Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    tla7mqttoujh.jpeg
    *** December 17 ***

Good grief am I sick. 😰 I don't know what I have, but it is odd. All stuffed up, sneezing, but no sore throat. Major cough, but no aches or fever or chills. I'm vaxxed and boosted and masked, but ya never know...I was indeed traveling a week ago, so I'm going for a Covid test today.

Sara - thank you for what you said. Hugs 🤗

Waves to Missy and Tracy and Sherry and Britt and everyone else who stops by today~~

Lana

264.4 today

I hope you feel better soon! And that it’s just a head cold. There’s still other viruses and bugs flying around. Sending virtual chicken soup and tea with honey and lemon.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Thur: Back and the workout portion of Insanity CPR ABX.
    Fri: 30min Ellip. 25min Bob Harper Yoga Road Warrior

My Wrist is just not quite right, felt that trying to rest it was a good idea. Ibuprofen may be a good idea also so I decided to do my weekly Yoga and cardio to help rest the body. The best thing about the Elliptical is that it's non-impact.

@Tilliesmommy1 - Nice that you have a stand-up desk and it's helping you. I don't have a water intake issue most of the time, but yes, when I am CRAVING sweets, water is exactly what I should do (or even a diet soda, anything liquid probably would help).

LanaCabana537 - I'm glad you found an answer. Sometimes, just having a few examples of answers helps get my brain working.

Rainy and cooler here over the weekend....blech..... But it does give me a reason to make chili.

+++ I already know that, when I drink enough water/zero cal. I crave less crap.
    +++ I already know that, when I overeat, I beat myself up and I'm very cranky, upset, angry and ashamed of myself
    +++ I already know that when I workout too much my body gets really sore and I have to take rest days
    +++ I already know that if I applied - working out normally, eating just my proper portions(not over!), listening to motivation/meditation/etc. I would stay in the zone of being able to lose just a little and be a LOT happier to myself and my family.

I type too much. Sorry if that's a huge problem.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Todays question: -- I think I will change the word TODAY to THIS WEEKEND

What could get in the way of your progress TODAY
    and what will you do to protect yourself against that barrier?
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    This weekend, both kids are at the house. If I do cookie baking, the sweets could be tempting.
    My ideal health goals for the weekend:
    + Eat only my portions/calorie range.
    + Stay active (even with the cold temps).

Contemplating meal preping for next week as well. Somehow having the food all ready (heat and eat) helps a TON.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Oh. Boy. Has it been a week. I totally derailed my goals. It was an extra stressful week at work and I ate my stress to gain 1.4 lbs and now at officially highest weight of 226. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ Christmas break cannot come soon enough. I think it’s time to look for a new career. I started my personal statement for grad school yay 😀 now to finish it lol.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    mxb7brw78bw0.jpeg
    *** December 18 ***

Good morning y'all~~

Yes, Sherry the weather is quite dreary here today.....blech!

AOTW: What would get in the way?....my being sick + the gray, dark day could send me towards indulgent eating, but after I send this, I'm remembering all of the healthy foods I have here.

I've got string beans, frozen chicken breasts, frozen cooked shrimp, and little yellow potatoes that are tasty even when eaten plain. Also I have a bag of little apples for treats. And.....I'm remembering that I wanted to make a small batch of steel cut oats.

Missy - keep on chugging along. You can do this! The holiday break will give you a chance to regroup. 👍🏻 I haven't looked at your weather up north, but maybe you can take the floofs for a couple of longer walks? I'm cheering you on with your grad school application!

Waving to Tracy and Sara and anyone else who stops by later on 🌺

Lana

262.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I know I meant to post this morning, but reality got in the way.... it was a phone call/coworker and I were supposed to go have dinner (it was supposed to be for my bday but I was in the hospital....). She baby sat for a neighbor and turns out the kid is sick, so she was posing the question - shall we go?? I said heck no stay home take care of yourself and we can have this dinner in January.

Food choices here are better and my non-hospitalized weight is still 8 pounds lighter. In the Onehundred club finally.

Cold here will wrap up like a mummy.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    wajq4fnfiw6x.jpeg
    *** December 19th ***

Good morning Sara ☀️
    Big congratulations on getting to Onederland! That is so awesome. It must lift you up to see that number! I am so happy for you 💖

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

262.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

My morning flew by. Church and then after church and then lunch.

Making pink baby blanket and ordered more yarn online so that I have enough - and archway gingerbread cookies - those I get after Christmas and that is okay.

Overcast and gray so good day to stay in and sew up hem on pants and pay bills.

More coffee needed as well.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Monday

standing water in sink, made work order. great way to start week, running to work.

Stopping by later.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Aw, Sara, the standing water in sink is upsetting. Yes, an icky way to start the week.
    Still, I hope that your work day goes well. Hang in there 🤗

I'm feeling a bit better....the sneezing and constantly running nose has eased. Cough/congestion is still here, along with lack of energy. Gotta keep chugging along though. Maybe a small walk on my own, because we are having a gorgeously sunny day here.

Sherry, what's our question of the day?

Wishing all a good day today.

Lana

261.4 today
    271.2 highest
    246.0 first day of Spring goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Came home and sink was all taken care of!!! That was nice.

Lana did you get outside and walk? Rain for the week starts tonight, so I caught a little bit of sun today and it was very appreciated.

Very cold here so will get a warm drink for "dessert".

Hang in there stay safe and sane.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    q4vk59nnf5tg.jpeg
    *** December 21 ***

Good morning 🌧

Sara - good news about that kitchen sink!

I have not gotten out for a walk. This chest cold is making me feel quite weak. I feel ambitious when I first get up, but then I sink down soon afterwards. I do need to get out to the grocery store today.

