Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    s56uuy3wupx7.jpg
    *** January 15 ***

Tracy and Sherry, are you getting ready for this storm? I am nervous about a power loss. 😬

Lana

258.6 today

Good morning, Cabana Crew!

Lana, so sorry they are calling ice for you. I'm not too worried about power outages with this storm. That usually happens with freezing rain and overhead power lines. The weather casters are not expecting freezing rain here and my area has underground power.

My boss told me not to come in Monday. As a matter of fact, he basically told me to come and go at the office as I please.

On the mask situation, we've been wearing them full time since the beginning. However, we have to wear surgical masks. N95 are not allowed because they have to be fit tested.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Good evening,

Got a new filter for my air purifier and it is almost magical how much better it is to sleep and my sinus are not as bad.

Watched soccer and the underdog tied up the game and that was so much fun to watch.

Finished one of my shawls that I will donate to church for either someone who needs one to stay warm or someone who wants to donate some $$$ to church.

Another zoom service tomorrow, so not sure what rest of day will bring.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member
    6sm4bn61ln6n.jpeg
    *** January 16 ***

Good morning all 🌨

Tracy - I'm glad that you will not have ice. That is very cool about your power lines being underground. I'm in a very old neighborhood, and all it takes is for one branch or tree to cause a problem with a power line, and they shut down the whole area until they can repair that one line.
    Crossing fingers.
    Tracy - any word on the possible February work-trips?

Sherry - I'm assuming if Tracy is good with the storm that you are good with the storm.

Sara - you enjoy your day.

Waving to Missy up north and waving to anyone who stops by later on 🌼

Lana

259.8 today
    271.2 highest
    246.0 lofty goal for first day of spring
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Church via zoom glad- just to see people in any manner possible-, dropped off my Walmart bags that are used for food pantry on Tuesday and shawl. Will start shawl #2 today. Also looking for patterns to crochet hearts for 02/14

Have a salad jar and do not need to fill completely but I have greens mix and coleslaw mix which adds crunch. Oil and vinegar might just be the dressing as it goes w/ most things.

Lana your ## are lower and good going !! Keep up the good work.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Phew 😮‍💨 today was a busy day at the retail job there was so many customers out buying stuff!
  • LanaCabana537
    vyidjha6z7ai.jpeg
    *** January 17 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

Sara - you are right about seeing people on Zoom is much better than not seeing people at all.
    Yes - Valentine's Day is coming. I've always liked that day because it is cheerful and goes beyond couples, you know?

Missy - how are things up north? Will you have any trouble getting to work today? We can see forecasts, but it's hard to know how much snow people got.

Waving to Sherry and Tracy and anyone else who pops by later on 🌴

Sadly, four days in a row of no exercise seems to be showing up at the scale. Yikes.

Lana

260.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,300 Member
    vyidjha6z7ai.jpeg
    *** January 17 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

Sara - you are right about seeing people on Zoom is much better than not seeing people at all.
    Yes - Valentine's Day is coming. I've always liked that day because it is cheerful and goes beyond couples, you know?

Missy - how are things up north? Will you have any trouble getting to work today? We can see forecasts, but it's hard to know how much snow people got.

Waving to Sherry and Tracy and anyone else who pops by later on 🌴

Sadly, four days in a row of no exercise seems to be showing up at the scale. Yikes.

Lana

260.2 today

It snowed over night but then turned to monsoon with heavy winds the sunny and wind
  • LanaCabana537
    bhv73o0p2t7d.jpeg
    *** January 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I'm waffling between staying up or going back to bed...

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

259.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Glad have tomorrow off, Monster is in high gear as her new boss is on site.

Got my new masks and the ear loops look more flexible than the ones that hurt my ears Friday.

Just into the one hundred crowd again. After dinner snacking gets me too often.

• LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    rtayc2e4a68h.jpeg
    *** January 19 ***

It's Wednesday! Yay!
    I'm trying to cheer myself up and find some motivation. I am starting to do my Lana travel-cringe dance. I have to go up to NYC on Saturday, and it's supposed to snow on Friday, and I hate hate hate going anywhere when it's cold, especially New York City. Blechhhhh. Important medical appointments; must go.

*🌴Cabana Boys hurrying over with some spray Valium🌴*

There. That's better.

Sara - enjoy your day away from The Monster!

Lana

259.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Thank you Lana, I got a lot done. Glad your spray valium helped. Cold and snow never make travel easier but go you need to - get rewards.....

Having a salad with soy sauce chicken breast (3 were in the crock pot all day....). Went earlier today to church to make dinners.

