Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning.
    Lana - one eye open - LOL. I saw your comment on jigsaw puzzles. Maybe we discussed this before, but I love them! Do you have a favorite brand or kind? I like colorful, more difficult ones. Typically take time in the winter to do them here :smile:
    Kathryn - enjoy your swap meet - as long as it is fun, that is time to yourself too :wink:
    Sara, Runa, Maureen, Dawn, Missy - waves and have a great weekend!
    Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Saturday, October 10
    Eating right is out the window today. Oktoberfest at the Lodge tonight. Headed to take a shower, then cook.I

My contribution will be a German Goulash and a Fruit and Nut Stollen.

Everyone have a lovely weekend and make the best choices you can.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Happy Saturday!!

Just popping in quick. I am going to test out my knee with some dancing program exercise this afternoon - at least, that is the plan 😊 Hopefully, it will go well and give me a boost considering my housing situation looks particularly bleak. Yesterday (and Thursday, to be honest) was very hard emotionally and I am so glad it is a new day.

Have a great weekend!!

Runa

CW: 301 lbs.
    HW: 359.7 lbs.
    Current GW: 295 lbs.
    Ultimate GW: 150 lbs.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Good morning,

Errands done, no hot water for shower and I made do like when we go camping. Pilot light got restarted and so I can have a real shower today.

Many foods to eat, need to empty fridge/freezer as it is ugly.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Hello Ladies 👋🏻

Lynn - I think my favorite puzzle brand might be Ravensburger because they come in a large, flat box. That means the photo of the puzzle is big. But then there are other brands, Hallmark included, that give you a larger, folded piece of paper with the puzzle photo on it--that's nice.
    I do love brightly-colored puzzles. I do not enjoy the puzzles that have lots of one color that drive you crazy. I'm too old and tired for that. 😁

Tracy - just the thought of that German festival food makes my mouth water. I have not had any of that in a long, long time. I hope the day is a success at the Lodge.

Runa - You worry me with the mention of dancing with your knee. Easy does it! Knees are so complicated and delicate, really. Big hugs though on your attitude to get moving. Sorry that the housing woes loom.... Dang.

Sara - Glad to hear that your shower situation is fixed. No hot water is a pain in the *kitten*. I hope that you have a nice and relaxing day for yourself. 😘

Waving to Dawn - where in the world are you Dawn? Please come and post. We don't expect you to have to read back on everything or tell us too much about how you are...... I hope that you are OK.

Waving to Kathryn and Maureen and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Thank you Lana, I meant to mention Dawn this morning and spaced. You have been such a consistent poster that I think you may be reading but afraid to post because it has been awhile. I for one dont care and would rather know that you are okay. Lana and I have a 'peep' message set up when she went through her cancer treatments. So all you have to do it type "peep".
  • LanaCabana537
    016w2xg1ixdy.jpeg
    *** October 11th ***

Good morning all~~

Rainy and dreary here in NC. Tracy is probably having the same weather - all that rain that is part of the former hurricane.

I have a zoom coffee klatch with friends this morning, so I'd better get into the shower and wake myself up a bit!

*tossing beach bag and crossword puzzle onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

260.8 gee, I should go on a diet!
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Woke up too warm, woke up too early, woke up headache. So finally awake - in the throws of a sinus infection which I have not had for a long time. Air pressure change also doesnt help.

Rain has almost become a four letter word - will be glad to see it when it happens.

Clean out fridge and freezer is task of day before I even consider any cooking.

• Twiley510
    Monday, Monday. da Da da da da da.

Those of a certain age will have sung this in their heads.

The Oktoberfest was less successful than we had hoped. Food was fabulous, attendance less so. Due to the rains Lana mentioned, we had postponed our *kitten* tournament that had been scheduled for that day. We ended up serving only 16 people. Most of those also provided the food. That's how it works in the Moose--buy the ingredients, cook the food, bring the food, pay to eat the food. It's for a good cause. Sometimes the result does not match the effort though. Doubt if we try another Oktoberfest. Most of the regulars who didn't come said they wouldn't eat that kind of food. Over a month ago, we asked if anyone had misgivings about holding an Oktoberfest with "authentic" German food and no one said anything about not wanting it then. Oh, well, live and learn.

