Serial Starters

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 599 Member
    @heatherrorie Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm having a hard time committing to a final decision about what to do, but a few phone calls tomorrow should help me figure it out. One way or another, the work needs to be done.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2020
    Serious motivation required. Years ago I absolutely nailed it was in the zone, maintained for a few years and then life and health got in the way and here I am again trying to start yet again but knowing I'm older, heavier and grumpier than before so why bother lol. Just need to get my head in it but it aint easier as we'd all admit.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    pnn478dzq4uj.jpeg
    *** MONDAY July 27th ***

Good morning all~~

BBL after I am alert, if that's possible.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,

Scale is way up - sugar and processed foods will do it! Did very little yesterday walk wise. So todays to do list is already made......

Monday with a capital M here.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Sara, you know the scale will go back down. The walking helps process things faster, I swear. So keep up the good work and you will be find.

I pulled the plug (for now) on my dream plan. Too many unanswered questions to make it happen now. Nobody's fault but my own. I'm disappointed and dreading another winter but it is what it is. Time to make other things happen. Getting my house ready to sell is priority #1.

Not eating enough good food lately, either. Getting most of my cals in and even slightly over occasionally, but "snacks" is the single biggest portion of my daily log. That's not great :) I'm pretty good about getting high protein though to counteract any loss of lean muscle.

I'm too bummed for the Cabana boys today--but don't worry, I'll bounce back.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Today I am more or less getting back on track....... had a pizza but it was a vegan one made from broccoli as the base so far less calories, and was really nice. I did my food shopping today and tried very hard not to buy things I like to eat at 'down' times like chocolate and cake.

Every day a new day..........

Trying to pick up my mood and drop my anxiety.
  • LanaCabana537

*popping head up from reading bodice ripper on the beach*

Tracy - I am glad to hear that your benefit went well, and I hope that you are feeling better today. 💗

Sara - I hope that some nice people move in to replace the folks that are heading out. Wishing you well for Monday work hurdles.

Ed - a few of us are now older, heavier, and grumpier 🤨 Please stop by often!

Maureen - what is it about the house that you mention going through another winter? Sorry if you've said already; you know things fly over my head.

Sara6 - Good for you for doing honorable grocery shopping. The broccoli pizza sounds good. Did you do this at home, or order out? Sending you good vibes to pick up your mood and drop the anxiety.

Dawn - we are thinking of you. 💝

Waving to Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and everyone else who pops by.....
    - - - - -
    My stress and anxiety has run away with me. Between having that poor dog Ru with me--I was absorbing all of his distress vibes--and having a couple other not-good things occur, I'm enough of a mess that a very painful cold sore has decided to come and torture me on my lower lip. I have not had one of these in years - possibly pre-cancer. What is up with that? Ugh. I used to get them whenever we were mounting a very difficult new show. No, I don't have any anti-viral meds in the house. DH took those with him.....
    - - - -
    I learned something when the kind young lady O.R. nurse mistress of Ru came to pick him up:
    Since Covid, it has been impossible for her, she says, to easily get hospice for him (anxiety meds and pain meds) and to get euthanasia for him. I didn't want to grill her as she was picking him up at 8:30 in the evening, but it seems it has a lot to do with not being able to go in with your pet. Also there was something funky about the mobile vets and their availability to do this service. So she is really aware of what she needs to do for him.
    I felt I wanted to pass that along--that she is on the ball.

Lana
  • Sara628588

Sara6 - Good for you for doing honorable grocery shopping. The broccoli pizza sounds good. Did you do this at home, or order out? Sending you good vibes to pick up your mood and drop the anxiety.

Lana

I did it at home, cooking soothes me. I feel a lot better this evening. We had a busy evening at work and so I had a lot of active hours.

I am going to be pet sitting tomorrow....... so happy about that :) Get to cuddle a beautiful pooch.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member

Tracy - I am glad to hear that your benefit went well, and I hope that you are feeling better today. 💗

Sara - I hope that some nice people move in to replace the folks that are heading out. Wishing you well for Monday work hurdles.

Ed - a few of us are now older, heavier, and grumpier 🤨 Please stop by often!

Maureen - what is it about the house that you mention going through another winter? Sorry if you've said already; you know things fly over my head.

Dawn - we are thinking of you. 💝

Waving to Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and everyone else who pops by.....
    - - - - -
    My stress and anxiety has run away with me. Between having that poor dog Ru with me--I was absorbing all of his distress vibes--and having a couple other not-good things occur, I'm enough of a mess that a very painful cold sore has decided to come and torture me on my lower lip. I have not had one of these in years - possibly pre-cancer. What is up with that? Ugh. I used to get them whenever we were mounting a very difficult new show. No, I don't have any anti-viral meds in the house. DH took those with him.....
    - - - -
    I learned something when the kind young lady O.R. nurse mistress of Ru came to pick him up:
    Since Covid, it has been impossible for her, she says, to easily get hospice for him (anxiety meds and pain meds) and to get euthanasia for him. I didn't want to grill her as she was picking him up at 8:30 in the evening, but it seems it has a lot to do with not being able to go in with your pet. Also there was something funky about the mobile vets and their availability to do this service. So she is really aware of what she needs to do for him.
    I felt I wanted to pass that along--that she is on the ball.

