Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Lana why dont you consider the dog as an emotional support dog for yourself? You deserve a dog to take you on walks and go outside and meet people.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    My boss increased my production. I am thinking it is because I am meeting my goal and need to speed up. What she texted blew me away - seems my coworkers do X and Y and hour so I can do more. I will go faster but not to the point where I make mistakes. I am trying to stay out of the way of her bad/negative karma as much as possible.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I’m sure, other places being closed, is a HUGE part of why so many more people. I do my best to stay safe... I don’t wear a mask, unless at work...lots of Germ X and hand washing...no matter how you feel about this virus, what does it hurt to be cautious and clean? Before the weekend, we had not had any new cases for about a week and only 10 active cases, within 2 counties. Today, alone, there’s 3 new cases...not saying it’s from a tourist...moreso, that they could have contracted here and taken it home and contaminating how many others...next 2 weeks will be interesting...
  • arniedog74
    Lana- sorry for falling out with friend. I know you guys were close. Hope it will work out, in time. I understand why you choose to go to breeder. Just research, research, research. Also, with Goldens...LOTS of hair! Just be prepared to spend lots of time brushing and going to groomer...not trying to deter...just a heads up...lol

Sara- no nice words (towards boss) so nothing to say...

Lynn- fun fact...the beginning of Ozark (unless changed..I haven’t seen last 2 seasons) was filmed on the Bagnel Dam Strip...which is a HUGE tourist attraction, about an hour from me...Sunrise Beach, where they live/lived, is where I work...but, most of the show (at least in the beginning) was filmed in Ga...it’s another thing, where locals either LOVE it or really, really HATE it...I enjoyed what I have seen...I think, cuz I know it’s mostly fake (there are lots of drugs and criminal activity) ...was a bit of a sore subject, first season...lol
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Sleep has been hard because it is so HOT.

Lead will let me know how to connect large heavy box I had to pick up yesterday - boss (luckily) was gone. Deliberate I am sure and as I had no positive words it would have been a "hi-bye" anyway.

Word has it we are all coming back to work starting June 30th though how they are going to ensure we are safe from virus is unclear and I am not sure they really care.

Lana - my neighbor had a Golden and he was a wonderful dog, but owner said he did vacuum a lot. Good reason I think to hire a hunk and make him vacuum. Did I just create a name for a company???

Dawn - saw on news the over abundance of young people basically doing what young people do - and I could not help but hear the song lyrics "seks music seks romance" kittened the lyrics for us..... Please try and wear a mask in closed spaces like grocery stores. I wear my heavy duty ones in stores and otherwise dental type for social moments.

Sorry for the essay.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Lana - I too am sorry to hear about your friend. Agree with all the information on breeders. I got my lab from one highly recommended around here. Great dog. Good line, but the line is not all genetically tested. I did test Maggie - she is a carrier of a gene that causes Exercise Induced Collapse. Luckily just a carrier. But breeder had no clue it was in her line of dogs, or didnt care. Who knows. Anyway, research. Ask for medical records and go ahead! Get your dog. Follow your dreams. Your plan is a great one! I don’t have a Golden, but I have a shedder. A robot vacuum is my friend. I have mostly all hard floors and I love my vacuum.
    Humid here today. But no bugs yet, so enjoying it.
    Dawn- Ozark I would say was ok. Got pretty far fetched and too much of the same plot over and over. But I watched it all during the winter :).
    Sara - you are inspiring, your attitude with such a crummy boss!!
    Waves to all- Maureen, Tracy, Holly, Runa and Suzu hope you are popping in. Take care all!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning Ladies~~

Thank you all for the positive words about my getting a Golden (probably next year, after divorce is finished). Yes, I am ready for the brushing and the hair everywhere. I love their floofy coats, and I'm ready for the daily work to keep them up - also planning to have a section of the kitchen for dealing with wet coat from the swimming pool!

Sara - I'm glad that you did not have to see Mrs Monster when you got your gear. Keep on hanging in there. Big hugs~~

Dawn - yes the next couple of weeks in your area will be interesting. Let's hope things don't get bad. Crossing fingers.