We did not have much rain here yesterday, Lana. Most of it moved out early Sunday morning. Hopefully, there won't be much this week. I'm scheduled to get a new roof put on my house. Probably not starting today, it looks like it may pour any minute now.

Tracy in Tennessee

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Running again as I had to restart computer. Just is.

Scale is being kind and I have kept up my 5k walking. I hate that timer sometimes.

• LanaCabana537

Hello All~~

Sara, I'm happy for you that you are getting in your steps and that the scale is being kind.

Tracy - so sorry to hear about that poor turnout and people not saying in advance that they do not care for that type of food. I wonder if people are staying away because of the covid? Or are they supporting other stuff, just not the Oktoberfest.
    Well, I hope that the new roof goes well. I had mine done two years ago, and so I warn you: it IS noisy. Hopefully you can run away somewhere 😉

Dreary and wet here again today, so I'm going to be lazy and not go out walking.

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Nope. No running away. Working from home for the rest of the year. My Virtual Meeting tomorrow afternoon should be loads of fun!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Speaking of rain - it is battering against my window. I would love to crawl back in bed...Alas I am at work :wink:
    Waves to all! Hoping you have a great Monday!
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ohhh, I wish we could get some of that rain!! there is a drought going on here with the last measurable rainfall was back in August! Our pond is just a mudpuddle. I have lost several of my plants to lack of water. :(
    The swap meet went sorta well. There were 27 vendors but not many people showed up to buy. Several people who did stop in said they didn't know what was going on. It was advertised in local paper, had a story on front page, everyone in club was sharing the flyer on FB, IG, and Twitter. Will need to figure out how to advertise it better.
    Only one out of the 3 food trucks scheduled showed up. One was called up by FEMA to go to LA to help with Delta. Another had mechanical issues and was stuck at a shop waiting on parts. The truck that did show served cajun food. It was good food but not everyone likes cajun. Since this was the very first swap meet we have ever done, we learned a lot. Will see what next year brings.
    I got in nearly 20k steps while working the swap meet! Needless to say, Sunday I felt super tired and had no motivation to do anything.
    Am at work today, only one of two people in the entire building. I worked today in order to take a floating holiday later. Plus its not bad being only one in building. Can get a lot more work done that way!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    send us some rain please
    people are skittish about big gatherings with covid. Can any of this be done online I know a group who did pie bidding online for Valentines Day.....
    Tracey you are one of the few people I know who can make Stollen.
    Fell on morning break and used the grass to pad my fall, no dog poo either, so must be my lucky day considering.
    Monster offered to be my trainer if I didnt like the other one - likelyhood of that ??? less than zero

• Twiley510
    @Tilliesmommy1

It was my first try at stollen or German beer goulash, but it turned out really well.

I have watched so much Great British Baking Show, that my internal voice while baking or cooking has an English or Irish accent depending on how the process is going. English--good. Irish--bad. :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

q684y3vdmpwo.png

Good morning,

I need that cup full of strong tea this morning.

Got myself up early and okay enough to work. I will have some lovely bruises.

Food choices are good until I hit the stress chocolate. But scale is staying same or inching slowly down.

• LanaCabana537

Good morning all~~

Sara - So sorry to hear about your fall. Gah! I laughed out loud about the Mrs. Monster thing. Thanks for the happy mug on the beach--love it!!!

Waving to the rest of you ladies....I must get going....

The HVAC man is coming this morning to do the fall preventative maintenance. The Cabana Boys are all huffy.

Lana

261.4 😰 (pastry)
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    1r79vtiaucub.jpeg
    *** October 14th ***

Good grief - October is flying! Almost half gone! Crazy.

Well, my exercise has been diminished because of the crunchy knee that is healing, and of course the scale is keeping track of all of my bad choices.

What a mess.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana what happened to your knee?

Cookies have been talking to me but there are no more in the house as of last night.

One more boss less day. I will enjoy as much as I can.