Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Wow - Sara, Sacramento is in it now--summer is here. Those are some high temps. You know the drill: drink your water girl! Take it nice and easy....
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    h9c08vq3iuwc.jpeg
    *** June 14 ***

Good morning all! β˜€οΈ
    There's lot's for me to get going on today.....y'all have a really good Monday, OK?

*hat and beach bag are on favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

265.2 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love the rainbow greeting, Lana!

I'm struggling with life right now. I slept almost all day Saturday. I have not been feeling well for a while, may have been running a fever. Felt better yesterday, not great, but tolerable.

We had a Lodge Leadership training class in Brownsville, TN (about a 45 minute drive). This training was required for the SO and optional for me--sort of. "Sort of" optional because I am not on the Lodge Board, but I am the unofficial assistant to the Administrator. We have our first female administrator under the new Lodge structure.

Afterwards, we went on to Jackson to do some shopping for the Lodge and a little for home. When we got home, we unloaded stuff at the Lodge and at home, then went to eat. After that, we had to go to Walmart. It was a long day!

I made really bad choices for food last night and am seriously paying for it today. Feel terrible. Beyond terrible. Barely functional.

Here's hoping we all have a better day today! Even if your day was great yesterday, today can be better.

Tracy in Tennessee

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Mother of Pearl, Tracy - you did way too much! I don't know how you do it. With a fever?

Well, I hope that you get enough rest tonight and enough water, and I hope that you can eat what you need to eat to get your body back on track and feeling happy.

Sending big hugs and two Cabana Boys to take care of you! πŸŒ΄πŸ’žπŸŒ΄

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Lynn - how are you doing?
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mother of Pearl, Tracy - you did way too much! I don't know how you do it. With a fever?

Lana

Sheer meanness keeps me going according to my mother. :)

Thank you for the Cabana Boys! They are taking really good care of me.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Stupid hot weather starts Wednesday so I am going to try and start keeping cold drinks in the fridge.

Tracy drink that water and flush that stuff out of your system. Rest as much as you can.

Lana how did your busy day go?

Work is interesting in that we are at least temporarily losing our contract tomorrow with one of the largest insurances in the country .... no stress for the patients mind you. Just shaking my head and I am hoping for better news tomorrow.

Had my lemon ricotta individual serving of Sweetaly cheesecake in a glass jar with lid. Cant top that so I am not going to try.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    9dw5cilpmbiq.jpeg
    *** June 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Tracy - your mother! "Sheer meanness" That is funny 🀣

Sara - the work business sounds scary-- "temporarily losing" ??
    The lemon ricotta cheesecake sounds yummy!

I often get emails from My Fitness Pal, and I ignore them, but I looked at today's feature, and it looked interesting enough to share here. It's entitled "side dishes", but it got me thinking about trying some of the ideas as new light lunches or dinners.

Dang it, I can't get the link to copy and paste correctly. I'll work on that later; I must scoot to get ready for appointment with lawyer. Ugh.

Lana

265.2 today
    271.2 highest ever
    240 interim goal, late November
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - we are in negotiations with a large insurance company and it is a cat mouse game and we may have to have a period of time when our patients cant use our services.... in order to get the insurance company to come back to the bargaining table. Sad that the patients lose more than anything and this is the first I have ever seen this insurance do this, so it is strange.

Side dishes on a hot day can become dinner, so that is a good idea Lana, I need to do some research as well because boredom is not helping me.

Lynn how are you doing??

Tracy hope things are not as frantic.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    e0mny3yvokse.jpeg
    *** June 16 ***

Sara - Wow, that is quite the situation between the insurance company and your company. Yes, the patients lose out if there is a gap. I hope they come back to the table beforehand.

I tried again and failed to get the link to work. Google My Fitness Pal Summer Side Dish recipes, and it's the first hit.
    *sitting, dejected, on favorite lounge chair*

Lana

264.2 today (must be dehydrated)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning still,

Went and got a pedicure - I warned her how bad my feet were.

Went to the International store, the zucchini looked so good that I am making enchiladas this week with the zucchinis only.

Got a lot of extra (junk ish ) food. I bought a large bottle of cherry syrup to dilute in water so that I will drink more of it.

Eating lunch and then go to help make dinners at 1pm. So hot I may not stay as long as I did last time.

Scale not my friend but I keep forgetting to drink that water.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - your zucchini success at the international store has inspired me to clean my grill. Grilled veggies are SO good and very health-friendly. Yum! I will now be on the lookout for all those grill-ables πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Soooo hi! Not sure if I'm doing this right.

I didn't read through everything, I'm just jumping back in with both feet (again). I was on a roll for a long time, and then I hurt my foot during a marathon. Then Covid. Then my gym closed, and blah blah excuse blah.

Foot still hurts, but my gym is back open and I'm so glad for it. I rejoined last week and have lost 6lbs since. Glad I'm not the only serial starter.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    rvcoagrk50la.jpeg
    *** June 17th ***

Welcome to Zoomie402 πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just getting us started this morning..... BBL

Lana
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! <3
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    rvcoagrk50la.jpeg
    *** June 17th ***

Welcome to Zoomie402 πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just getting us started this morning..... BBL

Lana

Thanks! Happy Thursday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Stopping by briefly it got to 108 and it is as bad as it sounds.

We are in potential brown out so I am keeping my time online short.

Tomorrow should be better heat wise and being Friday it is a relief.

Stay safe and sane out there. See you at the Cabana Club - I will take 2 of those green drinks please!!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    a2tvuyqweoxt.jpeg
    *** June 18th ***

Sara - I cannot imagine heat like that!
    You've probably done this already, but just in case: Keep lots of containers of water/ice in your freezer so that if you lose power, they become the ice that keeps your food OK.
    I do that here because we lose power often enough because of trees falling on power lines during rain storms.
    Glad to see that your area returns to more normal heat during the work week.
    Big hugs πŸ€—

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lynn - how are you doing? Please just peep when you can πŸ€—

The Cabana Boys are planning the Friday Happy Hour 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another hot day like yesterday. Supposed to get a little cooler and the difference between 109 and 102 is quite a bit...I still got 5k in so that is enough for me.

Came home to a flooded kitchen - someone upstairs probably ran their dishwasher and I had a hot/humid place that smelled slightly of swamp. Called and the guy just got done - 2 hours later and I am hungry and not terribly pleased. I offered the guy ice cream but he had another call to fix an a/c - mine is working so I am happy for now. Started a romance novel, I figure I might as well get something done while he dealt with my kitchen.

Tomorrow involves bank work and maybe a little grocery shopping, sleep tops my to do list.

Stay safe and sane out there. Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gj3gfw3yzexi.jpg
    *** June 19th ***

Sara - How awful about the water coming from above. If it was a faulty appliance, I hope it got fixed. If it was human over-flow error, that can't be fixed really. Dang. Here's hoping it never happens again.
    I hope that you get lots of rest this weekend!

Waving to anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana