Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good afternoon, Cabana Crew!!

I had to go back to page 694 to find the beginning of March. Perhaps I should write these goals somewhere besides in our thread. That might remind me to actually try to reach them. March is always a hectic time for me and April is not much better, but I'll give it a shot.

April Goals: (AKA March Goals since this month was a complete fail!)

1. Stay away from inflammatory foods (for me: Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, grain of all types, dairy.)
    2. Attempt a mainly carnivore diet--green vegetables only on occasion.
    3. Log my food!!!
    4. Find a yoga routine to increase flexibility and balance (I've lost all of mine.)

Good luck to everyone!

SW 230.4 - March 1, 2021
    CW 225.8
    GW 200 - June 1, 2021
    UGW 150 - We'll see how it goes

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited April 2021
    Jordanna - we were really loose with goals for March. We all just decided for ourselves what we wanted to improve on or whatever, and we checked in at mid-month.

However, if you would like to hatch a challenge - that would be good, just so long as it can be something that we are all able to do. You have a couple of seniors here at The Cabana Club, so please no marathons.

Lynn - let's keep on trying on our goals.
    That's cool about your mother taking a fall prevention class. I wonder if they mentioned vision. I know that a certain amount of my mishaps and bonks on the head and tripping is because of my eyes, my eyeglasses/bifocals, and just not seeing stuff. If I could still wear contact lenses, I'd probably do a little better that way.

Tracy - you have good goals!
    We can do this!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Good evening,

April?? Gee March went by a little too fast. Hot here upper 80's not typical and ends tomorrow.

Goals ??
    1.Not fall - someone kept yelling it at me as we parted company yesterday. For me multi tasking and doing things too quickly play roles in my tumbles.
    2. Keep my money in the bank - this one I succeeded for March. So now that I have behaved it needs to continue.
    3. Keep up with my walking - found a calendar for 2021 I have yet to use - that will be the steps and weight record.
    4. Promote self confidence. Not sure what that will be but it cannot include food.

As usual pretty brain tired - Monster the boss likes sitting in our area so she can eavesdrop as her desk was not to her standards and liking. It was not placed exactly where she wanted. NOT the person I want to end up on a deserted island with. Yuck ee poo

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Happy new month everyone. I'm down 1.8lbs this morning from last Thursday woop!
  • LanaCabana537
    kd3rtsmqoeqn.jpeg
    9zntho27t5mc.jpeg

Good morning everybody~~

Roz - 🎉 Congratulations on that weight loss! 🎉 Good for you!

Lana
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you very much ❤️🙂
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    April 1. Received an email promotion about direct flights to Hawaii from Chicago. Think that's an April Fools? LOL maybe I will look into it. Hmmm that is a good goal!
    Great goals Tracy and Sara!
    Congrats Roz!
    April Goals
    Increase average steps by 1000 a day - reset my watch to make that my daily goal.
    Weigh by 4/30 - 187
    Lots of small goal to accomplish that. Get up from my desk hourly for short walks around hall. Do not eat unless sitting down for a meal. No more of this snacking stuff :)
    Day off tomorrow - Happy early weekend everyone! Actually having family over Saturday. First time I will see some of them since last March. We will be outside, Many adults vaccinated. Low numbers of Covid in our area. Will be so nice seeing my nieces.
    Have a great Thursday!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 187
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - That is great about your family coming over on Saturday!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi All! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been in a funk. Got my first shot today and shot didn’t hurt but now arm is, tired feeling like I have a cold. Yuck! Going to keep hydrated and get lots of rest over the next few days. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • LanaCabana537

Hang in there Missy! I hope that you feel much better very soon.
    We're sending two of the Cabana Boys up north to take care of you 💖🌴🤗

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

My work is improving in quantity which should please the boss, but nothing I do pleases her so too bad. The new person they hired should be amusing, she does nothing but talk all day.... it will be interesting to watch.

Told my tops are not dress code, so shopping I go on Saturday - I need a new image anyway.

Very warm here it was 86 yesterday too hot for March -70's from now on.

