Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    391kmozdodje.jpeg
    *** April 18th ***

Good morning all~~

What's everyone doing today?

I'm just waking up - slept like a log, thank goodness.

Lana

265.8 today
    269.6 highest
    229.0 goal for Dec.

Good Morning πŸ˜ƒβ˜€οΈπŸŒž! Going to be a fun day! It’s my moms wedding day :-)
  • NacaMDI
    NacaMDI Posts: 4 Member
    Hello πŸ‘‹

Newbie here! Using this app for last 40 days and lost some weight, but only found this community option today

Hope everyone is well!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good morning,

Lana I am so glad you slept like a log - when I get my 6k steps it is so easy to fall alseep.

Food pantry drop off day and my donations from friends can be take out of my car finally - I keep hearing them roll about.

Welcome Naca! We are a supportive bunch and let us know how we can help you. Stop by and post when you can.

Hot here for April but after Monday it should be cooler - another dry year and fires on the horizon are seriously possible.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited April 2021
    xpvau2rflywm.jpeg

*** April 19th ***

Good morning all~~ Welcome Naca!

Missy - I trust your mother's wedding was fabulous - good for her πŸ’—

Sara - You are doing well with your walking/steps - I am happy for you !

I woke up to sunshine, and now one hour later there are storm clouds. Hmm. I need to walk today.

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Good morning everyone!!
    I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a fabulous weekend. It was my boyfriend's birthday and I'm on vacation so I took that upon myself to completely let loose this weekend :wink: . Booze and junk food everywhere :smiley: haha. I feel disgusting and so tired because I fed my body crap so I'm excited to get back to tracking and back in control of what I eat. As much as I enjoyed myself, there was always this underlying "I'm going to see that on the scale" feeling that just taints everything. All this hard work it takes to lose a pound, and I wouldn't be surprised if the scale is up 2 pounds to be honest. Oh well. I had a blast and will remember this weekend fondly.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got sunburned yesterday at the food drop off as my "assistant" bailed on me. Ordered sun screen strange this early in the year.

Eye apt went well dont need glasses this time - there was a point when every time I needed new glasses...

Will start new schedule next month where I work 4 10 hour days and get a day off in the week. Just is and trying to roll with it.

Steps are okay and I might get 5k.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    kpbxhxysw8sq.jpeg
    *** April 20th ***

Good morning everybody~~

The sun is out, but there is serious fog in my brain. *waving to Alejandro for more coffee*

Last night I had the best dream about being in Paris, being 30 years younger than I am, being able to speak French, and meeting a new man! Then I woke up. Ugh.

Sara - sunburn!? Yikes! Will you get to choose your day off, or does Monster assign the day off?

Jordanna - I know what you mean about the scale.....it always tracks for us, doesn't it? Dang.

Time to get going. Waving to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

TL:DR Slight breather between Moose Events, but I think I will attend a basket weaving event instead.

Our Moose year is coming to a close. New Boards of Officers have been installed and will officially take over on May 1st. Of course, the transition takes a little longer than that, especially with the new Moose structure implementation. However, due to the "end of the year", we had no events scheduled last weekend or this weekend.

Last Saturday, I made a trip to Sam's because I was "out" of toilet paper and paper towels. (Out in my house means only 45 rolls of tp and less than 15 rolls of pt.) I spent the day shopping by myself and enjoyed it immensely.

This coming Saturday, my former basket weaving Guild has posted a "Bring-a-kit" day. That means no money outlay, bring your supplies and tools, sit-weave-visit. I haven't seen these ladies in a couple of years. The guild is located in Camden, TN about an hour and a half from my home. I think I may indulge myself a bit further and go weave with my group. Now to decide the style of basket and who will be the recipient.

May 1st --Derby Day at the Lodge. Food, games, and contests. Should be fun! I've ordered a pin-up style dress and am working on a hat for the contest. What's Derby Day without fabulous hats?

May 7th -- Surprise birthday party for one of our Lodge members. We will have our favorite Karaoke artist that night. Ray Ray is a hoot. He puts on a fantastic show.

May 8th -- Ocho de Mayo por mi Mama -- Since the 5th is on a weekday, we decided to have a Fajita dinner on Saturday. We will have drink specials and a piΓ±ata. Mothers will be honored with a rose that night. One of our members will also be celebrating her graduation from Nursing School. Her husband, Josh, will provide Karaoke entertainment for free.

Hoping everyone else is staying as busy as they would like (or are forced) to be! Make the best choices you can in the situation you have.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana my day off will be determined by the rest of the team and if they want to change days off, what is left is what I get.

Got my 6k in today.

Sirens after dinner, fire in house close by, luckily no body was injured. I mention this only because all of my pants were in the dryer at the time and if I had to leave it would have been interesting!!!

Lana Paris is still there and airplane tickets are available..... Tracey your plans sound wonderful.

• LanaCabana537
    ggck5bucl3vz.jpeg
    *** April 21st ***

Just getting us started.
    I'm having a not-good morning.
    Hopefully will remember to get back here later.

Lana
    scale is up at all time high! WTH 😣
  • LanaCabana537

Hey - I just got back from walking with the Ladies! Yay Lana!

Tracy - it's good that you've got so much to keep you happy and socialized! I've learned about Derby Day because a sister-in-law of mine lives in Louisville. She makes fascinators for Derby Day. What is this pin up style dress you are getting?

Sara - All of your pants in the wash? You'd be running outside in your flowing caftan then....... 😜

Now, let's see if I can whip up a healthy lunch....

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Had a nice after work nap. Starting in May my schedule changes and I will work 4 days for 10 hours which is a first for me and it should be interesting to see how I stay awake!!!

