Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member
    mcvbamav7zcw.jpeg
    *** January 28th ***

Good morning πŸŒ¬β„οΈ We got a little bit of snow overnight. Sky is dark gray. Boohoo.

Sara - so sorry you got hurt yesterday. Is your elbow going to be OK?

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later on*

Lana

266.8 today
    269.6 highest

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning,

Sara! Hope you are ok from your fall. We had a little snow. It was pretty for the hour it fell. All melted when it hit the ground.

Here's a happy after all my griping. I have set a new personal record at bowling for each of the last two weeks. On 01/20, I bowled a 201. Only the 2nd time I have ever bowled over 200. Last night, I bowled five strikes in a row! Never done that before!

It's the little things.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Yikes Sara - sounds like stressful weather! Hope you are ok.
    Lana - sending sunshine your way!
    Tracy - whoop! congrats on the bowling score!
    Not much new here. Just checking in.

CW 195.4
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited January 2021
    Good morning,

Stayed home and got out of bed at 11 so obviously I needed the sleep. Made WC report before I left work yesterday Monster is mad it is end of the month and I make third person out.

My elbow works but the whole elbow is bruised my neighbor the nurse could see it better than I could - so no knitting. I can read books for awhile I guess.

Tracy - I loved bowling but 200 for me was an event - so I understand.

We are getting the rain we need, but it also comes with the mess of dead branches and half dead trees so it is harder to drive than walk anywhere.

Will have lunch and then pop back into bed.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    fgz8ijpwqcxl.jpeg
    *** January 29th ***

Good morning everyone~~

I just bailed on my Friday ladies walk. It is quite cold out, and I know that I will have trouble breathing/coughing. I am hoping to go by myself in the middle of the afternoon when the temps will be better OR, I might just go to a Home Depot or Target and push the shopping cart around the perimeter several times!! Why not?

Sara - I hope that your elbow improves steadily. 😘
    Lynn - you might be laughing at me complaining of the cold~❄️
    Tracy - Good for you with that 201 πŸŽ³πŸ‘πŸ»

It's Friday, so the Cabana Boys will be having a fancy happy hour for us πŸŽΆπŸŒ΄πŸ‡πŸ§€πŸΉπŸŽΆπŸŒ΄

Lana

266.4 today
    269.6 highest
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    FANCY happy hour? May I have two umbrellas in my drink for fancy happy hour? I promise to wear my best pajamas. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
  • brennerjlb
    Fancy happy hour??? I will be sure to drink with my pinky raised.
    Waves to all. Hectic day. Managing a quick check in.

CW 196.2
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Oh, lord, I'm the friend who doesn't do fancy. I'm wearing sweats top and bottom. Hair tossed up in a messy bun. No bra. Ankle socks and Berkies (in the house). I'll sit on the other side of the room and slam down virgin pina coladas.

Sara, that fall sounds painful. I hope it heals quickly.

I got in a nice jog yesterday with pull-on spikes for the icy roads. I had to go rather slowly (even more slowly than my usual slow), so it felt pretty good after the first half mile. The first 0.5-1.0 always feels awful. But the rest usually feels good. I really like feeling so warm in the cold.

I'm down to food in the house that I don't want to eat, which makes it easier to avoid over eating. Gotta pick up groceries tomorrow or Sunday. Mostly looking forward to a temp above 30 F.

Enjoy your weekend, folks.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon-

oooooh sounds like a party tonight, as many umbrellas in all colors, pinkies up and I promise not to swear. This is going to be a "red letter day" for the books!!

Just glad its Friday. We are getting rain/snow we need but what a mess.

Tomorrow is groceries so I am thinking of weekly food plan. However tonight's party is a little distracting so I will think of next week later.

Get on your party/tennis shoes and lets dance!!