Missy I hope you are feeling better keep those boys busy.

Lana get your walking in imaging the pavement is someone you dislikes face. Lynn your ideas are good small steps. Roz good job I always enjoy good news.

• LanaCabana537
    edited April 2021
    gqj37bb0fsvl.jpeg
    *** April 2nd ***

Sara - It's good that there is the new person at work to take the spotlight. What is the dress code at work? Strange.
    Glad to hear that your quantity is improving for you, not anyone else. It's good to go in a positive direction.
    As for my walking - I like to imagine that I am walking towards my better future 😁

Waving to all who stop by today 👋🏻

It's Friday so the Cabana Boys have a big Happy Hour planned for us. Plenty of massages and pillow fluffing 🌴

*tossing floppy hat and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    @Tilliesmommy1 and @LanaCabana537 thanks for sending the boys! Feeling better than I was last night. Having lots of soup and keeping hydrated and getting plenty of rest.

@Tilliesmommy1 hope you find some nice stylish clothes for work. Did they just change the dress code? And good luck with your new coworker!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Friday -

Will hit my 6k which is nice. I have been wearing these things since Oct but since there are more people at work the boss decided it was time I was told. So I go tomorrow after hair apt to get cut/color and then to Ross to find my "new menopausal" clothes ( I am blaming the "wild change" in colors/prints on menopause...).

Nap is in order - so I can dance to the 80's music at Lana's Cabana club.

• LanaCabana537
    jvrzizdm6em1.jpeg
    *** April 3rd ***

Good morning 🌷

Sara - unless you were told when hired that there is a dress code, Monster is bullying you or trying to "control" you. She is a freak. I hope that you find some nice things at Ross today that make you happy and just happen to fit into Monster's supposed dress code.

Missy - how are you feeling?

Tracy - I hope that you can enjoy your weekend and are all recovered from that trip.

Lynn - how is Maggie doing?

Maureen - are you still in Florida?

Jordanna - do you have long shifts this weekend?

Waving to Roz and Dawn and Runa and everyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻💗

It's time for me to get going on my paperwork....

BBL

Lana
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Good morning ladies!!
    Lana: Yes i've got to work all weekend. But good friday pays like Christmas day so I'm not complaining! It's rainy and gross here in BC so I don't mind going to work.

New month! I'm hoping to reach onederland this month! I weighed in today and I'm down 0.8 pounds. Progress! I find my clothes are looser and my mom noticed the other day! Super exciting. I'm heading into night shifts now so the first night I always go over my calories because I'm eating 4 meals in a day. But the next day and night I don't eat much at all so it balances out. Going to take Max on a big walk today :) I love walking again, I didn't realize how much I missed dog walks.

Everyone having a good Easter?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Hair cut and color- went to Ross and got 9 tops some I can wear to work and some not. Coworkers asked for some other colors - I like gray - 2 were gray and I hope they like the color blue.....

Got my 5k in and with no nap I am yawning.

• LanaCabana537
    kt3a3pbukkmp.jpeg
    *** April 4th ***

Good morning all ☀️🌷☀️

Jordanna - I hope that your night shifts go well. That's really nice that your are doing so well with your weight loss that your mother noticed!

Sara - yay for you: Cut and color and 9 new tops!! That's great 😁

Waves to all who stop by today 👋🏻

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Easter!!!

28kaytlczo1x.png

@LanaCabana537 Feeling much better than I did on Thursday evening, Friday. That shot knock me down. Almost better today just a lot of congestion in nose and lungs. Scared at what the 2nd shot will bring about as this one was my first.

@Tilliesmommy1 nice! Glad you had success!

@ladychr0nic getting closer! Great job getting out there and walking! Plan on doing the same with my pups now that the weather and sunlight is more cooperative.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Happy Easter and happy Sunday. Missy!! Do your dogs like hugs? What incredible faces they have. Thank you for sharing a picture.

Walking is on the agenda and I gave up online shopping for Lent so I will remedy that today.

Weight not budging but then I have not given up my snacks either....

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.