Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member

Hello Holly~~
    When do you fly to AZ?
    Congratulations - seriously - on gaining only 5 pounds during this stressful, awful time.

Sara - Wow 100 degrees!? Stay as cool as you can. Good idea about chilling with some movies.

We just had a dark and noisy thunderstorm~~ They make me nervous.
    I'm glad that I got in my pool exercise earlier.

Junk food for dinner, but no alcohol, so that's good. About twice a year, I have an odd craving for baloney sandwiches......

Hey Dawn - How is DH doing? I hope that you can stop by this weekend.

Waves to Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Runa and all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    ***SUNDAY June 21***
    9grehocnhimv.jpeg

Good morning everyone~~

Thank goodness that the sun is out for me this morning; I am very grateful.

How are you all doing?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good morning,

Slept in- stayed up too late so at least I could.

Off to do 2nd store shopping and then home as another hot one here.

Scale is kinder today so I am hoping for a downward trend.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    new car wash near 2nd shopping place and used last car wash on the card I had. Well, needed.

Not sure what I will do and nothing is sounding so good right now.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Sara~~

I'm fairly bored here....none of my array of activities are appealing, and there's nobody to play with.

*pouting*

I guess I will be watching more TV.....

Tomorrow I will be digging into the swimming pool filter in the morning. I've never done that before (DH used to do it), but at least I have the brains to put it off until a business day.
    If I get into trouble, I can call for professional help. 😜

I know for certain that our Cabana Boys turn their fine noses up at that sort of thing....

Sleep well my dear~~

Lana

• Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    This thread is me in a nutshell! I do plan on making this my last rodeo, started well with 12lbs first week loss, my plan is over a year and to eventually drop to 1-2lbs a week until I reach my goal so in future it is more sustainable and I won't put it all back on again. Let's get it everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Late this morning, aarrgghh.

That is what I get for trying to get more sleep.

• LanaCabana537

Hello Sara -

Thank you for starting us up - I was just about to do the same. 🙏🏻😁

Welcome to Sawjer!

I must hit and run. BBL

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Welcome Sawyer!
    Had a good weekend. Ate and drank too much unfortunately. Back at it today I guess :wink:
    Waves to all!
    Trying to get some motivation on here!
    lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, all,

Had to go get blood work for prescription renewals. Blood pressure was high because my arms are fat again. I've been doing better with only small cheats. Today is a new day.

Meal prep tonight. Taco pie for the rest of the week.

Welcome, Sawjer. Let us know if you need any tips or tricks. We have a wide variety of programs represented here.

Let's do this.

Tracy
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Everyone! I am a serial serial starter. I re-start over and over. I'm dizzy :s Currently I have 40Lbs to get rid of. I lost them before but then found them again. I need a kick in the a. Hoping to ease in with some gentle runs and logging. Add me!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    Welcome to Goalpeace! This is just a simple thread that we all visit every day. No "adding" exists here: Please stop by often~~
    - - - - -

OK you all, I was looking forward to watching HBO's new series Perry Mason because I am of that old age that I watched the classic Raymond Burr TV show about the sharp and accomplished lawyer.
    I did know that this go-around was to be about Perry Mason in the early years. I was not expecting a too-realistic portrayal of the poverty-level existence of the main character, (and here's my point) underscored heavily by showing two emaciated cows as being his property and rather the focus of a couple of scenes. OMG!

This means that right now in 2020, maybe 2019, the production company must have found two emaciated cows, bought them and filmed them in the story.......
    Well at least I HOPE that they FOUND them that way, and did not CAUSE THEM to be that way.....
    I searched around about this, but I myself was unsuccessful in finding more about this. *kitten* In my opinion, this was documentary-level awful. 😩

I will admit that I did not make it to the credits to look for the usual, but rubber-stamped, statement, that a lot of films have, about not having harmed any animals in the filming of....blah, blah, blah....

I cringed when I saw these cows. *kitten*

Perhaps obviously, this has made me very upset.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Note to All Cabana Club Members.....

A lot of us are going through some very difficult times.

Please DO post how you are doing. I am concerned especially about Dawn. We have not heard from you in what feels like too long. How are you doing? What is new with DH/heart/etc?

Maureen, please take good care of yourself while you are on the family trip to Florida. We would like to hear about how all of you are doing.

Kathryn - when was the last time you were able to post? I have no good memory of when you last checked in with us. We are thinking of you.

Sara - How did your Monday go? I hope that you were left in peace to just do your work and be good at your job!!!

Holly and Tracy and Lynn and Runa and Sawjer and Goalpeace.......hold the Fort!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana this is the most you have posted in a long time.

Hollywood cannot come up with anything new or interesting hence my watching British TV - they are willing to do interesting documentaries and do quality TV (for the most part).

100 outside today people are hiding - not necessarily a bad thing. Got a free It's It where I live - I was tempted to buy them at the store - 1 I can handle a box of 3 in the house??? Not good. Hard to get steps in when it gets this hot.

If you have not posted for awhile and are afraid you will have to sit here and write an essay to keep us up to date - I extend the option I gave Lana while she was having serious medical issues - use the word "PEEP" and hit enter (I typed POOP by mistake - hey at this point either works!!).

My mental stability has been iffy so far in 2020 I dont talk about it much- except the powers that be at work (insert any kitten word or string of words that make you laugh) have mandated we have to give ourselves a self eval of our work this year. I have never liked this process and I intend in any open space to let it be known that I am proud of the fact that I am still alive and coming to work everyday. I would love to say they can stick it, but then how do I get a cost of living increase when I "flip them off" in writing. Rolling my eyes and shaking my head. How dumb can things get??

Okay this was not supposed to be this long. The couch in the corner is available as always. Just let Lana and I know you are okay. You are all in our thoughts.

Have a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I'm here! I've honestly been fighting with MFP...GRRRR...

DH went to cardiologist, today. I'm not sure how I feel about Dr. But, DH was very impressed. So, as long as he's happy. They put a monitor on him for a week. Thankfully, it's not the halter monitor with all the wires and belt... it's just stuck to his chest and he pushes button, if anything strange happens. He has pushed it several times... from the time we left office till about 5:30, when he fell asleep.. he thinks that should be enough and wants to take it off...I don't think it'll last a whole week... they are going to do a stress test July 1st and re check July 6th... I'm hoping they are able to find something, even if he takes monitor off...

I will catch up with everyone, soon... sorry, its getting late and I struggled too long with MFP..

Hugs Lana.

Waves to all .. hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - sent email - check junk email ........
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Sara, what a nice tribute to Miss T. Lana, I go to AZ the end of July. A little apprehensive. Finally got to go to the Y to swim.. Protocols to adhere to but loved it. Only swam 1200 yds. My arms kept saying " are you kidding me? " . The lungs were fine. Have a good day all.
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Good morning all :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Nanoseconds until I have to clock in for work.

Had a dream I was lost in a Mega Shopping Mall at Christmas. Absolutely disgusting - too many people and really ugly stuff.

Food choices are debatable but heat being what it is my attitude is not helping.

Pool_Boy welcome!! We have Cabana Boy virtual parties so you are not alone.