Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Sunday!!! Hope everyone is doing well! Just stopping in real quick to say Hi. My friend and I are going to be starting lifting weights together via Zoom. We usually attend Zumba classes via Zoom and she just came up with the idea that we can lift weights through it. It’s going to be a busy week ahead. Trying to fit 5 days worth of work into 3 and to top that off they tripled the amount of work so it’ll be busy. Thankful that I have a job and it’s not slowing down anytime soon. And I actually get 2 days off! Thanksgiving and the day after. Will be a nice little break. I’ll get my tree that I tagged and start decorating. It’s my favorite time of the year and with this year being the way it is I want to DECORATE lol.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

CW 220
    HW 223
    GW 110
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good morning,

Cookies were good I ate too many, 2 bags on to neighbor and one in the freezer.

Lana - many people are gluten or wheat intolerant and there are now many alternatives at stores.

Missy!! I used to work retail and/or was the "fill in person" for holidays. I am working Friday just so a) we can catch up, b) boss will not be there (although I will get a to do list....) c) I dont have to use time off so I have enough for Christmas/New Years and d) there is a holiday "addition" to may pay. Whew that was long. I have 2 pre made trees I just bought from a church craft sale and they are about 1.5 feet tall and can go many places - lights on patio and christmas music will be coming out (my cd's we already have a radio station playing carols....I wait until AFTER Thanksgiving thank you.....). Zoom is being a great life line for people and if it helps with your exercise have a great time!

Church sermon online, trip to pick up meds and then to do list is done except a pair of pants I need to hem. Wish me luck worst thing I could do is make them too short - oh well!!!!!

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    cimxszy01a1s.jpeg
    *** November 23rd ***

Go get 'em tigers~~

BBL

Lana

265.2 today
    266.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good Monday morning!
    Nice to catch and and read so many posts!
    Just popping in to catch up - will post more later
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Waving to Missy - that is a lot--cramming 5 days of work into 3. I hope that that means you're working longer hours. Otherwise, if you can increase productivity, it'll be expected all of the time. Go wild decorating. Post some photos, please.

Sara - do you have holiday decorations? Photos please. Sara - Not this year, but some past years, I would get out the holiday music very early in the season. It sort of depended on whether it had snowed and or whether I had started my shopping early because I have to have that music on when I wrap gifts!

Lynn - do you have snow on the ground yet up north where you are?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Almost done with the 3rd scarf to go into the 3 bags I picked up to be passed out for homeless people -someone made hats so they are in the bags as well. I will just keep knitting as gee I have enough yarn......

Cookie recipe works well and I know people who are better off without chocolate and I wanted to know how the oatmeal/peanut butter combo worked anyways....so maybe tomorrow night make the dough?

Pictures? No, but I can see about figuring out my phone.....

Work is dumb and getting dumber- it was already a Reality TV show but wowie.... truth is always stranger than fiction.

Got my 5k today and will make that necessary for the week to deal with stress.

Young lady at work gave me a pen that writes in like 8 colors for the loan of my suitcase, so I can have fun and take better notes and keep track of things better.

• LanaCabana537
    wyipajwjs0id.jpeg
    *** November 24th ***

Good morning ~~

Sara - that is kind of you to be involved with the bags for the homeless folks. And 8 colors in one pen sounds like a lot of fun--and helpful, as you said 👍🏻

*waving at Antoine for more half caf*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good almost evening,

Work is going along fine but I am tired and have make myself eat so a grilled cheese with chicken sandwich is what is waiting.

I know I will work Friday, but I know Thursday I will be sleeping as much as possible. Good coffee sounds wonderful right now.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    o207faed5rxp.jpeg
    *** November 25th ***

Good morning ☀️

This morning is walking with the ladies on the Bolin Creek path. It will be the same three ladies as last Wednesday, so I know better now. We will meet up of course, but I will tell them to not wait for me--I will not try to keep up with them. That way, I will be able to walk farther than I did last week. I must look out for my old self 😁. Also, if I walk by myself, I don't have to talk while I'm panting.

I had a phone meeting with one of my lawyers yesterday (divorce), and holy cow do I have the longest do list ever of information to gather. Ugh.

On a positive note, the suns seems to be coming out. Yay!

Lana

• gemwolf110
    @tilliesmommy1 Zoom has been a lifesaver for my social life. So I kinda started listening to Christmas music today it keeps me relaxed. Somehow managed to get most of the work in. Anything that didn’t can wait until Monday. So happy to have 2 days off!!! Good luck with your Friday shift and scarf making I think scarf making is so cool. And my main job would also make a great reality show. The Office in real life lol at least it makes for an interesting day.