Lana

Sorry for all the stress and anxiety. I know how difficult it can be, when a pet is miserable. That is terrible, if people are not allowed to be with their pet when they have to say goodbye. We have always allowed people in for euth. Even when we were on total shut down...it was all up to the owne, if they wanted to come in or not. The appointments here are unbelievable. We are 3 weeks out. Soma places are as far as 6 weeks out. A lot of people are ordering meds online. CHEWY, 1 800 PET MEDS...our clinic actually has its own pharmacy site for our clients to order, so they don’t have to come in often. Glad she’s aware of his condition. So many people are blind or in denial. Hope she can find peace for Ru, soon...
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Lana - sorry about the stress. Seems to be hitting this group hard.
    Lana and Dawn - What makes me wonder sometimes is why we cannot just order a euthanizing med for at home. I had a cat who was so old- could not eat or drink, had throat cancer. Now why...did I have to haul him to the vet to get a shot. I so wanted just to give him something wrapped in fish and let him sleep and die. Isn't that really more humane? Not sure why vets have to be the one to do it. - Anyway, my soap box.
    Sara - I also wish for you great neighbors. That certainly makes life easier.
    Maureen - I had many years of living in a house that had so many issues. My hubby is a carpenter, but honestly one does not want to do that all the time. So it took a long time. I hated the look of it, I wondered what people thought about the eyesore sometimes. I put plastic on to insulate window. But slowly we got it done. and then suddenly...none of that mattered anymore - there were more important things to worry about to be honest. Think about things you are so grateful for! I hope it works out for you!
    Ed - welcome
    Sara6 - enjoy your pet sitting!
    Holly, Kathryn, and others - hello!
    Have a great day!
  • Sara628588

Happiness is.............

y936w1kd23xy.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept in as it is the one day I can this week. Dr apt at 230 and errands to run this morning.

Ave 5k a day is still going which is wonderful for sleep.

Need to eat and get moving, will fly by later.
  • LanaCabana537

Hello All~~

I forgot to check in this morning. I am all off today.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara in England~~

Love the photo! Good for you! 🌟

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    HOT day today - will go out walking a little later.

Always love a weigh in at a new high at a medical appointment - dont you?

Made an agreement with my psychiatrist to ease up on the constant munching.

Couch in the corner is always available to come by and have a group pit party, will be by after walking.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    3ic9a0rfq85r.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY July 29 ***

Good morning everybody~~

Sara - dang, I missed the pity party on the couch in the corner.....was already in bed! 😄
    I can't look at the scale at the doctor's office. It is never a number I want to see. Bleh....

I need to get away from computer to get out walking while temps are lower.

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

260.2 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Boss day today, tomorrow off as well. Dr apt and I will call today to see what it takes to get oil changed for car between my two apts so I can at least get another thing crossed off my list.

Still doing at least 5k average.

Drat the egg timer went off. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    I don't know what I said before, haha. I'm dreading winter *and* having this house be such a wreck alllll the time. There isn't any correlation between the two, except moving South would fix both. I was exploring that possibility and decided it was just going to have to wait until next spring. I had a job offer in hand and had to say no. :( I'm being dramatic; I'm fine with the decision and the feeling of disappointment lasted one day. I'm sure I'll relive that feeling sometime between Dec. and April, though :)

My butt hurts--it's my piriformis or a hamstring tendon, not sure which. It hurts most when I wake up b/c clearly I'm sleeping on it. And I was doing well take Ibuprofen for two days, then forgot to reset alarms, so I'm starting my week of self-treatment over again.

I got a plumber in and some work has been done, and I need 2 new toilets, I guess (I have 3). I've made a list of stuff that needs tending and will work through it as time and $ allow. The "good" of going back to school online is that I will be here in every 2-hour window I'm given by a worker. My eldest will be working from Home until at least January. A lot can get done between now and then.

I haven't been keeping up here like I should and will try to stay abreast of current postings. I love this thread and all of you who post regularly make it so worth the time. And it is SO much better than FB.

Hugs all around and see you later.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Sara628588 wrote: »
    Happiness is.............

y936w1kd23xy.jpg

<3 yes that is pure happiness
  • ksteu90
    ksteu90 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello! I’m the queen of restarting and I’m really sick of it! :p I would love to have help staying accountable, I’m starting this week (mid week) to at least track what i eat. I’m the worst at that because it’s so tedious but i know it will show me where and why i can’t lose weight.

During quarantine (the past month of it or so anyway) I’ve been pretty okay at getting some type of workout in at least three days a week. It has helped me mentally and i like the way i feel afterwards. But when i have an off day it turns into an off week. I need to learn how to shake it off and just treat every day as new and treat myself kindly.

Much love,
    Katie