Lynn - You mentioned no bugs yet - so true. This is supposed to be the year of the 17-year cicadas. I hope that it is not too awful, as NC has more than its fair share of buggies to begin with. Yick!

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    One other fun fact RE: Ozark...a local “star” (Bareknuckle boxing Champ) spent time showing everyone around and, hung out with Jason Bateman.... So jealous.. I have always loved Jason Bateman, no idea why...

Sara- good you missed boss...maybe, they will stagger shifts? Who knows how the end of June will be...we’re in Phase 2 of re opening...if you can actually say that, after the weekend...

Lana- we actually have clients that have Show Goldens...oh my, the way they stand, the cut of their fur....gorgeous dogs...sounds like you have done your research and know what you want...and, that’s good...I’m sure you will find a great breeder, and find a great pup!

Lynn- we are muggy and humid and rainy here...but, it’s making hubby’s garden look awesome..so, not complaining yet...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Last of the HOT (over 100 and slightly muggy for us - our summers have 20% or less humidity normally. Went to take Miss T out and it was so nice !!

Another one bites the dust - second coworker this month has left the company and our department. Rumor has it she has connections to Mrs Monster- but that must not look good to have so many changes. Had a call with a coworker friend who had some information. I am just glad the week is almost over.

Food choices have been okay- its those little extra goodies that get in the way.

Dog meds is on the "to do" list for the weekend - allergies. Those "internal sneezes" gets on my nerves.

Friday Eve - Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~

Please relay my thanks to Miss Tillie for sending the card! 💖 She is very thoughtful 😘

I woke up way, way too early today. I've lost my ability to fall asleep for a nap, so today is going to be very, very long. More rain, they say.

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Holly and Runa and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Sara, I hear you about the internal dog sneezes. It sounds like she is in distress but the vet says no. We have rain here in PA today too. Was out in the Jungle garden early. Portion control better but still not what it should be. Hang in there ladies. Waves to all.
  • arniedog74
    edited May 2020
    Good morning... spending my day off, sitting outside Dr's office...DH has a tick bite, that looks concerning... i'm not panicking... he is a bit of a hypochondriac (gets it from his mom) and, he has been picking and irritating this thing for 3 days.. his friend told him, it looks like his bite when diagnosed with Lymes.. maybe, maybe not..I told him, the first day to go have it checked out... he refuses to listen to me... he'd rather get people's opinion on FB...ok, i'm grumpy this morning... will be back with update later... hope everyone has a good day..
  • LanaCabana537
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Good morning... spending my day off, sitting outside Dr's office...DH has a tick bite, that looks concerning... i'm not panicking... he is a bit of a hypochondriac (gets it from his mom) and, he has been picking and irritating this thing for 3 days.. his friend told him, it looks like his bite when diagnosed with Lymes.. maybe, maybe not..I told him, the first day to go have it checked out... he refuses to listen to me... he'd rather get people's opinion on FB...ok, i'm grumpy this morning... will be back with update later... hope everyone has a good day..

So Dawn - Do I have this right, that you were sitting outside of a doctor's office because DH finally listened to you and is seeing a doctor about his tick bite?
    Advanced Lyme disease can be awful; it's a very good idea to have tick bites looked at. 👍🏻

Let us know what the doctor said.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Lana- not really... he listened to his FB friends and his friend that had Lymes... it's been 3-4 days since he pulled the tick... it's been irritating him ever since... for whatever reason, he posted on FB and every one said go to Dr... so, that made him go...

The Dr didn't even test him. He looked at it and said, it's Lymes... gave him 2 weeks Doxycycline...DH has been told, it takes 6 weeks of antibiotics... guess we shall see...
    Going to talk to Dr's at my clinic, about getting Lymes vax for dogs... even though I use preventative... ticks will still bite, they just die after they bite...

Just love this time of year.... ticks are already bad this year. .
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dawn- I just started Doxycycline myself. "kitten" tick - after finding 5 on me somehow a 6th one slept with me and embedded in me! Called on call Dr and they just prescribe the Doxy as well. Two weeks only - hopefully that is all it will take to knock Lymes out before it starts? I did start on mine on day 2- because I found it on Monday. I get my pup Lymes shot too. Darn little buggers. So gross.
  • LanaCabana537

Oh my Ladies!!!

