Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good afternoonish

Maureen I do live in No CA.

Peep back at Lana

Keeping good thoughts for Lynn and her surgery.

Will be snoring soon.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    nu4r6ceex7va.jpeg
    *** June 4 ***

Good morning all~~

Lynn - Thinking of you and hoping that the knee surgery went well and that you are not in a lot of discomfort πŸ€—

Sara - doing the happy dance for you that it is Friday πŸ’–

The Cabana Boys will be doing it up for the Friday Happy Hour today. Special fanning and pillow fluffing for Lynn. 🌴

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Runa and Maureen and Rhiannon and Jordanna and anyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

*tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

267.4 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Friday all ! This week just flew right by! So ready for the weekend. Have it off :-)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I had to replace my "roll the b!tch off" roll on and also bought one that helps with sleep and an essential oil that is made of coffee, so I get the great smell and not drink the less than the smell coffee. (Have my cake and eat it too).

This weekend is not supposed to be so hot which is kind. Got some good vegetables in box today - salad oriented stuff.

Heading over to the Cbana Boys Friday night party and go sit on the couch with Lana.

Check in Lynn when you can.

Wishing all a good Friday night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    ilkmf0kk1kfh.jpeg
    *** June 5 ***

Good morning all β˜€οΈ

Sara - Oooo that coffee essential oil sounds wonderful πŸ₯°

Missy - Glad for you that you have your weekend off πŸ‘πŸ»

My sister and I are having a great visit - it is pretty amazing to have another living soul in the house! The scale has been tracking the eating out we've been doing. Today will be home-cooked healthier fare + a walk on one of the trails.

Waving to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

268.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    dhrcpv34n9hf.jpeg
    *** June 6th ***

Good morning all β˜€οΈ

The morning skies at sunrise were looking like blue and pink cotton candy! What a nice day.
    Time to walk before it gets hot.

BBL

Lana

267.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I could have sworn I checked in yesterday...... Lana glad your sister is visiting - it is a lot cooler here than last week which is really appreciated.

Father says all the women in our family are big why worry? What a dingbat.

Going out to get the last segment of my 5k steps.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    0kb52mwqe6cj.jpeg
    *** June 7 ***

Good morning ⛅️

Hi Sara πŸ‘‹πŸ» Keep chugging along with your steps - you are doing really well with that πŸ†

What an auspicious day today for me: 13th wedding anniversary. I am glad that my sister and I have the diversion of making a road trip to the NC coast for a likely overnight.
    If we do stay overnight somewhere, I may miss checking in tomorrow.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

266.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I hope you dont check in tomorrow as you are having too much fun!

Scale is going down by ounces, that all adds up.

South wind today is wonderful and lower temps are in keeping with seasonal for now. Yippee!!!

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    x529hvrmlv4q.jpeg
    *** June 8 ***

Good morning everybody β˜€οΈ

Well, yesterday things didn't go well at all for my sister and me. We got along just fine all day, but "Murphy" and his law ruled everything. Long story shortened- it was sunny and beastly to walk anywhere in Wilmington; the restaurant we were looking forward to eating at wasn't open for lunch because the only cook was sick that day.

We walked forever, found another place, got seated, but waited over 15 minutes at what was supposed to be a great seafood place, and no wait staff stopped at our table to even say hello and take drinks order.
    So, hungry and dying of thirst, we got up and left. The McDonalds we had in the car was absolutely yummy πŸ‘πŸ»
    We punted on staying overnight and drove back home. Yay.
    We'll have better luck some other year.

I hope that all of us serial starters have a very good day today 🌴

Lana

267.2 today

PS - Cheerful Tuesday artwork courtesy of Tracy 🎨
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    So sorry your day did not go as planned, Lana. At least you did get to spend time with your sister. Perhaps you will look back and laugh about the "comedy of errors" the day became.

"Murphy" or as we call it in my family "Wiley Law" has conspired to keep me away from my brother since Christmas. He has been home twice for an extended visit and I have been sick each time. The next visit is scheduled for June 26th and I will be away at the Field Day event for SO's HAM radio group.

Leaving work early (15 min) today because I have to go bartend at the Lodge tonight before and after the meeting. We had to move our Lodge Meetings to Tuesday because the Social Quarters is the only space big enough to accommodate both men and women now that we are "One Moose". We have pool tournaments on Thursday and could not afford to stop them for our meetings twice a month. We also can't afford to pay a bartender an extra day, so the Sisters will volunteer on a rotating basis to cover beverage service from 5:00 to 6:30 and from the end of the meeting until 9 pm.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Surgery was thursday. Dr. said it went very well. I have three holes in my leg, one a bit larger so as he said he could fit his drill. he drilled a hole from the top of my tibula angled out to the side. Took a stitch to anchor my miniscus, ran the stitch through the drill hole and anchored it to the side of my tibia. Pain is much reduced already. Except for my aching arms, wrists and back from trying to get around on crutches. On to healing. not at work this week, working from home. we will see what next week brings. taking naps, been a long time. I HATE being helpless....and cannot wait for this to be over.
    Waves to all! Very hot here in WI.
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wonderful temps in CA (compared to last week). Passed out after work, opened eyes at alarm and would be wide awake at 3am if I didnt get up now.

