Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Good morning, ITS MONDAY

Lynn wow you are posting early. Start your small habits first.

I may have to start posting later in the day as I have to start working at work starting tomorrow. My company is "flying by the seat of their pants" as well when it comes to accommodating us for for COVID. At the moment I am the only one there so not a problem but wow we have a lot of policies but not a lot of reality.

Scale is up. Late night salty snacking will do that.

I woke up middle of the night and my patio decorations were still on (one has a blower) so I fixed the timer again.

So much fun and so little time (sarcasm).

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Good morning Lynn and Sara~~

BBee, I have to tell you that one of the first things I thought of this morning was "discipline"!
    Just the thought of it has some power. 😁

Waving to everyone who stops by later on - lots to do today before the scary dental appointment at 3PM.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    got call yesterday that HPCON level raised at work. we are back to teleworking. of course, i was teleworking this week anyway because of my medical procedure. had a Covid test done yesterday and am still feeling it. i swear the guy drilled that swab into my brain. had a bit of a bloody nose and lots of stinging. my daughter said hers was nothing like that. wonder if i just got the mean/clumsy/doesn't know his own strength guy.
    i was not able to go to 2 fall parties with different Jeep clubs this weekend. i guess one went well, the other not so well. there were at least 12 families that didn't make it due to Covid &/or quarantining. there was a LOT of food for those who did make it though. there were not enough voting members there for a quorum so they scheduled a special meeting on Sunday to vote for new officers. i am still stuck as secretary until next year.
    this weekend, i have not been staying on track for eating. was way over calorie budget. and the scale has been quick to remind me too! :s
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    oh, for those that don't know, I better explain HPCON - that is a military acronym for Health Protection Conditions.
    I am used to throwing around acronyms like that and sometimes forget not everyone knows what they are. just remind me to explain if i do that again....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn you throw those acronyms around all you want - we need to learn new things. Some medical techs dont like their jobs and take it out on the patients. Sorry you got mr. cranky pants. Curl up in soft blanket or a nice robe. It has finally gotten cold enough to wear light/med jackets. Hot chocolate is also a kindness.....
  • LanaCabana537

Oy, Kathryn - Sara is right: you got mr. cranky pants!

And definitely throw around as many acronyms as you want. I like to learn new stuff 😁

Lana
  • BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    😄 thank you hipchic67, totally did not know what the acronym meant.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2020
    vty1nfxjae59.jpeg
    *** October 27 ***

Good morning All~~~

Bordeaux Bee I LOVE your new photo! So cute 💗😁

I'd better get going right away - routine cardiologist appointment this morning.

Kathryn - when is your procedure? I forgot 😢

Waving to Sara and everyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Monster spent most of her day in her cave with the door shut. I had ear phones and listened to music as much as possible. Big huge cleansing breath.......

Came home and passed out I have 6k today on my step counter. Tomorrow is half day as I have an apt early afternoon.

Also like the photo BordeauxBee.

Hope your checkup went well Lana.

Wave to all who stop by. Wishing all a great evening.

• BordeauxBee
    ☺️☺️ Thank you Lana.
    Hello Group!!🌸🌺🌻🌼
    -BordeauxBee
  • BordeauxBee
    Thank you as well Tilliesmommy1 🌺🌻
  • LanaCabana537
    4pakdc5e0rm6.jpeg
    *** October 28th ***

Good morning BordeauxBee - Thanks for getting us going today~

I got my blood test results from seeing cardiologist. The bad news is the triglycerides and A1C are up. The good news is that the two tests for liver are down significantly, now in the middle of normal. Whew.

Going forward my plan is to look at carb percentages first. Won't be as concerned about fat or number of calories to start.....

Today is travel day for me; going back down to NC this afternoon.

Waving to everyone who stops by today.

Lana
  • BordeauxBee
    Good morning Lana

Happy to hear about your progress with your a1c and triglycerides. It can all feel like such a slippery slope when trying to keep these levels within healthy measure.

Wishing you safe travels.

Enjoy your day SS’s
    ☘️🌸BordeauxBee 🌺🌻
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Lana - can I ask? Did you do anything for your liver numbers? My DH's were high 6 months ago - so they took him off of his cholesterol meds. Now they are even higher! NOT a drinker. At all. I am :wink: Doing ultrasound next week. A bit worried, but hopefully we can do something about diet to help.
    Morning Bbee!
    Morning Sara!

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • BordeauxBee
    Afternoon Brennerjlb 🌹🌻

Well wishes on your ultrasound appointment. You know we can’t forget medications can also cause fluctuation in our weight, and bloodwork. We can only do our best.

With that being said. My hormones are throwing a tantrum. I totally just binged on chips 6ozs, two of those cupcakes with the white swirl icing down the middle and a can of Pepsi. I did walk to pick up the contraband. Yup, I am hoping that counts for something 🙃🙃. Full of guilt. My cravings aren’t completely filled. So, it wasn’t worth it. Ugh...

-BordeauxBee
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Bbee- darn hormones! Wipe away the guilt - learn from the "mistake" own it and move on. One day at at time! You got this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon, Just.

Have an apt this afternoon, so phooey on Monster I took after lunch off for the rest of the day.

Debating about a nap before or after apt.

Found a mobile home listed at $14.500 and will see about getting an apt to look at it. We shall see what we shall see.

Hang in there and dont be hard on yourself. This weight thing is a process.... sadly.

Lana did your dr give you any kind of dietary info on your test result #s??

BBL.

• BordeauxBee
    Good night all

Tilliesmommy1, 🍀good luck on the home. 🤞🏽

So, I have all this reflux going on right now from the binge.

One day at a time.... thank you brennerjib

BordeauxBee 🌸🌻🍀🌼
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY almost Friday,

BordeauxBee - hope your system finds a better middle.

Construction going on outside and boy howdy are they dumb. Not one eye candy for me. Figures. No call back on home yet.

Glad tomorrow is Friday - Miss Lana check in when you can.

Sara
  • LanaCabana537

Peep!