pretty awesome news.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    love diet dew! never cared for pepsi. They still use aspartame. My doctor also told me to limit for caffeine sake during my pregnancies. So I bought diet caffeine free.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Found diet Barq's rootbeer (in cans) at target today. I got more excited than I should have when I found it lol.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Warning, barq's artificially caffinates their root beer.

Their diet rootbeer is caffeine free :)

Huh. Good to know. I wonder if they changed the regular too? I haven't checked in years...
  • elphie754
    Options
    Found diet Barq's rootbeer (in cans) at target today. I got more excited than I should have when I found it lol.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Warning, barq's artificially caffinates their root beer.

Their diet rootbeer is caffeine free :)

Huh. Good to know. I wonder if they changed the regular too? I haven't checked in years...

I looked when I was at the store and I'm 99.9% sure the regular still has caffeine.
  • can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy! :) I've been off most pop for about 2 years now, though i do like an occasional rum and diet coke. I did it as a Lenten sacrifice a couple years ago ... and after Lent was over I found I didn't crave it as much but more importantly my periodic heartburn was gone. I never attributed my pop drinking with heartburn. So I happily drink ice tea or water now and save money and no heartburn!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper. Diet Crush, I love me some orange. Not sure about aspertame vs. sucralose though.

And yeah I KNOW YOU DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT WATER...

But IDGAF. The flavor enhancers (Mio, Kool-Aid, etc.) are great. I am not a water drinker either, but add some orange Kool-Aid? I'm a happy girl. More flavor variety too. And you squeeze in the stuff to your taste, which is nice. Also great in a vodka water, for future reference. ;)

So you know I didn't ask about water, but give water advice anyway? Kind of rude in my opinion.

Also I can't use most flavor inhancers due to red dye #40 allergy.

I'm amazed by how many times you've had to repeat this in this thread. I know I shouldn't be, but I still am.
  • bobeidinu
    bobeidinu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At work last night and I grab my usually Diet Pepsi (although this time caffeine free). After a few sips, I had such a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. At first I thought it might just be me and new adversion to foods (pregnant). My partner noticed I wasn't drinking it and asked why, so I mentioned the weird, sickly sweet after taste. He goes, same here, ever since they switched from aspartame to sucralose. Blaugh!!! I hate sucralose, always have. Guess I need to find a new diet soda. Any suggestions?

Why actually drinking that stuff? It's crap anyway. We're on a website promoting health and I am absolutely sure that no such products, regardless the manufacturer, is actually healthy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    bobeidinu wrote: »
    At work last night and I grab my usually Diet Pepsi (although this time caffeine free). After a few sips, I had such a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. At first I thought it might just be me and new adversion to foods (pregnant). My partner noticed I wasn't drinking it and asked why, so I mentioned the weird, sickly sweet after taste. He goes, same here, ever since they switched from aspartame to sucralose. Blaugh!!! I hate sucralose, always have. Guess I need to find a new diet soda. Any suggestions?

Why actually drinking that stuff? It's crap anyway. We're on a website promoting health and I am absolutely sure that no such products, regardless the manufacturer, is actually healthy.

LOL
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Well, despite you being 'absolutely sure', you're actually wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    It's interesting how soda drinkers instantly attack water drinkers in this thread. Live and let live, people. Be well, enjoy your sodas!

"I'm looking for alternatives that aren't water"

"Drink water!"

"Like i said, i don't want to drink water"

"Wah, why are you attacking??"

*facepalm*
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    Wait, I get why my other posts were deleted in here but...the Frozen one? Really? It's a family friendly movie! :)
  • elphie754
    Options

Did you even bother to read the replies before posting, or did you purposly ignore my polite requests not to lecture or bash soda. You can be healthy and drink diet soda. Healthy depends on a whole host of things, not just one drink I choose to consume.
    It's interesting how soda drinkers instantly attack water drinkers in this thread. Live and let live, people. Be well, enjoy your sodas!

"Drink water!"

*facepalm*

Hahahaha!!!!
  • elphie754
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Wait, I get why my other posts were deleted in here but...the Frozen one? Really? It's a family friendly movie! :)

Posts were deleted? Didn't notice.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Posts were deleted? Didn't notice.

Well, unless you can still see the post where I called out (sorta) that one person on her attitude... :)
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 I just heard on the radio they are bringing it back in September. It will now be called Diet Pepsi classic. Maybe you can find another poor substitute in the meantime. It also said they're bringing back the Crystal Diet Pepsi, you remember that clear stuff?
  • A_poetiq
    A_poetiq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I actually like Splenda and aspartame gives me migraines (and seizures) as a child. Now I want to go have a diet soda... Because I can.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Huh I was wondering why it tasted differently. Have you considered flavored seltzers or flavored water (it's not water though it tastes like soda and is delicious with few chemicals- usually a store brand would be key for that)? I've been trying to convert over to them and I'm finding it easier now since the Pepsi I used to love tastes like medicine now.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

Did you even bother to read the replies before posting, or did you purposly ignore my polite requests not to lecture or bash soda. You can be healthy and drink diet soda. Healthy depends on a whole host of things, not just one drink I choose to consume.

"Drink water!"

*facepalm*

Hahahaha!!!!

You know, everyone who drinks water dies... eventually... :wink: