Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Miss T will have 2 new meds that she must take daily so no more of this diva stuff, syringe time (no needle) twice a day. One to drain fluid in her lungs and one for her heart. She will have an ultrasound soon for more heart details. I am a wet noodle.

Oh gosh. That had to be so scary. Glad it’s just more meds, for now. Please let us know about the ultrasound. Will be thinking of you and Miss T. Hugs

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    edited June 2020
    Miss T is in an oxygen room for at least a night maybe 2. Think more$$$ than I planned but do I pay now or lose her sooner?? For me that is not a question.

Clinic didnt like her progress with the diuretic and recommended I take her to the hospital where she is now.

Now to get $20. and drop it in my gas tank. But that is tomorrow.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    So sorry about Miss Tillie. Hurts my heart when furbabies are ill.

I'm still around--and getting rounder every day. Taking a break that currently has no end date.

I read every day and keep up with the board. Best to all of you!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning All~~

Sending good vibes out to Dawn and Lynn for the two surgeries today. Please let us know~~

Sara - Wow, you have been going through a lot with Miss Tillie. I hope that she responds well to the meds. This must be very stressful for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this right now.
    Sending you big hugs~~

Lana

255.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Quick note- overslept as I had trouble sleeping - I knew I would.

Dog still in hospital no phone calls one way or another. Cried more yesterday than I have in a long time. I was so pissed at the rudeness of the receptionist that I just sat there and cried in their hall way. COVID made us sit outside in the heat under their mister which was of little help.

Just glad it is Friday and I can recoup over the weekend.

Thank you Tracy/Lana for getting us started.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    So sorry about Miss Tillie. Hurts my heart when furbabies are ill.

I'm still around--and getting rounder every day. Taking a break that currently has no end date.

I read every day and keep up with the board. Best to all of you!

Hey there Tracy~~

I didn't see your post until now because I often bungle things when our posts go onto a new page....Those new pages just seem to pop up and surprise me. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It's good to see you! Do whatever you can nowadays. We will get there eventually, even if we have to take a break from time to time.

Hugs,
    Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    News from Vet if dog does well on her blood tests she will be able to come home today.
  • LanaCabana537
    News from Vet if dog does well on her blood tests she will be able to come home today.

Sara - Hoping Tillie's blood tests are good. Let us know 😘
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- please let us know how Miss T is doing, when you can.

Gma's surgery went well. They were able to remove polyp, no colostomy bag. Thank goodness. They did have trouble waking her up. So, she will be staying the night. She won't be happy with that. But, it's definitely for her own good. One person will be allowed to visit... once she is in a regular room... who knows when that might be... but, she is ok... Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts...

Lynn- how is FIL? Did his surgery go well? Update when you can...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Miss T is home and now I am having a dilly of a time trying to get the liquid medicine seal off.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn - Thank you for the update and good news on your gma. If they keep her overnight for observation that is not uncommon.

Miss T is mad because I had to shoot medication into her mouth and made her take it. These are her new heart meds and she cant thumb her nose at them. I now have to find lower sodium wet food for her. Get ready for the dirty looks from Miss T.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    ***** SATURDAY ******

Good morning All~~

Dawn - What wonderful news about the successful surgery on your grandmother. Wow, I bet that you are feeling pretty good today. I hope that she does well and is comfortable enough for the next few days of recovery. I like when they keep older people in the hospital for a day or two, just in case.

Sara - It's great to hear that Miss Tillie is home and coming along. I hope that you got that meds container open without causing yourself bodily harm. 😊

Lynn - please check in when you can and let us know....

Waving to everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

254.6 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Dogs new schedule is messing me up but luckily it is the weekend. She had her morning meds and I am waiting about 20 minutes to give her food as one must be taken on an empty stomach. I will go to my regular Vet today and give them the 10 mask mates I made and ask about low sodium food as well. Seems baby food also works so I get to spend time in the baby section of a store. She has tender legs from yesterday, but I am going to make her walk to her food.

Lana - how did you know? If the bottle is a liquid hold the bottle upside down!!! I finally saw the image before I asked someone else for assistance.

Dawn - I bet your gma is thrilled to have this all done and over with. Let us know how you are both doing.

No plans set for today and with dog that is probably a good thing.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana I sent something last weekend has it arrived?
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    My 3 days at the beach were good. I wish I slept better there. So sorry to hear Miss T's health concerns. It so hard since we love them so much. You are a good mommy Sara.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Holly glad your retreat was productive.

Miss T is my shadow right now but she is doing okay. Her 2nd portion of dinner is soon. She had to take meds on an empty stomach so I wait an hour between food and meds. I dont know if that is correct. I am just glad she is eating.
    Thank you Holly for your kind words.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Fighting dog to take meds is bad enough but when the medicine clogs the syringe that it the worst.

Groceries this morning, some cooking, but I am hoping for another restful day as both dog and I are tired.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • holly1283
    Don't know what is in store for you and Miss T but when a previous let of mine was diagnosed with kidney failure I got the special food and followed the vet's advice and had Odie for another 2 1\2 years. Just snuggle and relax with her today. Enjoy
  • holly1283
    Pet
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~

I hope that things get easier for you and Miss T. I bet you are tired!

Thank you ever so much for that amazing card! It is SO pretty! I love it 💖
    I've got the perfect spot for it - in front of my Buddha painting on my studio window ledge. 🤗

Lana