Herbalife

2»

Replies

• ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    i have actually had them. my friend sells them and i really enjoy them. the shakes taste pretty good and they are low in calories. its a good meal replacement and keeps my from eating other crap
  • alylynn10
    alylynn10 Posts: 44 Member
    Of course I've seen it work paired up with exercise & smart choices, but have you read & done research on the ingredients put in the products?

Just stick to measuring, logging, and exercise!
  • Not such a great friend that they think they can sucker you into buying crap from them. Drop the so called friend - you don't need them or Herbalife in your life.

that may be a bit harsh. It is possible that the friend just bought in hard to the propaganda and is trying to share their belief. But if they keep pushing it, ditch them.

Haha they don't push it on me but they do act like its the best thing in the world. Lol

Its definitely not. *IF* it could help at all, its still too expensive for what you get, just look around if you are sold on and must have certain ingredients, and cost compare. But, also it seems some reports of toxicity would make me advise anyone strongly against the (at best) expensive gamble of taking them.
  • BillMcKay1 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Better stop drinking green tea then as well or drinking or any number of things than can cause liver damage.

http://livertox.nih.gov/GreenTea.htm

I don't think the herbalife product is anything special, and you certainly can buy protein and creatine for a much better price with better macros and less sugar elsewhere.

It's no magic bullet and IMO not worth the money, but it's also not going to rot your liver like people here like to present.

No, drinking green tea will not cause liver damage, you did not read your article. It clearly states drinking the tea does *NOT* cause liver damage, but extracts may. Drink away on the green tea, there are many health benefits in tea form! (just read your own article again, and do more searching if you dont know this)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    w7yjooq82v30.png
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    http://www.mlmmyth.org/alan-aragon-on-mlm-health-product-quality/

Many MLMs simply brush it off by saying that the quality of the products are superior to other non-MLM products. Of course it wouldn't make sense that the distribution method is related to the quality of the product, but I've learned to never credit the MLMers with an over-abundance of smarts.

What if the experts actually said that the MLM products quality was WORSE than their non-MLM equivalaents?

That's what Alan Aragon said in a Facebook Post:

I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell. I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient or fructose as the second ingredient). Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations. To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that)

Not me..I just like science :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    http://www.mlmmyth.org/alan-aragon-on-mlm-health-product-quality/

Many MLMs simply brush it off by saying that the quality of the products are superior to other non-MLM products. Of course it wouldn't make sense that the distribution method is related to the quality of the product, but I've learned to never credit the MLMers with an over-abundance of smarts.

What if the experts actually said that the MLM products quality was WORSE than their non-MLM equivalaents?

That's what Alan Aragon said in a Facebook Post:

I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell. I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient or fructose as the second ingredient). Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations. To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that)

This has been one of my gripes with these products. In most cases, they don't use whey or casein protein, which are the most effective types of protein. That and they are overpriced.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    It's snake oil. SMH.

I hope that never dies.