Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Lana- I forgot about Mario and yes that is about what I am looking at. Scuzzy guys with that seriously disgusting look on their face! Thank you for the reminder.....

Hard to get out of bed when it is so nice and warm. Temps are coming down to wear a light sweater was 90 last week.

Halloween has found my patio. Neighbor installed an inflatable witch. So this witch keeps the other one away? I can only hope.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Had a little send off for my supervisor today. Hate to see him go but with the position/pay he was offered, the decision was a no-brainer! He did say that when/if he gets in position to bring in an admin, it will be me. I am not holding my breath on that, of course.
    Missy - keeping my fingers crossed for you & the new position.
    Sara - wow. sounds like Monster is truly a monster! Hopefully someone did not swap out your chair or anything like that!
    Lana - good to know you are keeping CBs on their toes and keeping an eye out for Mario!
    Tracy - sure hope they get you spun up on what you are supposed to teach BEFORE you have to teach it! and sending healing vibes for your "innards!"
    Went out to eat last night and the scale reflected it this morning. Ate pizza for lunch today so scale will be mean to me tomorrow too.
    Tomorrow starts my work from home as I have to quarantine 5 days before the TEE and a few days after. Whee!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Enrollment for benefits at work "started" today and my trainer and I were discussing them. She needs to see a dentist and I told her that my dentist is down the street from a Sees Candy shoppe (think Fannie May Candy if you are in the Midwest) which I have often frequented before or after dental treatment.....

Witch decoration on patio is a success and there may be a Christmas competition for patio decoration.....

Hang in there drink that water and get those steps!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Hi Sara, Hi Kathryn~~

I almost forgot to get here today. I don't even remember this morning, it was so busy. Wow.

Good thing that MFP sends out those little reminders to check in.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Okay you know its bad when 2 of your coworkers give 2 week notice or resign on the same day. Mario would almost be a welcome sight at this point. We are down to 6 people when we are set up for 12 people working. Monster gets no sympathy from the peanut gallery about having to interview for 3 positions.
  • LanaCabana537
    rve5bi1nu9ep.jpeg
    *** October 23rd ***

Good morning everyone!

Sara - Do you know why the two people are leaving/have left? Are they going to other jobs outside of the company?
    Too many people across the country have no work because of the pandemic, so it surprises me to hear that your two colleagues have left voluntarily.
    Monster must be freaking out. This will splash onto you, so beware!

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

TGIF!!

Lana - I am first in line for Monster's crap. One person I know got a job in another company and the other one resigned so can possibly get another job with the company depending on why they resigned. Monster has sent us an email saying things will change for all of us. She now has to interview for 3 positions.... that is just staggering.

Today I have a short day - eye apt - first is a test. Then I go get lunch (brought a book and knitting) and then see Dr. They are concerned my cataract may have advanced too far..... Need to keep my benefits so I can do any kind of medical intervention. I am so afraid of anyone touching this eye as it is the one I live out of, but I need to be brave.

Need to buy winter pants afterwards, so shopping with any luck afterwards.

Will stop by and update. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - Monsters never really see that they are the issue. THAT is the issue. Sadly.
    Good morning Lana, Kathryn, Dawn, Missy Maureen and all others who stop by.
    Have a great Friday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Eye dr wants to keep a closer tab on my eyes and nothing is "wrong" yet so quarterly testing.

I will have to move my work computer back to work as it has been determined that I am not being trained correctly via zoom. It would be fine if training happened all day long, but it wont and boss will make jabs at me when she can so I am considering a small recording device.

Beef stroganoff for lunch with leftovers for lunch tomorrow and a mini bundt chocolate cake for dinner dessert. Also bought 3 tops and 2 pairs of pants I can wear to work.

Time to get more steps in and then snooze.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    My contact says it was my trainer who threw me under the bus to make me come back. Said my computer wasnt fast enough to do training. She is not allowed any of my chocolate, ever.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2020
    c8rnwh1c2mwr.jpg
    *** October 24th ***

Good morning All~~

Sara - Glad that you found some tops and pants for your unfortunate early return to work. Hang in there!
    The stroganoff sounds delicious. You have reminded me to make some when I get back to NC. I have my own lazy/cheap version that uses ground beef. Tastes just as good, and portions freeze very well.
    🔍 🎥 Good to know that your asset in the field let you know about who threw you in! 📡🔎

Waving to Lynn and Runa and Missy and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Saltine everyone who stops by today.
    Dawn - please stop in 😥

Lana

262.6 today
    266.5 highest, new, October
    179.0 goal
  • BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    Good Night Serial Starters ☘️🌸🌻

Trying to balance myself, seem like on a daily basis. Eating, shopping right. Making time to get that workout in without compromising on getting a good sweat 😓 going for a low pace “ just get the blood flowing one.”

This new job is more physical than I’m used to. My body is in so much pain. I know when it’s close to the end of my shift because I begin to walk like Frankenstein.

In better news, my a1c is down. Back into pre diabetic range. I’m moving in the right direction. Few lbs down. MFP sent me a celebratory mpeg or such. I have put up some new handwritten affirmations on the wall. “Discipline will get you farther than motivation. “

Serial Starters, as always thank you for sharing & responding.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Slept most of the morning anyway and then I couldnt get on the site.

BBee - some really good and inspirational news - thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work!!

Shower and then get in the "bedtime" zone. People who hang late outside are on a concert/ date (anniversary present they gave themselves this summer). So I can get a little more sleep tonight (fingers crossed).

• LanaCabana537
    v1hlasd8kskn.jpeg
    *** October 25th ***

Good morning everybody~~

October 25th! Two weeks until Xmas! Wow.

*waving to Philippe for more coffee*

Lana
  • BordeauxBee
    I will be doing most of my shopping 🛍 on cyber Monday as I’m sure most others will be doing as well.
  • LanaCabana537

Welcome to BBee!

I love your quote about discipline. That sounds like something my father would have said, if he had thought of it.

I definitely have a hard time with motivation, and I have very little discipline. However, after having read your post, there is a chance I could drum up a little more discipline. 👍🏻🙏🏻

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - What a drag about not being able to get on the site. I hope that you got a little more sleep last night.

OK, I need to get my day figured out......BBL
  • BordeauxBee
    Thank you Lana 🌻☘️🌸
    Good luck with today. Please come back to share how you add or plan to add discipline to your day.
    I tend to write things out but then procrastination gets ahold.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept in because I could hahaha.

Less things on my to do list, so maybe I will go walking. Same outfit for 3 days - dont care.

Lana - motivation start small. Does walking more help you sleep better? Do you feel less "sluggish" when you eat better? Dont use the scale so much as a motivator.

Online sermon soon. Hope everyone has a good day.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Sara - I am sending you good work vibes today...
    Lana - good mroning! I have to start figuring out my days as well - this flying by the seat of my pants is not doing well for my eating.
    Bbee- great job on the diabetic numbers - that is awesome!
    Waves to all who stop in. Have a good Monday!