Apetamin for weight gain

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    stowns30 wrote: »
    On another note... This BMI tool is crazy. A grown woman 5'2 weighing 115 Healthy??? Smh That can't be right. When I was 115 I looked sick to me. It's weird how they determine what's healthy by your BMI. I've been reading tons of articles and came across one Particularly for Black women and it says that we differ from Caucasian women when it comes to BMI as many factors play a role. This is quite interesting, because I am aiming for 140-145lbs now and I'm already at 132 and I still look small although I've filled in a bit. Basically according to the "Classic " BMI chart if I reach my goal of 145 I will b considered obese. Lol WOW

Sorry but I really have to correct this, if you weigh 145lb at 5'2" you are nowhere nearly obese. How do I know, because I am 5'2", 148lb and only slightly overweight (something like 10lb) after having worked down from super morbidly obese.
  • donkey9512
    donkey9512 Posts: 60 Member
    Quoting from https://www.verywell.com/ and using height, and target weight of 145, the BMI is 26.5
    Everyone carries their wieght differently so take it with a grain of salt. Being overweight is not the same as being obese. Certainly 26.5 is a at worst slightly on the heavier side but not nearly the same as obese.

''Based on your body mass index (BMI) of 26.5, you are classed as overweight.

A healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9, but these numbers can vary for athletes, pregnant women, and between ethnicities. An overweight BMI is generally associated with higher risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes. Your health care provider can help you better understand the reasons you’re overweight and how they affect your health.
    Remember that BMI is interpreted and classified differently for children ages 2 to 20. Health professionals use growth charts and percentiles based on age and sex.''
  • dsmith5521
    dsmith5521 Posts: 1 Member
    Apetamin may work for one person and not for another. That seems to be understood by everyone here - GREAT.
    But what is beyond me, is the fact that people are actually ANNOYED, because others have some scientific, factual acumen as to why certain things may NOT work for ANYONE.

Waist trainers work, but they do NOT work.

This may upset those who are lazy and/or don't like to hear the truth because they're already mentally/emotionally/financially invested, or see others who have used it and convince themselves that they too can achieve results like that person.
    No.

If you want to wear a waist trainer from time to time, to create a silhouette for a dress or outfit - GREAT! This falls under the "It CAN work" section.

Beyond that is simply stupid and potentially very dangerous. May offend some of you but Im not here to mince words, coddle anyone or *kitten* foot around anything. You CANNOT reduce the collection of fat in any one particular area of your body. If you push your stomach in, all the fat will go right back to where it was no matter how long you wear the trainer for.

Ask a spinal surgeon about the harmful musculature effects prolonged uses have. And what effect trainers have on the spine, the bones, the ligaments and the nerves. Waist trainers makes heart burn and indigestion worse, and women pass out after wearing them because they can't get enough air. Your diaphragm, colon, liver stomach, and small intestines can all be shifted around inside your body after wearing one for too long. And these can be PERMANENT results.

Stop all this bitching about people being negative or trying to act like they know it all. You all sound like the folks in the 50's who were upset when others started stating "Hey ya know what? Cigarettes help take the edge off but they may end up KILLING you".

These waist trainers just should NOT be used over time. The prolonged use is not healthy at all. I don't understand how we are actually upset at the people who are trying to warn us about this fact.

Before purchasing one, look up the term cognitive dissonance.

Godspeed.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    i just ordered it and i'm currently 95ibs with a goal weight of 110. how much weight did you guys gain from one bottle?
    the bottle doesnt make you gain weight. it says it stimulates appetite so how many calories you eat over your maintenance calories will be the factor in how much you gain..

• se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    CMB1979 wrote: »
    How many calories does that little bottle have? It must be a huge amount of calories to help you gain weight like that.

