Options
2»

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    @SueSueDio

Yes, it does vary from province to province. =)

I do have some old photos and I do plan to bring them to the surgeon in our appointment. I called MSP to ask what the "requirements" are for my province and the woman just said that my provincial requirement is based on the surgeon's recommendation, and having the surgery in a public hospital (can't be a private surgeon). That's all fine with me so far - there are no minimum grams needed, chest size or set BMI - just depends on what the plastic surgeon writes to the provincial health board.

Well, that's useful to know! I wish you all the best with your consultation, I hope you get approved!

I'm hoping I won't need a reduction myself - I don't seem to be losing a lot of inches around my chest at the moment, and I have some pain in my shoulders and back from the weight of my bust. When I was lighter I was around a 36C or D, and I could happily live with that if I get back down to that size. I reckon my shape will have changed a bit over the years though, and I'm not sure by how much, so I guess I'll have to see when I get there!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thaanks. I hesitate to approach my GP about this. It's kind of embarassing.

But truly, really the reason I want to lose weight is my bust. The rest of me I accept just fine - small hips, small waist. It's the huge heavy droopers that bother me, and they aren't going away unless I stop taking progesterone, but then I would sleep meybe an hour or two a night and that would kill me in short order. I would have to diet myself down to a crazy thin weight for them to stop being a bother. I mean, I can't go for a run or go in the boat without pain, and even walking sometimes is a problem.

My guess is that I don't meet the requirements, though.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @LauraCoth The only way to know is to be brave and ask! Talk to your doctor, explain the issues you have, and see what your options are. At least that way you'll know if there is anything that can be done, or if there's anything else you need to do for yourself first. :)

ETA: If your doctor is male and you're embarrassed to discuss it with him, perhaps your practice has a female doctor or a practice nurse you could talk to initially?