Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning Missy!

Thanks for getting us started 🙏🏻 How wonderful that you got a good report from your doctor about your foot. I hope that it is feeling OK after all you did yesterday~

Waving to everyone else who stops by 👋🏻

BBL

Lana

261.0 today

You’re welcome ☺️ foot is doing good! 🥳
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Finished the last piece of the quiche will need to go shopping for more veggies and make more! Yum 🤤
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Today's quiche is swiss cheese / broccoli - I like cheddar but a LOT of salt, so they had swiss brand on special. Swiss is also good on my "plant based" burgers. Takes about an hour to make so that is this afternoon.

Missy glad you didnt get "hit" with a husky hole - these are holes the dogs leave as proof of their amusement????

It is a lot easier to go out walking with clear air, so I am off to get some steps in.

Motto of today - more drinks less snacks - Chinese snacks got me today.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

• gemwolf110
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Today's quiche is swiss cheese / broccoli - I like cheddar but a LOT of salt, so they had swiss brand on special. Swiss is also good on my "plant based" burgers. Takes about an hour to make so that is this afternoon.

Missy glad you didnt get "hit" with a husky hole - these are holes the dogs leave as proof of their amusement????

It is a lot easier to go out walking with clear air, so I am off to get some steps in.

Motto of today - more drinks less snacks - Chinese snacks got me today.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

Yes one of them was digging a very deep, narrower one I think in an attempt to have me trip and break my foot again- but they were unsuccessful I filled it back in before any tragedy struck again. They are sneaky.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    3cbyq0e6so22.jpeg
    *** October 4th ***

Good morning everybody 👋🏻

I’ve gone back and read some of what I missed.

Nikki - congratulations on your 15 pounds gone!
    That is some story about the run on the fuel. People. Ugh.

Sara - How wonderful to be having a vacation! Good for you!

Missy - I didn’t realize that huskies can be sneaky! ☺️

Lynn How are you doing? The Cabana Boys can’t find you!

Tracy - stop in when you have a chance 🤗

Waving to everyone who pops in today 🌴

Lana

261.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    3cbyq0e6so22.jpeg
    *** October 4th ***

Good morning everybody 👋🏻

I’ve gone back and read some of what I missed.

Nikki - congratulations on your 15 pounds gone!
    That is some story about the run on the fuel. People. Ugh.

Sara - How wonderful to be having a vacation! Good for you!

Missy - I didn’t realize that huskies can be sneaky! ☺️

Lynn How are you doing? The Cabana Boys can’t find you!

Tracy - stop in when you have a chance 🤗

Waving to everyone who pops in today 🌴

Lana

261.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal

Yes they can be! A quiet husky is a mischievous husky.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Apologies I missed yesterday I had a crazy busy work day. Missy we too had the TP crisis here. People literally bought months worth and caused chaos. Made me laugh in some ways that toilet roll appeared to be the one essential nobody could live without!

I think our fuel shortage is easing slightly, I needed fuel last night and did actually manage to fill up at the first garage I came to without a queue so that’s me sorted for another 10 days or so.

Right I better crack on with some work. Happy Tuesday everyone.
  • gemwolf110
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Apologies I missed yesterday I had a crazy busy work day. Missy we too had the TP crisis here. People literally bought months worth and caused chaos. Made me laugh in some ways that toilet roll appeared to be the one essential nobody could live without!

I think our fuel shortage is easing slightly, I needed fuel last night and did actually manage to fill up at the first garage I came to without a queue so that’s me sorted for another 10 days or so.

Right I better crack on with some work. Happy Tuesday everyone.

It was so crazy and the TikTok’s videos and memes of what some people built with their TP. Lol I’ll have to go find one.

That’s good news that you were able to fuel up! Nothing like the anxiety of looking at an almost empty tank and you got places to go and people to see.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    TP MEMES LMAO 🤣

82pqcp4f6cqs.jpeg
    h8iyaynps81y.jpeg
    w2l666m36y9u.jpeg
    to2yis2zdqmb.jpeg
    smjny5oc0kcg.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2021
    Options
    TUESDAY the 5th!

Good morning ladies!

