Do you workout with your significant other?

124»

Replies

• littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    My husband and I run together 3-4 days a week and it's great. We motivate each other, get to have an uninterrupted conversation (with 3 kids that doesn't happen much) and enjoy knowing that we are improving our health for many more years together. :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    My spotter. :happy:

2dk4w_zps204a7802.gif
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Yes we do. We are both doing AllPros routine and work out in the mornings in our basement. I'm love that we lift together. It also helps me feel more justified every time I buy new equipment. : )
  • DeanR321
    DeanR321 Posts: 57 Member
    Hopefuly when i meet a new partner she is active and likes to workout as my ex never did like it
    I like to keep fit and eat healthy and its great to see other couples in the gym egging each other on thats what i would like but only time will tell but as long as she is kind, honest and looks after her self i will be a happy man. :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Not yet. Just got into a relationship last week. Hopefully he can keep up with me, haha.
  • griffith5150
    griffith5150 Posts: 123
    My fiancé and I occasionally work out together, not always since our work schedules are sometimes different. Its great when we do because we seem to push each other more, especially with weight training..
  • My boyfriend and I workout together and it's absolutely wonderful! We go to the gym together, but workout separately for the first 40 minutes or so. Then for the last 20 minutes we workout together - either butts or guts lol. We do circuits of ab or butt exercises, as these are areas we (he and I respectively) are trying to place more focus on. Either way, he is my biggest supporter and I love going to the gym together. Even if we are working out apart, it's nice just knowing he is in the same building =)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    I would love to get my husband to workout, but he won't go for it at all.
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    I'm doing body beast with my wife. We are in the 4th week. I had previously completed a p90x/insanity hybrid and 1 round of body beast myself. Glad she's coming along for the ride, but it can be a hassle at times because I need to wake her up and then make sure she comes downstairs.

She is doing awesome and it is definitely more fun working out with someone.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    I can't now because of our different work schedules.

However, we used to. But I often found myself getting frustrated with him because he wouldn't work as hard as I did. We did workout videos together, and he wouldn't do the moves right, or would not do it as intense. I never said anything, and I know I shouldn'tve worried about him, but I know he is a lot stronger than me. However, he is a big baby when it comes to pain and is always complaining about things.

Plus, I don't like people watching me workout, and even though he was working out too, sometimes I knew he would watch me.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Yes, we do yoga and just started Stronglifts together. Trying to get her into strength training!