Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    4sp42wnrg0ne.jpeg
    *** December 7th ***

Good morning ☀️

I ate way too much yesterday, too often. I've been feeling needy. Lunch visit with friend Mary was badly needed and heart-warming. We are two single old ladies who don't get out much.

The kicker was I had planned for our usual French restaurant (tidbits of seafood); she forgot to make a reservation, so we couldn't get in. We went next door to its sister restaurant - an Italian restaurant, and I ended up with a wonderful pasta dish that was mostly meat and veggies and not so much pasta.

Things went south once back at home though because then I felt the loneliness hit me again. I don't like living alone.

OK, thanks for letting me write a ton.

Sara - you have a good day, OK? I'll check in later on~~

Waving to all who stop by today 👋🏻

Lana

265.4 today
    268.8 highest
    179.0 goal

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good afternoon,

Easier to fall asleep with colder weather after work. Bundle up and start snoring....

Lana - if you get a dog - who takes care of dog when you are in NYC or does dog come with?? Dog is a wonderful balm for living alone.

Your meal with your friend sounds like it was worth whatever calories you ate and it still didnt sound like you ate that badly. You have been good walking. Give yourself credit.

I have made 4 batches of cookies and they need to leave soon as I am sneaking cookies from the freezer. I need to make one more batch because of it.

I put up a couple strands of lights on my patio and I asked neighbor to come check if my extension cord was safe it wasnt my oldest but I wanted to be safe. He then saw I had 3 more strings of lights and redid my patio, being short it limits what I can/cant do.

I am not sure what my Christmas will be, but I dont think hibernating is a good thing (unless the weather stinks) so I need to make plans to get out.

Hang in there Lana there are a lot of us out here that understand. Where is your flat Christmas tree?

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2020
    j2b66wg7cxrr.jpeg
    *** December 8th ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - that is so nice of your neighbor to get all of your lights up! I'm glad that you have them.
    The Christmas Tree that you made me hangs year-round over my dresser with all my treasures here in the NYC apartment. I love it. I debated whether or not to take it back south with me. I think I will leave it here for another little bit at least.🎄

Last night's annual meeting and board meeting went well technically, with no explosions, but the outcome of the election was horrid.. I am now stuck on the board for a year; and in the chess game of life, my serving on the board failed to block Ogre Man from getting a seat on the board also. *kitten*

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Long day and two long phone calls and here I am.

Lana what Board are you now on? Ogre Man hmmmm.... locked room with Mrs Monster?? Put Mario in for good measure. Sounds like a plan.

Glad you have your flat tree. Still looking for my Christmas cd's but I am watching dvd's that are British Christmas episode. Much better than what I can get on TV.

Getting my steps in - would be better if I didnt indulge in potato chips, but it is just a phase.

• LanaCabana537
    su3rxt74jgnu.jpeg
    *** December 9th ***

Sara - sorry I didn't say: I'm now on the board of directors of my NYC co-op. It's a small building with 20 units.

Yes, I would love to see Ogre Man locked forever in a room with Mrs. Monster.

I will have to say though that as the years go by, and my vision fades, Mario doesn't look as awful as he once did. 😉

Today is a travel day; I'm looking forward to being in NC.

Lana

264.2 today
    268.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana hope you got home safely.

Mrs M comes back to work tomorrow. Neighbor gave me 70% isopropyl alcohol best % to sanitize hands with so if you find it make sure to buy it. Put into a spray bottle at work we are getting 4 people in the department and that quadruples the germ potential.

Okay time for nap -

• LanaCabana537

Hi there Sara - I'm home safe and sound.

4 new people in your department? If yes, then the germs will go up, but hopefully the production pressure will ease, even if only a little bit. Hoping the best for you that way.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    7fpxyrs20tca.jpeg
    *** December 10th ***

Good morning ☀️

Indeed the sun is shining and I am back home in NC where I actually can see the sun and sky out the windows. Ahh.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.4 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana glad you can see sun and sky again.

I have my "final exam" tomorrow at work. I am to go slowly and use my notes. I am just so tired of that woman.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am very glad. I have a busy enough weekend and with any luck will get a lot done.

Rain on tap for weekend we are breaking temperature records - so maybe the rain will cool things off. Hard to feel like Christmas when it still feels like October.