Lana what a good girl went walking with the ladies and made a healthy lunch? Who stole our Lana who loves to eat take out Chinese food?? Glad you are finding better choices.

• LanaCabana537
    edited April 2021
    kte7pfudttdi.jpeg
    *** April 22 ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Sara - I made a healthy dinner yesterday as well! I bought a bunch of gorgeous leafy veggies for dinner salads at the farmers market.
    The dangerously scrumptious Chinese food is in NYC; thankfully I've never discovered a place here in NC. Ha Ha!

I hope for you that you settle in quickly once your 10-hour days start. The first week might be rough. I know from my working days when mounting a new show. It's not the length of day that's the problem. It's the number of hours between breaks, and what you can do during those breaks.

Five hours is a long time to go without a meal break. You'll need a designated coffee break in those 5-hour segments to grab a yogurt or some snack. Ideally a person needs to be able to close their eyes and put their feet up for a few minutes too.

It's a really good thing that you are accustomed to cooking some recipes in large batches and then freezing. It's be awesome to just come home at the end of your work day and simply heat up your dinner πŸ‘πŸ»
    - - - - -
    Waving to all who stop by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸŒ΄

Lana
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 209 Member
    Hello! I'm Rhiannon. I've been using MFP on and off since 2012. I lost 35lbs my first go around and have yo yo'd ever since. I have had four kids in the last 7 years and am finally committed to getting down to my goal weight, but I keep having a good week or two and then gaining back the same pound i lost during the weekend!

I'm hoping to finally buckle down......
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Here's the dress I bought, Lana.

7c9z6bo5uamy.png

It comes with a bow belt that is not shown in this picture. I also bought the "rockabilly" crinoline to go under it. Short and super poufy. I will buy knockoff Keds to go with it--either purple or rainbow.

I'm working on my hat. It is a blush straw, wide-brimmed, flat-crowned hat. I have a peacock colored band with horses in the design to put on it. I will add a tulle fan, peacock feathers with purple, yellow, and electric blue flowers on the right side of the crown. Then, I plan to have a purple tulle or "Whipped-cream" fabric veil on the back with peacock feathers sewn on.

I may bend up the left side of the hat (it has a wire in the outer edge of the brim). Depends on how it looks once I get everything else on.

It's a lot for a few hours at a party, but how many times does an adult get to dress in a costume in a small town? That's why I love my Moose Lodge. We create events for that purpose. Very few people participate in the costuming part, but they don't judge me when I do. Most of the Sisters love it and know I'm going fully overboard if I'm given the chance.

The Significant Other has ordered a purple top hat and a purple vest. He will be buying purple suede shoes next week. I'll try to post pictures of Derby Day if we get any decent ones.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @Rh1aB1a
    I know exactly what you mean. I work so hard during the week and as soon as I get to the weekend I get a little off track. Especially with alcohol. I find I just try to eat a little less during the day for breakfast and lunch so that I have more room in the evening for wine. It's hard tho!! I had a bad weekend last weekend and almost gained 3 pounds!! A lot of it was water because I'm already down 2 pounds today from that, but still.

I've been doing better, staying within my calories. I went for a bike ride yesterday by the river, first time for a couple years. It was so fun!! It took nothing to load up my bike and drive the 5 minutes it takes to get there. Just put my music in and was able to ride for 40 minutes. I was super tired by the end but it felt so good. Definitely going to do it again, maybe make it a weekly thing. It's been like summer weather here in BC, I actually have a tan. Loving every minute of it.

I hope everyone has a good day!
  • LanaCabana537

Wow Tracy - that dress is gorgeous! You and SO will look fabulous on Derby Day! πŸ’œ Yes, photos would be so great!

Welcome to Rhiannon πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Waving to Jordanna as well πŸ‘‹πŸ»
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Fell asleep and woke and woke up thinking I had a different dinner waiting for me. Luckily it didnt take long to realize that was the dream I had......

My plans for brunch Saturday with friends bailed, so I am wondering what I can do instead. Hmmm I just checked the weather forecast someone at work said "rain" Sunday and I went - no way not here - but sure enough, so Sunday is inside and Saturday is outside. Exercise then,,,,,

I ordered a book on Amazon - needed to try something new in fiction. Thin book but with large print ( appreciated after long days of small computer print). So, I will not "judge a book by its cover" (hahahahahahaha) and hope it is one I can pass on to ladies my age or older.

Longer days means I will have to create a 3rd snack in the after noon - hardboiled eggs are already in fridge. Thinking hummus and vegetables as well.

If I had a good place to bicycle slowly, I would consider getting another bicycle or "tricycle" - still on my potential to do list. Keep up the good work Jordanna.

Tracy - what a fun time you are having and that dress is a real stunner - do you have any shiny costume jewelry?

• LanaCabana537
    on1mtam38qv2.jpeg
    *** April 23rd ***

Good morning everybody β˜€οΈ

Sara - Sorry that there will be rain on your Sunday, but rain is good for California πŸ’–. Hope you get out tomorrow πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

No one signed up for my Ladies Meetup Walk for today; I am going to try to get myself out there anyway, maybe a little later than 10AM though.

Waving to Tracy and Lynn and Rhiannon and Jordanna and Missy and Runa and Maureen and Dawn and Naca and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning.
    Nice to catch up again...Been so busy and work and life...dropped the ball on MFP for a bit. Did get out to CO to visit daughter - that was pretty great!
    Not much else going on. Goals back in my brain and motivated to get going again...
    Runa - was great seeing you and I chuckled at your cooking story.
    Waves to all!

CW 193.4
    HW 207
    GW 188