5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Replies

• nichole911_us
    nichole911_us Posts: 2 Member
    Do any of you hit certain weight levels and have a hard time getting past them? For me it's HARD to get past 112, and then past 109. My math works out to lose the weight but the measurements and lbs don't budge. Any insights or experience in this phenomena?
  • tamms_1965
    tamms_1965 Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2016
    My goal is 125, although my small frame could go for lower. I'm 51, started at 181, and now at 139. I'm 5'3.5"
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Do any of you hit certain weight levels and have a hard time getting past them? For me it's HARD to get past 112, and then past 109. My math works out to lose the weight but the measurements and lbs don't budge. Any insights or experience in this phenomena?

The lower your weight the harder it is to achieve a deficit. When I first started losing, my weight came off like clockwork from 139 to 121, after that it slowed a bit. Once I hit 115, I let myself take a diet break from Thanksgiving through Christmas because, well, food. When I restarted in January at 115, I hit 110 by February. After that I mini-bulked up to 114.5 and then it took from May until mid-July to hit 108. I will admit that my food scale was my best friend for weight loss.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    I am 5'3 and a half. My goal is to be around 130-125 lbs. I have lost 31 lbs so far. I am hoping my bust size will go down 1 cup size and an inch in band size. Most of the excess fat is in my thighs, hips, and stomach. I want to get rid of that. My arms aren't too bad but they lost definition.
  • kbarrett0701
    kbarrett0701 Posts: 54 Member
    15% body fat. I'm at 19% now.
  • Pattycake755
    Pattycake755 Posts: 59 Member
    Frame size matters when figuring out your goal weight. I am 5'4. I started at 281lbs March 2015; I now weigh about 219lbs. 62lbs down! I set my weight goal at 145lbs, but I had a doctor's visit last week and he said I should weigh 155lbs. According to some weight loss sites, 145lbs should put me in a healthy BMI range, but my doctor's chart is clearly 10lbs different. I have not always been fat so I remember that due to my large frame I do look slim at 155lbs and really skinny at 135lbs. Not all ideal weight charts agree but most show a weight range for each height, and I think one's frame size (small, medium or large) has a lot to do with whether one will look healthy at a certain weight. According to some charts I could weigh as little as 108, but I would look like a skeleton!
  • _annevalerie
    _annevalerie Posts: 17 Member
    5'3...my ultimate goal has always been to be around 125-130. I currently sit at 162 so I've about 35 lbs to lose!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    15% body fat. I'm at 19% now.

Do you compete in shows or do you have a running goal to hit? 15% body fat is really low for a woman and usually only done for those purposes. Did you get a DEXA scan that gave you a BF% of 19?
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm 5'3.5'' I never been obese, but my highest was 145lbs and my lowest was 105lbs, I now weight 125lbs (idk what my BF%) but my goal is to lose some fat and 115lbs (or higher maybe)
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    I am an older lady and my goal (for now) is 140. I am 5'4"
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    When I was previously very fit (before my youngest), I looked trim and healthy in the 140's. I got down in the 130's and looked athletic, but as I tried to get lower, I started looking less healthy. I have a medium frame with a decent amount of natural muscle. In fact, most people assumed that I weighed 10-15 lbs less than I actually did.

Goal is 145 lbs at this time. (I'm 210 and just turned 40.) After that the scale won't matter. I want to get back to the athletic look whether it's in the 130's or 140's.
  • dremm404
    dremm404 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'4" & 21 yrs, currently at 147 after gaining 20 pounds due to medication changes in the past year, so my first goal is to get back to the mid/high 120s where I was a year or two ago, and then hopefully stabilize in the low 120s!
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    I'm 34 & 5'3 ish, and I'm anywhere between 133-138 depending on the day. I want to get back to 118 ish. It all seems to be residing in my butt and thighs, and it seems absolutely impossible to loose it from there! And so hard to see results which gets frustrating and generally causes me to say screw this
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    I'm 27 and 5'3". I've been 203 pounds, 147 pounds and everywhere inbetween. I'm up to 198 right now and I would say that I feel the best being 150 to 165.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

Yes, and for me it's MUCH higher than your sticking point. I literally struggle getting past 135. The first time I tried to go from 133 into the 120s, it was painful. There is just less room for error when you get small. Sometimes the deficit causes you to be a little less active if you're tired, which effects your TDEE, and makes your deficit not as large.

For me, I'm relatively lean and have a decent amount of muscle and not TOO much fat...so if I'm trying to lose that bit of fat here or there, it's like pulling teeth. Especially when I'm squatting 3x per week, deadlifting twice and bench pressing 3x.
  • jules1006a
    jules1006a Posts: 1 Member
    You ladies are all so impressive! I'm so out of shape and finding it hard to get motivated to change my eating habits long term and work out regularly. I'm 5'3" and currently at 172. Goal is 140.
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Started at 317. my first goal to hit 200. then my goal is 16o. I may lose more, depends on how I feel and look.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member

I got stuck twice at 123.6. I can't explain it. I wish I could get stuck when my weight is on the rise!