How long do I bulk for?

Options
2»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    From the /misc/: Bulk until you're tired of being fat; cut until you're tired of being weak.

Bulk until you hate yourself!
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I bulk from Ocober to March and cut March to October.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Most of the people I know who are into bodybuilding bulk for about six months...many of them go as long as nine months...but it will be variable...there's really not a set amount of time save for you want to do it long enough as to be efficient.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    chrismwpcs wrote: »
    I am in a clean weight gain cycle. The more weight you put on the more you need to eat simply for maintenance. For example. I have plateaued at 80kg at around 3300 calories which is now my maintenance level (13500kj) and during this bulking phase have lifted my calories to 4000 calories or (16715kj). You just have to play with the energy numbers per day and when you are sure of your maintenance level cut it under maintenance and you will be on the road to a cut. You will know when it feels right to start the cutting cycle. Good luck.

A clean bulk is usually considered a 250-500 surplus. You seem to have a 700 calorie surplus so a dirty bulk.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    "Clean" and "dirty" are awful, ambiguous terms and are perceived differently by everyone. Just don't get fat and you're probably good.