Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2020
    Good morning All~~

Dawn - Hearts are so complicated! Yes, here's hoping that DH makes his appointment.
    Has he ever been given a Holter Monitor for 24 or 48 hours?
    Keep us posted please.

Tracy - OMG a possum in the house? Yikes! Your cats are funny 😁
    I hope that you manage to get it out of the house soon!

Sara - Most people I see shopping or working in the stores are wearing masks, but wow when I drive through downtown, I have seen many, many groups of young people all without masks and sitting at sidewalk restaurant tables with zero feet of social distance. They must be so unaware - if you don't use your smartphone to get the news, you don't get the news, you know what I mean? 🤦🏼‍♀️ Or they think that they are invincible?
    Then there's those people who have the mask, but are not wearing it properly. What the heck?

Maureen - I hope that your Florida/family trip is going well.

Waving to Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

256. 8 today
    258. 8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    kpk66igu97qd.jpg
    The little friend has been returned to the wild.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Tracey, thank you that did cheer me up. Lets hope the critter can get outside quickly and safely. I hope you didnt get your cats as "exterminators"..... they need training!!
  • LanaCabana537

Yay Tracy!!

Glad you got the possum out of the house and back into the wild. I hope it doesn't come back in again!

😁

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Rant alert, I will be ranting and complaining.

I want my junk food. There is none.
    I want people to stop telling me no.
    I want to stop having to deal with more changes. I am only so flexible.
    I want to hug my dog.
    I am tired of being happy for everyone. Part of the reason I am ranting is because when I am kranky I should not have to explain myself, I am having a hissy fit because I want to.
    I am seriously tired of dealing with my boss.
    I am tired of not being able to afford things that would make my life easier or better.
    I am tired of having to worry I will be living in a shopping cart - I moved heaven and earth to make sure Miss T was not in danger. I do not know where my next living salutation will be and I find that uncomfortable as my area is getting more and more dangerous and the rent just keeps going up.
    I dont know who I can trust or confide in at the moment.

In these moments, I usually hug my dog and bless her heart, she cant be here for me.

Okay enough for one night. I will wrap up in a nice warm shawl and find what sleep I can Mrs Monster waits for nobody.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Thursday, June 18th

Sara-- {{{{ Hugs }}}}

I wish I had answers for you. You may rant here all you like. I will listen. Message me if you would like to rant privately.

Maybe today will be better.

Tracy
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    Good morning Tracy~~

Sara~~
    We are here for you. So sorry there are so many worries and negatives in your life right now.
    Be kind to yourself, as you will be grieving for a while now, having lost your closest friend.

8j3wu7fpx6pd.jpeg

I hope that you got some sleep. Check in with us soon, OK?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Just glad there was no alcohol in the house last night. It was one of those moments that would have tempted me.

Thank you ladies. I will have to rant privately for awhile and that's okay too.

You know it, Mrs Monster is watching the clock and I have 10 minutes to get there.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning.
    Oh Sara - rant away. You deserve to rant! Here is what I know of you - you are a kind, gentle soul that will do anything for anyone. You think of an provide gifts for people who are ill and suffering. You DID do everything possible for Miss T. You deserve for things to work out, so I am hoping and praying they do. My hear hurts for your loss and I am throwing mental daggers at Mrs M. Please take care of yourself.
    Hello Lana!
    Tracey - so glad you got him out of your house!
    Hello Dawn - how is the hubby?
    Waves to all!
    Lynn
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 600 Member
    Sara, I wish I could come give you a hug. Just so hard to lose them, and then to get smacked in the face with the loss each time we turn to hug them. I am so sad for you.

Dawn, sorry to hear about your husband. I apparently "throw PVCs" all the time, as do a few blood relatives. So far--at 61--it's not a problem, and wasn't even mentioned until last year. I'm not positive that diet matters for this--although in general, it's obviously better to eat heart-healthy foods. Don't know if exercise matters either--I've been active in aerobic exercise my entire life except when pregnant twice, and I have the issue. I'll be interested to know what, if anything, you learn. No options through the ACA for health insurance?