Got a lot done today and my list is finished- phew.

Knitting and then z time.

• LanaCabana537
    8mn1k8f1z856.jpeg
    *** January 20 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started.

Sara - I'll be curious to know if Monster "performs" or otherwise puts on an act for her new boss. As you often say - keep your head down.
    Good karma--all of that charity work that you do. ✨🧡✨

Waving to Missy and Tracy and Sherry and anyone else who stops by today~~

Lana

259.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Last night the lady made carrot pudding (hot dish) - carrots, sautéed onions,ritz crackers and grated cheese. Mash carrots, smash crackers, put into greased oven dish - I will make it soon as I like carrots.

Tomorrow I get teeth cleaned at dentist and they need all the help they can get. Too much coffee. But I will try and pick up the better toothpaste and the hydroxide cleaner for my teeth "plates" - I ran out a couple months ago.

Dinner was chicken breast made from last night on french bread and hummus -peanut m/ms for dessert and bag is done. Started off so well calorically and then dropped down a hole........

• LanaCabana537
    akml4u9d3uj7.jpeg
    *** January 21 ***

Good morning everybody 👋🏻

It is a tad chilly here in the Carolinas. How is it where you all are? I'm thinking that Sara's area is the warmest.....

Lana

260.8 today
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Good morning ladies!!

It's been a hot minute since I've been on here. But I just found out I am maid of honour in my good friends wedding, and that I'm supposed to go to hawaii in the summer with my other friend for her wedding. So I need to get smaller!!! I'm living alone now (just went through a break up) so I should be able to control myself. The gyms just opened back up again so that will be good too. I was working out so much in November and December, but then they closed down where I am because of COVID. Thankfully, they re-opened.

You ladies are amazing, still here and supporting each other. I'm happy to be back.

DAY ONE

Have a good day!
  • LanaCabana537
    zcbq30ylfxsn.png
    *** January 23 ***

Happy Sunday ☀️

Jordanna - it is so good to see you!!! When is the wedding that you are in? It seems that there's nothing like a wedding to get people all fired up to get smaller, as you said. Run with it! Use that good energy to get yourself going in the right direction 👍🏻

A friend of mine texted me a cool thing today. Sorry it's a bit huge, but I think the idea is pretty cool!

ok65n56a1jr8.jpg

Lana

263.4 Oh my gosh, the Chinese food!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Spent time in the kitchen and made a small amount of the carrot side dish - need to get more carrots and make a larger portion. Also cooked up spinach - dinner will be those two and dont know what else.

Okay it may be warmest here, but that is usually the case- its when it gets over 100 degrees that few people are jealous.

Scarf on needles is neon yellow, bright pink, and bright orange. Not quite blinding but close.

I got a nice stoneware casserole dish with lid at a thrift store made in Japan (googled it made in the 1970's) so next time I have more carrots and make my carrot dish it will be big enough. I also got 3 tops and a sweater so nice day at the thrift store.

Got 6k walking yesterday and was asleep almost immediately last night and did not wake up sore, so I can increase my daily steps.

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks Lana! It's good to be back. The wedding I am in is on October 9th. But then my other friend wants me to go to hawaii for her bachelorette in the summertime too. So lots of reasons to lose some weight! I'm feeling good. I have the whole week off to do some cooking and prep some healthy stuff. My back is bad right now, but I'll go to the gym as soon as I can. I loved it there, I was having a lot of fun with the free weights. COVID shut all our gyms down in BC for weeks, but they are finally open again.

Here's to day two!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    9q1xrob0p472.jpeg
    *** January 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - what is this carrot side dish you speak of? I love carrots, but always eat them plain because I don't know anything else.
    It's nice to hear about your scoring some treasures at the thrift store. Good for you!

Jordanna - good news about the gym being open again. It's nice that you have a week off. If I remember correctly, you are a nurse, and you've probably been over-worked for a long time. Do whatever light exercises you can to help your back. (...and I will do the same!)

Waving to Missy and Sherry and Tracy in Tennessee and anyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

260.6 today, whew~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - carrot dish is 4 items - cooked to soft carrots mashed, sauteed onion,ritz crackers (I pulverized them -dont make them dust like I did) and shredded cheddar cheese - that's why I bought casserole dish. Grease baking pan/dish and heat to melt all flavors together at medium temp.

Everyone's monthly eval at work is just delightful. Dragon breath is enjoying life too much. I am looking forward to speaking to her Supervisor...... That said trying to lay low.

Aiming for 4500 steps a day.