Lynn, short term loss long term gain. I got water at work for a Sup who was also on crutches (the rest was on her....) for weeks (broke large bone in foot). Glad you can work from home. Plan a reward for yourself.

Lana - gee I hate that. What could be a great day is ruined by sub par places to eat. Glad you are enjoying your sister's stay.

Tracy , you are so busy. Just a little jealous, as somedays I have to remind myself what day it is. Glad you and your group were creative and found a solution.

I am working overtime again Saturday so the question becomes what thing do I really not need that I will buy with this money????

• LanaCabana537
    57vs9lu47o6f.jpeg
    *** June 9th ***

Lynn - Wow, what a surgery, especially the drill--amazing! What a drag about the secondary suffering of body parts from having to use the crutches. Jeeez! I don't know how you are still working, but I guess it's a good thing that you can, so if nothing else, you don't get out of the loop.

Tracy - I hope that your evening went well with the meeting and the bartending. Sorry to hear that you will continue the trend of missing a visit with your brother πŸ˜₯

Sara - do you get to have today off?

Waving to Missy and Runa and Maureen and Jordanna and Rhiannon and everyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Had today off.

Finally saw my psychiatrist on a zoom meeting. Luckily using my computer with which I am "zoom-literate".

Shopping for 4th of July decorations for work also included some work snack items....but also got some salad makings as well.

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    ens9z72upv8g.jpeg
    *** June 10th ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Sara - enjoy your July 4th decorations πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŽ‰

*tossing beach bag and floppy hat onto lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    2ipriwrqdwon.jpeg
    *** June 12th ***

Happy Saturday All~~

Wow, I obviously forgot to check in yesterday. My sister and I had our morning focused on getting ready and out the door to go clothes shopping πŸ‘— to an outlet mall 65 miles away....

I got 6 new tops and 2 pair of pants at a Lane Bryant. Get this: the sales person missed taking the anti-theft device off of one of the pants. I know not to try that myself.

So after I drop my sister off at the airport today, I'm going to go to a nearby Lane Bryant and hope for the best.

What are y'all doing this weekend?

Lana

266.8 today
  • LanaCabana537

Later that same day......

I am so happy: I took my Lane Bryant bag and receipt to the local store, and they were extremely apologetic for what happened 65 miles away (How polite and crazy is that?), and in less than a minute I was out the door with everything made right.

Yes, you betcha I will stop by there more often now.....

My sister is wending her way west.....not a direct flight.....she needs to stop and change planes at Minneapolis St Paul......so Maureen and Lynn you are safe from a visit from Donna..... She's flying Delta. I've never had the pleasure of connecting through the upper Midwest. But hey - that's an idea for the future!

Lynn - How in the world are you feeling? .....both generally and with the knee specifically?'

Maureen - what's the latest with your transition? Let us know because the Cabana Boys have gotten lost....🌴

Tracy - You are always moving and shaking and I cannot keep up with you πŸ’– Hoping you have some balance between fun/active and rest and relaxation this weekend.... 🌈

Missy - up north howz your weather and work schedule ? Hope that the puppers are chilling πŸ’ž

Runa - you are long overdue for a peep or a trumpet from Oklahoma. Let's hear from you. 🌟

Dawn - Holy Toledo the Cabana Boys are wondering... They don't have a passport for Missouri πŸ€£πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ»

Jordanna and Rhiannon - check in please πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

XOXO
    Lana.......
    ......plotting a new weight loss / diet plan.......
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    7javq99vw3h8.jpeg
    *** June 13th ***

Just getting us started.....

Lana

265.2 today
    271.2 highest ever
    240 interim goal, late November
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Seems I fell off the wagon yesterday again. Got 6k in steps and I am hoping for the same today.

Highest temp this week will be 109 - and I dont care BBQ and a pool still makes that too hot.

Lana!! glad you found a better Bryant's. I was working in clothing one day the lady would not shut up and I only got the security tag off one of her 2 piece swimsuit because she was in such a hurry. It does happen.

Bought ice cream and keeping it for the mid/end of week. Small container at least.

Finally got a hold of a woman who will make face masks from material I got. I think we shall be needing them at least through summer - those of us who are cautious and then there is flu season coming.

Stay hydrated, sane and safe out there.