I will be staying in Florida for a week longer than planned. My mom's caregiver who is here 20 hours/week each week day morning has been exposed; her mother in law tested positive for Covid. I also cracked down on my sisters' rather casual approach to visitors lately--the two nurses were letting all sorts of visitors/work people in. I've had contact with more people in the 2 weeks here than in the previous 10 weeks. No one was here long, or standing close, but the in-and-out of different folks was more than I could take. SO, they have agreed to go back to isolation except for essentials (medical care; water/flooding in the Florida room) and to handle those essentials more carefully. Sis 2's surgery has really created difficulties b/c she wants to coordinate things, but she cannot actually meet the contractor outside to discuss the porch, etc. Anyway, it's complicated and mom is so depressed b/c of my dad's death, and I will just stay longer and do what I can.

I have no idea what I weigh right now but feel comfortable in my clothes, so I'm good with whatever the number might be for now. I will lose again when I'm back home and more settled into a routine again. I did get out to walk a bit this morning with a neighbor (social distancing), so I won't have to push myself so hard in the evening. Getting out 2 times a day really suits me better in the summer when I have the time.

Hoping you are all finding ways to stay happily healthy.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Miss Lana thank you for the condolence card. The quiet is the hardest. But loud music can help with that >:)

• Tilliesmommy1
    well poo I cant tag onto my last post. Lana we need to zoom sometime soon.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Wheee!! TGIF

Good morning,

Boy did I want to stay in bed and sleep.

Doing better sleep wise which is the best medicine against Mrs Monster and her phantom production quotas. She has been quiet the last 2 days which is unusual. I set up an after work "date" with 2 of my coworkers next month so we can support each other over iced tea/snacks and dessert at a nearby eatery. Something to look forward to.

I am putting out the word slowly to people who I can trust to know to find me a safe place to live. If they know of half a duplex or a mother in law house as my lease comes due this Fall and I am considering it will be my last here.

But one last party dance before we start the day - yippee go rock your Friday.

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    well poo I cant tag onto my last post. Lana we need to zoom sometime soon.

Sara - Zooming sounds like a good idea! Do you know how to do it? I do not.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Sara and Lana - do you have facebook and are you two friends on facebook? If you use messenger - you can do a messenger video chat. My family does that, then no one has to worry about starting a meeting, etc.
    Sara - glad sleep is coming easier. I do not know your age Sara, but can you get on a list for any senior housing that is based on income?
    Lana - good morning! Is the sun out by you now?
    Have a great Friday. My scale made it a chubby Friday! I will leave it at that! :smile:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lynn I think I might be but the wait is like 2 years - but always good to get things started.

I will have to figure out Zoom or messenger on FB. Nice to have options.

My scale groaned - should listen chose not to.

Back to work, my lunch is like nano seconds long.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    **** SATURDAY June 20 ****

Good morning All~~

Happy Summer Solstice ☀️

2ygxv1uopun2.jpg

*waving to Antoine for more coffee*

Lana

255.8 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning!

Thank you Lana for getting us started. Are we still in June???

Slept in and groggy. Neighbors came home drunk and woke me at about my normal time....thanks!

Will eat then go to Wmart and get my steps in. 100 ish today so inside and watch movies.

Salt salt salt and yes scale is telling me. Not sure it was worth it.

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Have to get my rear in gear and lose some weight. Booked my flight to AZ and will have to have a seatbelt extender! I finally got on the scale since covid19 quarantine. I gained 5 lbs. I actually thought it was more. Had one day of being under my calorie amount. Have a good weekend!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Good morning All~~

Dawn - Hearts are so complicated! Yes, here's hoping that DH makes his appointment.
    Has he ever been given a Holter Monitor for 24 or 48 hours?
    Keep us posted please.

Tracy - OMG a possum in the house? Yikes! Your cats are funny 😁
    I hope that you manage to get it out of the house soon!

Sara - Most people I see shopping or working in the stores are wearing masks, but wow when I drive through downtown, I have seen many, many groups of young people all without masks and sitting at sidewalk restaurant tables with zero feet of social distance. They must be so unaware - if you don't use your smartphone to get the news, you don't get the news, you know what I mean? 🤦🏼‍♀️ Or they think that they are invincible?
    Then there's those people who have the mask, but are not wearing it properly. What the heck?

Maureen - I hope that your Florida/family trip is going well.

Waving to Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

256. 8 today
    258. 8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal

Lana- he has an appointment this Monday at 1:00. He says, it has subsided quite a bit... but, is keeping appt... thank goodness... he wore halter monitor twice. But, he took it off after less than a day, both times. Nothing was ever seen on their end, even during the hours he did wear it. He's thinking, it's anxiety or at least, nothing major. I said, it's better to go and find out it isn't major, than not go and find out later how bad it really is... will keep you posted...