@LanaCabana537 there will be photos plenty of them! Last year and the year before I didn’t do much wasn’t in the spirit of it. Good luck with everything with your divorce. My friend is going through a tough one too.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Wishing my American friends a beautiful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

I am currently baking an apple pie and I am hoping that will take it one moment at a time. I am grateful that I have loved ones that are safe and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to have goals like getting healthier.

Much positivity,
    Melissa in NYC 😎
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Sorry to be so late. What was supposed to be an easy dinner became pizza and cookie making- if you have a hot oven use it as much as you can. Pizza was chicken with bbq/smashed bean sauce - not bad and helps clean out my fridge.

Melissa your positivity is refreshing and thank you. Apple pie - wow it has been ages since I had a home made apple pie - good for you for making one. I hope you get to spend time with your friends/family.

Lana - I have never met your DH (duckhead) but I never liked him. Short term loss long term gain. Keep walking and thinking good thoughts.

Peanut butter oatmeal cookies for someone who cant eat chocolate. So I will make another batch with choc chips but more oatmeal this weekend as well.

Cranking up the headphones on Friday and work in peace. What a deal.

Wishing all a good night. Early Happy Thanksgiving just in case. Stay safe and take care of yourself.
  • LanaCabana537
    n6u09iplyxsm.png
    *** November 26th ***

Hello everybody ~~

I hope that you have an awesome day today ☀️

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning just,

Thank you Lana for getting us started.

I had a total of 12 hours of sleep this morning. Tells you how tired I am and my coworkers as well. I dont have anywhere to go so I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep many times.

Breakfast for lunch, dinner is still a mystery but it could be pizza, grilled cheese or shepherd's pie depends on how lazy I am.

I will get dressed and take a nice long walk.

Wave to all who follow - stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Happy thanksgiving 🦃🍁🍽
  • LanaCabana537
    641gi58cg3jk.jpeg
    *** November 27th ***

Hello everybody 👋🏻

Just getting us going. Sara - have a good day at work 🤗
    I need to scoot to get ready for walking with the ladies on the Pumpkin Loop trail. Only 2 other ladies signed up, so hopefully we can take it slow.

Lana

265.8 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Work was dull as usual and so quiet it was wonderful. I get holiday pay despite what my boss said (she is just such a negative thing).

Car sat under a tree and got lots of bird droppings so off to the car wash tomorrow it is near where I shop for groceries.

Started a little decorating at work. Anything to get that place looking less like a dungeon.

It is FRIDAY!! Party time at the Cboys pad. Be ready to dance.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    pw2si0m0o0zz.jpeg
    *** November 28th ***

Good morning Sara!

I was so whooped from the walking yesterday that I completely slept through the happy hour festivities at the Cabana Club. Sheesh! Thankfully, the music covers my snoring.

*waving at Philippe for a coffee refill*

BBL

Lana

265.6 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Groceries and car wash this morning. Got under covers and slept off/on until lunch. Called my father, picked up the mail 3350 steps so far and here I am. Wonderful sunny day not warming up my apartment but it is nice to be out in it. There may be another walk...

Will make another batch of cookies to freeze. I need 4 dozen and I will make one this weekend at least so I dont have to have an all nighter marathon cookie making night. I would probably hurt myself.

Lana missed you last night, the attendance was poor - cboys were insulted but they figured everyone was at their families..... I was amused throwing things on the floor to watch them pick it up. Times like this I miss my dog - she just loved all the men cooing over her.

Trick now is to not get suckered into buying anything else for presents. We shall see.

Phillipe hopefully brought you good coffee, bad coffee is not work drinking.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    223 today
    Highest 245
    Goal 145
    So crazy I’m up in pounds this week but I think it’s water and constipation. Cause I was pretty good at staying in with my calories goals per day. I came to a weird place today. A realization. I have to kick my own *kitten* because there’s no one else around anymore to do it for me or irritate me enough to motivate me lol. Ugh I miss my mom a lot sometimes. I don’t know if it’s like releasing fat releases emotion bc I’m so emotional here lately and feeling feelings I don’t ordinarily feel. I had to change my shift at work bc of virtual school but it’s leaving me feeling pretty isolated and not part of the team, and I just realized I’m not going forward in my job per suit of a higher role. Battlefield of jealousy and loneliness and anger hit me hard at work today and I was glad when that wave passed as I felt I was gonna cry half the day and then it was like it never happened. So weird but made me see I am unhappy in many areas. I was kinda self medicating with some green stuff for relaxation but I realize it became hindering in my weight loss efforts and I’d do so well when not using it! Maybe I can try some herbal tea instead? I don’t know but not dealing with all the problems leads you to a bad place you know? I may seek some counseling I’m getting a little concerned bc I just have a lot on my plate right now and no one to talk to about it. Thanks for being here!