rant: upper body strength completely lacking

13»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    dlm7507 wrote: »
    Loaded carries seem to have a what the heck effect on exercises that seem unrelated. You might want to try that.

Mind explaining to a non-native speaker what you mean? I can't even image what loaded carries are :blush:
  • yirara
    balibee146 wrote: »
    Great thread.....I have exactly the same issue...able to handle pretty heavy kettlebells etc but push up / pull up NOT happening!

I love kettlebells, and especially turkish getups and clean and presses :smile:
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    edited July 2016
    The classes and variations of loaded carries. Of course you chose appropriate weight and choice.
  • yirara
    dlm7507 wrote: »
    The classes and variations of loaded carries. Of course you chose appropriate weight and choice.

Oh! Hmm.. that might be difficult as I don't have any weights nor any space to store anything somewhat bigger. My flat is tiny and has no storage space. Need to be creative I guess.
  • dlm7507
    A bag of rice, beans or dog food might be plenty for you. You probably have something suitable to carry around in your apartment now. We don't really need expensive exercise equipment. Mothers with young children do loaded carries with their children. "Creative" is a good idea.
  • yirara
    Of course though bags of rice are not available here (not even 10kg!), and my heaviest kettlebell is also only 12kg (26lbs). Hell, my 3 week travel bag is never heavier than 10-15kg including snorkeling and hiking gear. Hmm.. all lightweight stuff... *looks around*
  • dlm7507
    The waiter walk with your 12 KG kettlebell might be right for you. I hope you give it a try.
  • yirara
    Absolutely!
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Straight arm planks, while working the abdominals, also work on improving the shoulder stabilizers which could be helpful for you. My office right now is working on increasing our planks to 4 minutes over 60 days. From there we will transition into a push-up challenge.