124»

Replies

• Twistarella
    Twistarella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep - I will be 61 on 22 Jan. <3
  • julieclarksfitnesspal
    Options
    Vegan for 2 years with slips becoming rarer - 57 years old from the Uk with about 45 lbs to lose
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly a whole foods, plant based eater (vegan) for over three years and lost a lot of weight in the first two years but unfortunately, in the last year, I've let down my guard and let myself eat too much vegan junk food and have gained back 27 pounds. In addition, I've been traveling away from home quite a bit this fall/winter and am ready to get back on track. I would add you as a friend but need instructions how to do so. I've forgotten how!
  • pdl98
    pdl98 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello! Plant-based, whole food, low-fat vegan over 50 here. I've been on and off for years. Decided to make it permanent in July after some bad numbers at a physical. My numbers are slowly coming down. I got caught in the vegan junk food trap, so it's been a slow go. Realizing the error of my ways, I'm hoping to make some great improvements this year! I'm here to learn, succeed and meet others who get it. Best wishes on your journey.
  • katkearro
    katkearro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 53 and this is my second time at being vegan. The first time I had challenges with my health because I wasn't eating properly - this time I am being much more careful. My husband is keto which makes things interesting! He is very supportive though and I try not to be too judgy. (it's hard though!)
  • jb_dean
    jb_dean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Jane (she/her). 67 & vegan for 12+ years. I’m single w 1 daughter & 2 fantastic grandchildren (he/him & they/them). I also have 1 dog, Bella, & have been an animal rescuer/advocate for 35+ years. Originally I’m from Hawai’i but now I live in Los Angeles (since 1985). 💙💖
  • Fazola
    Fazola Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Shell here, 54 years old and vegan for over 30 years. The more vegan junk food appearing in the shops these days the fatter I'm getting. So trying to be a bit more healthy and active. Would love some friends if possible please.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi all... Catherine over 50 long time vegetarian then mostly vegan now team vegan.. I am dealing with some health issues so I'm watching the sugar and salt..I'm also gluten free.. My diary is open it may look a bit strange I am anemic and low in potassium so I'm really trying to count the maros.. Sending and welcoming friend requests...
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sam (not quite 50 but heading in that direction!!!) I'm 45 & in the UK and only started eating a vegan diet this year, but have been dairy free (ish) for 8 years.

Not very sporty at the moment due to perimenopause very sore joints and achilles tendonitis. However- I'm far from sedentary with dog walking and chores.

I've sent friend requests to other users in this thread who have been active this year. Hoping to find other vegans with open diaries for inspiration 🙂 At the moment I'm trying to find out how to fit more iron and protein into my diet and work out if I need extra supplements than B12.

Hope to see & support you on your journeys!
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Black Strap molasses for anemia?
  • Cailia
    Cailia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bumping this one up. I'm 54 and a vegan for the past decade. Having gone through menopause in 2020 during the height of the pandemic and falling back into too many processed foods during COVID lockdowns, I gained unwanted weight that I'm working on losing. I've been on MFP for years, but many of my vegan friends on here are no longer active. New vegan friends are always welcome to add me.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jodi. I'm a 53 year old long time vegetarian & new vegan trying to lose aprox 20 pounds and improve my health. Im finding it very hard to stay on track ! I'm super busy with work and family which makes it too easy to rely on vegan junk food and to make excuses to skip out on exercise. So my immediate goals are getting into a meal prep and exercise routine. All are welcome to add me as a friend so that we can motivate each other.
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi,
    some of us started a new group, since the leaders of this one are awol…you can search for Herbivores of MFP…