Regarding the TP, there was a factor that didn't get a lot of press. A large segment of the population goes to work at places that have rest rooms with the industrial-sized TP rolls. Suddenly most of these people are at home, so the usage of the home-sized rolls doubles. People start hoarding, emptying the shelves. The factories that make the industrial rolls take a while to change their machinery over to home-size rolls, if they do that at all.

There is an app named Gas Buddy that I used during the recent East Coast pipeline hack situation. The app tells you which stations have gasoline & diesel and what the pricing is. I wonder if this would work for you Nikki, and if not, maybe there's a similar app for you.

I've got an appraiser coming to look at the house today. This is for the divorce. I won't be moving anywhere, thank goodness. This will be the first person that has been in the house in a very long time. Weird.

I enjoyed some really crappy food yesterday. The scale tracked it for me. 😉

Lana

263.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy I liked the memes you posted, I just couldnt resist.

338txj94v72l.png

6ydn1inc22zu.png

One more piece of quiche left, tomorrow is looking busy as I will go drop off knitted items to church have an apt zoom one and will discuss my medicine, then I am going to work to get flu shot and with any luck have lunch with a coworker.

Afternoon is up for grabs and it is quite likely to be ZZZZ time.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xs5dceo4nfsc.jpeg
    *** October 6th ***

Good morning all~~

One eye is open, maybe. I'm up too early - couldn't get back to sleep. Brain running at full speed, so body must follow....

BBL

Lana

263.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy I liked the memes you posted, I just couldnt resist.

338txj94v72l.png

6ydn1inc22zu.png

One more piece of quiche left, tomorrow is looking busy as I will go drop off knitted items to church have an apt zoom one and will discuss my medicine, then I am going to work to get flu shot and with any luck have lunch with a coworker.

Afternoon is up for grabs and it is quite likely to be ZZZZ time.

Haha love the memes!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hello Fresh # 2

724fefnqy130.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy how many do these meals serve? And the meal came with everything food wise?

I am having baked potato with chili for dinner.

Got flu shot and yes that shoulder hurts which is why I always ask that it not be the arm I write with.

Two more days until weekend.....

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy how many do these meals serve? And the meal came with everything food wise?

I am having baked potato with chili for dinner.

Got flu shot and yes that shoulder hurts which is why I always ask that it not be the arm I write with.

Two more days until weekend.....

It came with basically everything but the salt and pepper and cooking oil. It’s 4 servings! It’s been fun cooking and I’m keeping the recipes for use later.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    z9dsch7pqgtl.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    *** THURSDAY ***

Missy - the enchiladas look amazing! Is that your blue baking dish? Gorgeous!

Lana
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Loving the TP memes, it was chaos wasn’t it? Must admit I didn’t even think about the impact of people working from home suddenly as both hubby and I have been working from home for years but it’s a very good point.

Those enchiladas look amazing. We have Hello Fresh but honestly I’ve always thought those things were a bit of a gimmick so never really looked into them. How many calories in a serving? I’m trying to stick with my low calorie plan as it does seem to be working. Just under 4lbs gone this week which is fab!

Crazy work week for me though, I work supporting ex service personnel in getting charitable grants and I’d usually only get a couple of new cases a week, this week I’ve had 12 so no real time to do anything! Hoping it’ll slow down soon, but I did manage to get the homeless chap housed so that’s made it worth it!

Better get back to it! Happy Thursday all 😊
  • gemwolf110
    edited October 2021
    Options
    *** THURSDAY ***

Missy - the enchiladas look amazing! Is that your blue baking dish? Gorgeous!

Lana

Yes it is! It’s my favorite one!
    Hi ladies,

Loving the TP memes, it was chaos wasn’t it? Must admit I didn’t even think about the impact of people working from home suddenly as both hubby and I have been working from home for years but it’s a very good point.

Those enchiladas look amazing. We have Hello Fresh but honestly I’ve always thought those things were a bit of a gimmick so never really looked into them. How many calories in a serving? I’m trying to stick with my low calorie plan as it does seem to be working. Just under 4lbs gone this week which is fab!

Crazy work week for me though, I work supporting ex service personnel in getting charitable grants and I’d usually only get a couple of new cases a week, this week I’ve had 12 so no real time to do anything! Hoping it’ll slow down soon, but I did manage to get the homeless chap housed so that’s made it worth it!

Better get back to it! Happy Thursday all 😊

It’s 960 for 6 enchiladas