Both of you have these vile tick creatures *kitten*-ing with your lives. Gah!
    How gross.
    Is this a banner year for deer ticks and the 17-year cicadas both? Blech!
    - - - - - - - -
    Thankfully, there are absolutely NO bad insects at the Cabana Club - only beautiful butterflies and pretty little harmless green god-knows-whats. 🦎 ☺️

Jean Philippe, Leandro, and Antoine will be around soon with On-Program cocktails, snacks, foot massages, and pillow fluffing. Ahhhh.....

They decided we should not wait until Friday!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Lynn- funny, this was his 6th tick, too..lol..he is positive it was just a few days ago...he remembers when he pulled it...apparently, antibiotics is all the do, now...his friend had it last year, waited a month or so, got sick and, they still only gave Doxy...he got better, just took time...so, hopefully he won’t get too sick...I remember how it used to be such a big deal, if you got Lymes... I worked with a lady, that gave herself daily injections, because of it. But, if I remember right, she went undiagnosed for a long time...this was probably about 25 years ago or so...guess, things have changed...hope you stay well...ticks are just nasty...
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 600 Member
    Greetings, all. I've been so busy lately, and worn out with the heat and humidity when not busy. Lots of miles in despite the weather--hence the fatigue.

Lana, you can leave your pup to me if anything happens. Seriously. I've taken on dogs before, so it is no big deal. And better to know where yours will go, so you don't fret about it. Mine are often dirty right now b/c they get so much time outside despite the mud--Grooming appointments are set to make it easier for me to maintain their coats between baths. Getting them clean with their current coats is a nightmare; they both have double coats. They actually stay quite nice most of the year with daily brushing, but this mud is something else right now. My house cleaner came yesterday and despite my best efforts, the hardwood floor on the main level is already in need of mopping. Anyway, I hope you get a lovely pup to keep you company, and the walks are the best for exercise and mental health.

Dawn, sorry to hear about the tourist hordes. WI had its highest day ever for new cases, almost 2 weeks to the day after reopening. And we all know that means it will only get worse. I feel so bad for folks who know they are vulnerable and are worried. I use a mask whenever I enter a public place, and that is not often. Our county health department has its own order and despite the increased traffic as more people returned to work, it is not up to "normal" levels. If the UW continues off-campus instruction for summer and fall, we will have a better situation than most, as a town built for thousands of students becomes quiet without them. I continue to worry about all the folks in all the states who have to go back to work or lose jobs and find themselves unable to apply for unemployment. What a cruel position to have been backed into.

My last day of online instruction is June 3, but because we cannot have exams, we have 4 days of professional development (PD). PD is bad enough on its own, but I am feeling so "done," I worry about what I will and will not be able to absorb. I leave the 4th for Florida, to take care of my mom now that my sister had her foot surgery. She needed 11 separate procedures, so I guess it was long overdue. Glad to be able to see them but so worried about catching COVID while traveling and then conveying it to them. No one else seems too concerned, but it is almost making me sick.

I'm continuing to have success with losing a lb a week, and I'm doing my PT exercises for back and knee, hoping I can increase from my paltry 0.7 miles 3-4 times a week this week back to the 3-4 miles my jogs usually are. I have a long row to hoe, so to speak, in getting back to that distance, and it is not exactly easier in humid weather back home. Oddly, it's easy enough to job in FL despite the much greater heat and humidity, b/c there are no hills where I job. Hills are hard enough on their own. I jog after sun down in FL, having discovered that it is not worth rising at 5 or 6 am b/c it's almost as hot and humid then as it is at 7:30 pm. No deep dip in temp like we enjoy at home most of the summer (except for a few awful weeks, usually in July, and that's when I use the A/C most).

Hoping all stay well.

Maureen

SW: 233
    CW: 216
    Goal: IDK yet.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    I started a new box of Cheerios this morning. Does that count?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Mulianphylane - yes I also started a new box of cereal and yes it does count!!