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    0fejnt4lbhn9.jpeg
    *** January 30th ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Ladies, you all looked lovely yesterday with your sweatpants, pajamas, and tiaras, with your pinkies raised πŸ’

i happened to choose a frozen meal for my lunch and for my dinner yesterday that were stupid high in sodium - all puffy today. *sob* I just didn't connect the dots, and obviously hadn't pre-planned my food.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

267.6 today
    269.6 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana I watch the sodium in those things- they taste great as you know but some are ridiculously high in sodium. Keep drinking that water.

Got a tri tip to bake with my vegetables and then make a couple of salads this week. I have an herb base for "green goddess" dressing that I will mix with plain greek yogurt and make my own dressing (lower salt).

Dont worry I also bought a bag of potato chips to make sure I have my salt intake!!

Meet up with a couple ladies from work for lunch.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Snowing again here--but warmer, in the low 30s. A nice day for a jog. Otherwise, I'm just watching Netflix and hanging with the dogs.

I tend to have low sodium--I haven't salted food since I was 14 and I sweat a lot. I think it's why I get dizzy when I stand up too quickly. The better shape I'm in, the more careful I have to be about standing up. It's been like that since I started playing basketball also at 14. My resting heart rate has always been fairly low (52-54) and my doctors just tell me not to stand up quickly. A small price to pay for the benefits of regular aerobic exercise.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Will take some soap strips to lady who makes bags for homeless people. Otherwise I will be inside cooking and baking.

Hope the after noon is slow and a little lazy,

National Hot Chocolate Day - cold enough to enjoy one!!!

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Hey all~~

Just stopping through late in the day Sunday. I got all turned around this morning and forgot to get here. Yikes

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy evening,

Tri tip turned out well and I have enough for 5 meals -one more with roasted vegetables. 2 for stead salads and a piece to stick in freezer and make a nice juicy sandwich down the road. Shame I almost set one of my kitchen mitts on fire. I thought I was doing so well and luckily I didnt leave too far from the kitchen. Beginning to understand why older people dont cook.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    rb038d9q956b.jpeg
    *** February 1st ***

Good morning all~~
    It's February already.

πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯I have news: I had an email exchange with Dawn. She is doing ok. She hasn't been here because she was having serious technical difficulties with getting into the MFP site. She is thinking of making a new user name and everything. Work has been tough for her, and it was fitting, so I told her of Maureen's observation of "people leave their bosses, not their jobs".

It is so overcast here. Gray and wet. Not very inspiring for the beginning of a new week and a new month.

*tossing hat and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.4 today, down from scary 268.8 yesterday
    269.6 highest
    goal is anywhere in Onederland
  • mkculs13
    Good morning. I forgot to log yesterday so I'm going to try to keep up through the day, not wait to the end. Sunny here today and the snow walls are getting high out on the street. I always feel like a kid building a fort when that happens--imagine me huddled under the dining room table with a blanket over it, shouting, "No boys allowed!"

Sorry to hear of Dawn's troubles--I had that happen too. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd username here.

Anyone have travel plans coming up? I'm trying to plan a quick visit to my son who rented a small apartment on Miami Beach for Jan and Feb. He's got an oceanfront view. I could use the break, too. Then back down for Spring Break to St. Pete. I haven't seen my mom since September. She is in very good hands; I just need to spend time with her.

Hoping y'all have a great day.

• brennerjlb
    Good Monday morning!
    Maureen - travel plans? What are those? LOL Sounds like great plans for you! I was just thinking I should make some plans to visit my daughter in CO. Maybe closer to spring!
    Good morning Sara, Lana and all others who stop in.
    Lana - glad you "talked" with Dawn some. Thanks for updating us.
    Have a great one!
    ~Lynn

CW 197
    HW 207
    GW 194

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - Thank you!! for the update. I am glad Dawn is doing okay.

6k on my feet, cup of coffee in sight and chocolate cake in a bowl. Life can be so simple at times.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2021
    jva3l1bsae35.jpeg
    *** February 2nd ***

Hey All~~

Busy day. Dashing through. See you later πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana