Apetamin for weight gain

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    cdrw09 wrote: »
    How is your journey going ladies.. I am thinking about to buy apetamin also but I live in Europe so its more pricey

Just eat in a calorie surplus and save your money or get some mass gainer shakes

She isn't taking the med because it causes weight gain. She is taking it because it increases her appetite, so she can more easily eat at a calorie surplus and then gain the weight. This has been explained multiple times. She isn't underweight. She has an aesthetic goal to gain more weight. It's her choice. She finds it challenging to be hungry enough to eat at the calorie surplus. The med increases her appetite, so she eats at a calorie surplus. Not everyone has a huge appetite. I personally wouldn't take it. My doctor actually did prescribe an antihistamine to me while I was trying to gain weight. I chose not to take it. It's a personal choice. I eat all day, even though I am not hungry and I add oils and nuts to increase my calories with less bulk of food quantity. To gain weight a person needs to eat at a calorie surplus. There are different ways to obtain a calorie surplus. Different people choose different methods. Same with weight loss and a calorie deficit. Different people choose different methods which are enjoyable, obtainable, sustainable for their personality type and hunger level. She hopes to eventually have enough of a weight gain and appetite that she doesn't need it. It's her money, her choice, her life, her happiness.

yes, and she can gain weight by taking in more calories, without having to spend money on expensive weight gainer that does not even work for a majority of those who take it.

Eating in a calorie surplus will make you gain weight 100% of the time.

I don't want to keep going over this because it's pointless. Plus I realized you were talking to someone else, and understood why you gave them that advice. It's not a weight gainer. Like weight gain shakes that you mentioned. It increases appetite. It doesn't cause weight gain for anyone because that's not what it does. And it's just her choice to increase her appetite to be able to eat at a calorie surplus. It's not my choice. It's hers. People can make choices. But, it's not a big deal. I don't want to discuss this anymore. It's true she doesn't have to take it. She chooses to. I don't care what other people choose for themselves if they find it helpful.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    stowns30 wrote: »
    New snack of the week. I hope it's yummy! ktlwcdca2zzw.jpeg

You should try it with greek yogurt. So good! And if you go full fat, then you add another 140+ calories.

I actually have and love Greek yogurt so I'll try that. I just ate it on top of a cup of vanilla ice cream and it was soooooo yummy.
  • stowns30
    How is your journey going ladies.. I am thinking about to buy apetamin also but I live in Europe so its more pricey

Just eat in a calorie surplus and save your money or get some mass gainer shakes

She isn't taking the med because it causes weight gain. She is taking it because it increases her appetite, so she can more easily eat at a calorie surplus and then gain the weight. This has been explained multiple times. She isn't underweight. She has an aesthetic goal to gain more weight. It's her choice. She finds it challenging to be hungry enough to eat at the calorie surplus. The med increases her appetite, so she eats at a calorie surplus. Not everyone has a huge appetite. I personally wouldn't take it. My doctor actually did prescribe an antihistamine to me while I was trying to gain weight. I chose not to take it. It's a personal choice. I eat all day, even though I am not hungry and I add oils and nuts to increase my calories with less bulk of food quantity. To gain weight a person needs to eat at a calorie surplus. There are different ways to obtain a calorie surplus. Different people choose different methods. Same with weight loss and a calorie deficit. Different people choose different methods which are enjoyable, obtainable, sustainable for their personality type and hunger level. She hopes to eventually have enough of a weight gain and appetite that she doesn't need it. It's her money, her choice, her life, her happiness.

yes, and she can gain weight by taking in more calories, without having to spend money on expensive weight gainer that does not even work for a majority of those who take it.

I don't use weight gainer because it's never really worked for me. I take Apetamin which is a vitamin syrup that stimulates my appetite. Everyone on mfp that has commented here is actually having awesome results. I'm not sure how everyone's pockets are set up, but it's really not that expensive. I am a master of comparing prices and shopping around. I find it to be no more expensive as it would going to gnc to purchase the weight gain powders or purchasing extra food. Just really need to take time and shop around there's always an alternative price wise. With four children I think I've mastered the mommy savings tool. Lol
  • stowns30
    auddii wrote: »
    New snack of the week. I hope it's yummy! ktlwcdca2zzw.jpeg

Looks delicious. Unfortunately no room in my calories for that... because I keep eating wedding cake.

Lol ... It is yummy let me tell ya,,, Wedding cake is a plus too tho.
  • stowns30

I don't want to keep going over this because it's pointless. Plus I realized you were talking to someone else, and understood why you gave them that advice. It's not a weight gainer. Like weight gain shakes that you mentioned. It increases appetite. It doesn't cause weight gain for anyone because that's not what it does. And it's just her choice to increase her appetite to be able to eat at a calorie surplus. It's not my choice. It's hers. People can make choices. But, it's not a big deal. I don't want to discuss this anymore. It's true she doesn't have to take it. She chooses to. I don't care what other people choose for themselves if they find it helpful.