Its basically an antihistamine which in about 25% of people stimulates hunger. Which may help people eat more.[/quo

Is Sedation a possible side effect due to the fact that it's anti histamine sort of like Benadryl or not the same type of drug?
  • se015
    psulemon wrote: »
    I hate that.. I already had a lil stomach from stuffing my face before I ordered my bottle of Apetamin vitamin syrup; however I do it makes u gain weight so I'm gonna push myself to workout more and buy a shaper for when I exercise. I really bought this to be able to maintain my weight because my metabolism is crazy fast and I was told that it also slows it down. We shall see.. I hate the taste by the way. Lol

Apetamin doesnt slow the metabolism. Its pretty much just an antihistamine which can stimulate hunger for some. In fact most people dont even have fast metabolisms. They either tend to naturally eat low calorie foods or not very big meals.

Along with your current regime, the below thread might be helpfulto everyone in this thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

I see.... However I actually do have a fast metabolism so in my case it's definitely why I struggle with weight gain/maintaining. I do know that this helps with apetite which is a good thing.

Can anyone tell me where one can find Apetamine??
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    I hate that.. I already had a lil stomach from stuffing my face before I ordered my bottle of Apetamin vitamin syrup; however I do it makes u gain weight so I'm gonna push myself to workout more and buy a shaper for when I exercise. I really bought this to be able to maintain my weight because my metabolism is crazy fast and I was told that it also slows it down. We shall see.. I hate the taste by the way. Lol

Apetamin doesnt slow the metabolism. Its pretty much just an antihistamine which can stimulate hunger for some. In fact most people dont even have fast metabolisms. They either tend to naturally eat low calorie foods or not very big meals.

Along with your current regime, the below thread might be helpfulto everyone in this thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

I see.... However I actually do have a fast metabolism so in my case it's definitely why I struggle with weight gain/maintaining. I do know that this helps with apetite which is a good thing.

I believe on eBay or by googling it.
  • se015

I tried googling it and couldn't find any that's why I asked but I'll try ebay. Thanks!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator

I tried googling it and couldn't find any that's why I asked but I'll try ebay. Thanks!

If antihistamines don't make you hungry, than don't bother.
  • se015

If antihistamines don't make you hungry, than don't bother.

Ok thanks! I know they make me sleepy but not sure about hunger, usually asleep haha
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    dmulkey68 wrote: »
    I started my Apetamin syrup this past Sunday, I was at 123, I’ve gained bs since then! This stuff really works, I have a crazy appetite since taking it. My goal is maintain my weight between 140-145, I would mind 150 either as long as I keep it in check. I’ve ordered a waist trainer because I definitely see where the weight is trying to go(tummy) and they can’t happen.

You can't control where the fat goes, and depending if you are underweight and by how much, the fat could be there to preserve your organs. It's a survival mechanism. Forgo the waist trainers, they would do nothing but hurt your organs (not good for Crohnies!). Just eat at a surplus and lift weights. I can promise you from experience the fat will redistribute over time.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    dmulkey68 wrote: »
    I started my Apetamin syrup this past Sunday, I was at 123, I’ve gained bs since then! This stuff really works, I have a crazy appetite since taking it. My goal is maintain my weight between 140-145, I would mind 150 either as long as I keep it in check. I’ve ordered a waist trainer because I definitely see where the weight is trying to go(tummy) and they can’t happen.

The abdomen is the first place many people will see weight gain, and you can't control where you gain fat. A waist trainer will do absolutely nothing other than make you sweat underneath it and weaken your abdominal/lower back muscles.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member

https://www.aworks.shop/
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    CW:143lbs
    GW:150lbs
    SW:134lbs

I’m back on this journey as I stopped because I was pregnant,, then breastfeeding. Doing great again... this stuff works wonders. Happy gaining!!!
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    CW:143lbs
    GW:150lbs
    SW:134lbs

I’m back on this journey as I stopped because I was pregnant,, then breastfeeding. Doing great again... this stuff works wonders. Happy gaining!!!

Yes it does work! I'm back on it also. Started today!
  • se015

https://www.aworks.shop/

What is this?? I went on that link and they sell these packages or something is that apetamine?