Waves to all who stop by later on 🌊🌊🌊

Lana

261.4 today
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Lana - Love that you said "Keep Chugging all the way" reminds me to drink my water.
    And as I type this, I have figured out what that little blue dot is I found...its the mouse to my laptop. LOL.
    QUestion will be below! Being a part of this new group just got lost in my daily shuffle.

@Tilliesmommy1 YAY on the 100' club! You've got this!!!
    You mentioned heming..... I am working on a printed needle work towel as my 'sewing project' something to keep me out of the kitchen!

accountability:
    Dec 19: Total Body
    Dec 20: Back, at our clubhouse fitness center
    Dec 21: Chest and Tricep

I hope to get in ab work tonight. I had written it on the schedule for 2-3 times a week
    Also on my schedule is mindset mantras to repeat in the morning and sometime before night. I've been reading a book and it has a "mindset workout" - which has 2 deep breaths, mantras, then visualizing yourself being successful and another deep breath. Should take roughly 5mins. depending on how detailed you visualize. They recommend visualizing in as much detail as possible. "Oragnize Tomorrow Today" is the book.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    What do you need to do to keep your Strong Reasons at the forefront of your mind when you need them most?

So for this question, You're thinking of your primary goal.

For me it is eating less sweets and gaining some glimmer of hope at losing that 4#. My secondary goal would be to improve my HIGH cholesterol levels. I just don't get how a lady who works out 1hr a day, eats 80% healthy, is 108# and still has a bad cholesterol # of over 200. I was told from a Holistic friend that SUGAR is a high culprit. Sorry, I digress.

Back to your primary goal.
    What are your STRONG REASONS for wanting this ?
    then,
    WHAT do you NEED to do to keep your STRONG REASONS at the FORE FRONT of your mind when you need them the most?

This is really a good question as we go thru the 23rd. 24th, 25th, 26th. Keeping a STRONG REASON for NOT over indulging is what comes to my mind first. What do I need to do to keep that STRONG REASON in my mind, so that I can easily say "NO thankyou".

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Question of the day:
    My primary goal - eating less sugar
    What are your STRONG REASONS for wanting this? to improve my high cholesterol, bring it into a normal range. To also lose the 4# I keep holding on to.

What do you need to do to keep your STRONG REASONS at the forefront of your mind when you need it the most ?
    I will answer that tomorrow. I'm not sure right now.

• LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    Options
    45u4krdm8kdq.jpeg
    *** December 22 ***

Happy Wednesday all~~

Sherry - In looking for the answer to the last question of "What do you need to do to keep your STRONG REASONS at the forefront of your mind when you need it the most?", I see I must be aware of what causes me to push the strong reasons away and eat off plan.
    I need to be more aware of my eating to self-soothe and reward myself. I also often eat off plan as a trade in for not drinking alcohol, which I don't want to do to "escape" for a while.
    In my case, I suspect that consistent self care, mostly mental self care, is key to keeping myself as stable as possible.

All that thinking was exhausting 🤣

*waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Lana

262.2 today
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    45u4krdm8kdq.jpeg
    *** December 22 ***

Sherry - In looking for the answer to the last question of "What do you need to do to keep your STRONG REASONS at the forefront of your mind when you need it the most?", I see I must be aware of what causes me to push the strong reasons away and eat off plan.
    I need to be more aware of my eating to self-soothe and reward myself. I also often eat off plan as a trade in for not drinking alcohol, which I don't want to do to "escape" for a while.
    In my case, I suspect that consistent self care, mostly mental self care, is key to keeping myself as stable as possible.

OH SOOOOO insightful! 100% love your answer.

I agree, its realizing what is causing me to push the STRONG reasons aside and eat off plan, even though I know it's going to stop my progress.

I do eat to self soothe - Hubby is in a mood these days, so trying NOT to self soothe when he's grumpy.
    I do eat as a reward for being "good". Where my reward should be a good book, a walk alone, a call to my mom, a sweater.
    I eat off plan as a way to escape.... having both kids in the household after them not being here for 2 years is different and has pivoted all of us. The kids are not used to having a mom and dad around 24x7 and we are certainly used to being just 2 of us, not 4. And I need (or we need) to help guide them away from the nest once again.

So, what do I need to do to keep MY STRONG REASONS at the forefront of MY mind when I need it the most? I need to realize that If I am going to make progress towards my goals, that I don't need to self soothe, reward myself or escape by using food. To make progress that makes me happy and joyful, I need to be STRONG and remember my GOALS. Because making progress towards my goals will make me happier, joyful and have a better mindset as I relate to the other people in the household.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Accountability: Yoga (Bob Harper, youtube); Kickboxing(youtube, TaeBo).

Great workouts that were therapeutic as well. Kickboxing is my goto for a stress reliever and, it happens to be okay for my shoulders and chest and doesn't over use any muscles. Kinda a recovery workout for me I guess. Yoga - Bob Harper is great. This was just delightful. If you haven't tried any of his Yoga's that are on YOUTUBE, you should give it a go. Totally loved today's workout mix.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Hard rain last night, but not so bad this morning,

Strong reasons stay in the front of my mind when I see success on the scale, otherwise it is a free for all..... I am currently seeing good direction, so my motivation is talking to me more.

Did almost all of my to do list. I have to wrap a large blanket, luckily I have paper, bags are too small.

One of my coworkers, she moved out of area but works remotely, sent me a set of acrylic paint pens - so I can paint my own rocks. Not sure what else I would do with the pens yet. I am making a list of what to put on rocks and then hide them in the parking lot again. My source for the painted rocks dried up and it has been awhile since I have done this.

I came online to see if my grocery delivery got messed up, good news- no email saying this cannot be completed/delivered. Nice as it is so wet out and last minute shoppers are sometimes bad drivers....

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.