Got my 5k of steps in and will focus on happy things.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Friday! No pretty picture, but I wanted to say hi.I

Sara and Lana,

You two are so faithful with posting. I smile every time I come to this board because of you.

Sara, Good Luck on your "exam" today. You got this!

Lana, Welcome back to the South!

I will be headed to Arizona with my two bosses on Monday. We have three days to get the merged records complete and train the technicians on their software.

Still hoping I get an hour or two to visit the Moose Lodge there.

Everyone do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    popd8m1g0u19.jpeg
    *** December 11th ***

Good morning Tracy! Always good to see you!
    Be really careful on your flights, etc. Stay healthy~
    It would be cool for you to visit the Moose Lodge 👍🏻

Sara - Alejandro and Philippe will be helping you with your exam today. Let us know how things went~~

None of my ladies in the Friday walking Meetup signed up, so I didn't go. Later today, it is going to be in the low 60s, so I hope I can drag myself out on the trails. Annoying electric company trucks are in the neighborhood looking for trees to take down. That noise will get me out of the house and in my car to go to the trails.....

BBL

Lana

same as yesterday
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy Friday
    Just checking in: I have gained some weight back and am considering going the extreme route and throwing away my ice cream in the freezer. I had a rough week and need to start fresh. What to do.... what to do....
    The holidays are creeping up on me, my goal right now to stay away from extreme sweets and to reduce my own baking extravaganza that usually happens each year.
    Happy Hanukkah to anyone that celebrates.

Stay safe.
    Melissa in NYC 😎
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Tracy!! and Melissa!! Good to have you both stop by. The next couple of weeks are so crazy for people.

Exam is only have over boss and auditor kept interrupting me, one more thing to complain to manager about.

In my attempt to sleep after work, phone kept ringing and waking me up. Aargh.

Very very glad it is Friday. Alejandro is making hot chocolate while I write, thanks for sending him along. He will start cleaning my house soon.

Wishing all a good night, stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2020
    0tx3675zufel.jpeg
    *** December 12th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Sara - for goodness sake - can't believe that exam didn't get finished. Alejandro is not the best with housekeeping, but he's nice to look at while he tries!

Melissa - baking extravaganza? Yes, sounds like trouble. 😍

I must get into the shower - zoom breakfast in a little while

Lana

264.2 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning still.

Groceries and hair apt. People need to lighten up, if you now you needed your hair cut for a family gathering you make an apt - its called planning ahead.

Now I cant do that when it comes to groceries - I make a list but it sometimes doesnt always work.

Hey Alejandro figured out the vacuum and washing plastic dishes (for storing food) so I was pleased.

Rain here so all that leaf dust is going away - yay!!!

Wave to all who follow, stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning, today is RAINDAY - much needed but not helpful during a food pantry drop off..... I have a nice big umbrella and will do my best.

Scale is up shock eat too many of my cookies that will happen. Gave half of my presents away so I need to make more cookies this week starting today.

Wont be much relaxing today but I will get my steps in for sure.

• LanaCabana537

Happy Sunday All~~

I almost forgot to check in today! Good grief!

Sara - I hope that your food pantry drop-off went well along with any additional baking you might be doing.

I got out in the yard today for about an hour and did some pruning and wrangling of the jungle that grows out there.

Now it's time to look at my jigsaw puzzles and find one that I haven't done lately. I own at least 12 of them, but I've done them all multiple times. Rumor has it that the thrift stores have no puzzles because of the pandemic; I should go an look anyway, and take them a couple that I don't like very much.....

Lana

265.8 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi all! Can’t believe December is almost half over already. Where did it go? I’ve just been working and working. Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
  • ImChipper
    ImChipper Posts: 44 Member
    Hello, I'm not from Weight Watchers but your friendly back and forth is so nice. May I join you?
  • LanaCabana537
    3qb8ojn5l5p5.jpeg
    *** December 14th ***

Good morning, and a big welcome to ImChipper 👋🏻 Please do join us. We migrated here from the WW boards many years ago, but we are all doing our own choice of weight loss plan.

Waving to Missy 👋🏻
    You are SO right about the time flying. Just think: it is only 5 months to bathing suit season 😮 I'd better get going now!

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Runa and Melissa and Maureen and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

same as yesterday