Pretty much sums it up... I just want us all to find what works for us. IM HAPPY FOR EVERYONE. Cheers to ALL!!!
  • lady_p_getsfit
    lady_p_getsfit Posts: 1 Member
    Sw: 124 lbs
    Cw: 136 lbs
    Gw: 145-150 lbs .... ( struggling, haven't been in the mood to eat or take the Apetamin to make me eat) hopefully this will be a better weeks *stressed to the max *

Did you ever make your goal weight? Also, where do I find Apetamin? I see several different sources, but don't know who has the most reputable product.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

and others can point out that using a product that does not even work half the time is a waste of money ..

if you want to gain weight just eat an extra one or two servings of ice cream...
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Sw: 124 lbs
    Cw: 136 lbs
    Gw: 145-150 lbs .... ( struggling, haven't been in the mood to eat or take the Apetamin to make me eat) hopefully this will be a better weeks *stressed to the max *

Did you ever make your goal weight? Also, where do I find Apetamin? I see several different sources, but don't know who has the most reputable product.

I think that's the problem.
    I'm in the UK and the only way I could get it (if I wanted to) is online,from unregulated sources.
  • cylenthiaragland
    cylenthiaragland Posts: 1 Member
    I just received my first bottle wish me luck!!!! Hope all is well
  • lbake022
    lbake022 Posts: 1 Member
    Where did you purchase your apetamin from?
  • Keyarnanelson
    Keyarnanelson Posts: 2 Member
    Hello where do you all buy it from I can't find it anywhere
  • stowns30
    edited August 2017
    Hello where do you all buy it from I can't find it anywhere

eBay
  • lezmairs
    lezmairs Posts: 1 Member
    I'm glad that you ladies are reaching your goals with weight gain! CONGRATS on finding something that works for you. I just want to point out how the constructive criticism given in this thread can be useful for you.

I've been in your shoes. Even after having two kids I was 115 soaking wet. I was incredibly insecure, I would avoid mirrors and even shop windows when out at the mall so that I never saw my reflection. My butt practically curved inward - ironing board body galore. So one day my husband got a couple tips from a guy who works at our local vitamin shop - blend macadamia nuts into protein shakes, use free range butter, eat avocados etc and do heavy lifting. Well I did do leg workouts at home....but I went HAM on the food. I gained weight alright. I loved it. Filled out my clothes, things jiggled when we had sex (heehee) LIFE WAS GOOD. But as one commenter mentioned above genetics determines where your fat is stored. I'm naturally a banana shape like the original poster on this thread - not pear or figure 8. So as fat went to my thighs and butt like I wanted it to, it went to my belly arms and face just as much. I was skinny fat.

So I started doing research on macros and workouts and found, just as someone mentioned before, in order to SCLUPT my body how I wanted (slim waist FAT *kitten* figure 8) I needed to have structured workouts and track my macros. It took a lot of dedication, but now my waist is slim and my *kitten* is still fat. My face is slim and so are my arms. I have a very feminin body now. Yes, I had to lose the fat weight and then build my muscle from there. Yes it was frustrating. Yes I wanted to cry a lot. But it was worth it.

My advice, from someone who has been in your shoes, is to workout. Research BULKING & CUTTING. Throw out the waiste trainer - it will make your belly muscles weaker. Been there done that. GOOD LUCK!!!! ❤️
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm late to the topic- i just want to clarify for my own understanding- Apetamin causes the person to feel more hungry? It's not a weight gain shake as @BinaryPulsar mentioned, correct? I'm working on gaining. How quickly have you all seen gain results?
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    @psuLemon - Thank you. I didn't realize it is an antihistamine. Wouldn't Zyrtec do the same? Does Apetamin make you drowsy?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    pielattes1 wrote: »
    @psuLemon - Thank you. I didn't realize it is an antihistamine. Wouldn't Zyrtec do the same? Does Apetamin make you drowsy?

Think more like benedryl.. and potentially. Each drug has different interactions for different people. For example, benedryl makes me hyper.

I will note, i have only seen like one success story for apertamin and they had like 1 or 2 post. Most that take this end up creating other threads complaining about belly fat.

IMO, you'd be better off finding food that will allow you to get in a small surplus and manage fat gains.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Agree with PsuLemon, just like losing weight, for those who struggle to gain tracking your intake and finding ways to meet your calorie goals in an enjoyable way is the best route to go down. I'd also only eat a small surplus and strength train so the fat gains are minimal. Eating more will become more natural over time but again, as with weight loss, you have to be mindful in the longer term in order to maintain your results.
  • donkey9512
    donkey9512 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ditto to what Vintage feline said.