Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    od4olfgzwbfx.jpeg
    *** February 6 ***

I am so glad that I weigh daily, because if I didn't, I would shoot myself this morning, my "official" weigh in day.

Lana

271.2 highest
    263.2 ⬆️ today 😩

Good Morning!

I think I need to start weighing daily. Will keep me more on track so I’m not going wth on official weigh in day.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    9jkh1xbt780v.jpeg
    *** February 5 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Sara - how are you feeling today?

Missy - how fabulous that you have a day off today! Whew!

I hope that the rest of The Cabana Crew is doing OK 🌴

I have a phone visit today with a long-time work colleague that I had gotten out of touch with once I had to retire. They texted me; I wonder what's driving that. I will let you know....

My meals are planned for the day mostly because I need damage control for my weigh in (home) tomorrow.

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

261.0 today

Day off was great got a lot of projects done and some projects planned out. Went to church with my family which was nice.

How did the phone visit go?
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Good morning everyone!

I had a bad bad night last night. I was looking at Saturdays as kind of my flex, cheat day...but yesterday I had two servings of pie and half a chocolate bar haha. I did well for food during the day and ate healthy, but then completely fell off the rails at night. Today is a new day! This week will be a new week. Last I weighed in I was 200.2lbs, which means I am SO CLOSE to onederland. This is the lowest weight I have been in years. My scrubs are getting loose.

So I'm going to try and be healthy and track everything today. I'm getting my hair done, so I'm going to get dressed up and put on some make up. Ever since I've been single, I've been definitely stepping up my appearance game and caring more about how I leave the house during the day haha.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

- Jordanna
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good afternoon,

Having a laying low weekend. Walking, reading, and a nap after walking.

Only symptom of booster is my hair falling out more than usual.

Not sure about dinner, but it will be the easiest thing I can do. That's how lazy I am today.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Monday, February 7

Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Update on last Tuesday's rheumatologist appointment. He diagnosed fibromyalgia and prescribed Cymbalta. After 4 doses, I have decided I cannot tolerate the side effects. I will be sending a message to him today.

The only side effect I actually enjoy is that I can't eat. . . at all. The rest are not pleasant and could possibly lead to losing my job.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited February 2022
    db7dybsx8hb8.jpeg
    *** February 7th ***

Good morning all~~

Boy am I blurry this morning! *waving at Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Tracy - glad that you got a diagnosis, but it's a bummer about the Cymbalta. Maybe a lower dose and take it at night because of drowsiness? OR go with another med. I hope that things get better for you soon 🤗

Sara - yikes about the hair falling out!

Jordanna - Look at you! Standing at the gate of Onederland! ☀️

Missy - That is nice that you have family very near~~

My phone visit with the old colleague was so great. At the time I was diagnosed with the BC back in 2016, I didn't know if I would be returning to work. I was like a deer in the headlights and did not tell anyone what was going on; I just went "on leave". DH at the time had split for the greener pastures Las Vegas, so he wasn't around to field any inquiries.
    So this one guy reached out after all these years to see how I was doing. Very rare and much appreciated!

Lana

261.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana!! Nice when someone you liked and worked with "dropped by", and yes they are rare.

Crazy day at work the short list was things that actually worked. Found a notice for Jury Duty in my mail box. Yes it is mine. I put it in my bag to take to work and file it for potential day(s) off from work. At this point I would rather be dealing with the craziness of the justice system than my boss.

Cheese broccoli soup and the rest of my cheetos. Scale is keeping good track.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    imv2nmuc9bv1.jpeg
    *** February 8 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - my sister just received her notice for jury duty. I wonder: are there certain times of the year that they send out notices for jury duty? I have not yet received one here in NC even though it's been two years that I've been registered to vote here. Huh. I'm actually looking forward to it to have something interesting and different to do with myself.

Waving to Sherry and Tracy and Missy and Jordanna ☀️

Lana

261.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana it is just the law of averages, with jury duty. My father enjoys it, gets him out of the house etc. There might be more courtrooms open (judges available) after the holidays - so there may be a "down season" but I am guessing.

xgy6u254pjv3.png

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane.

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    0ooo033ahuat.jpeg
    *** February 9***

Just getting us started..... I'm rushing to be ready on time to walk with the ladies.....

BBL

Lana

262.4 scale is tracking the sweets
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana - dont you love how the scale reminds you of your naughtiness????

Went to deposit a check and see my hairdresser (in same building) and I asked about what was going on with my hair falling out and she said that I need to see a dr and so I have an apt on Monday.

Gee it is always the first thing I want to do when I wake up - go see a dr...... but then I am weird.

Will make an upgraded shepherds pie ( adding spinach and extra cheese) after food delivery after lunch.

I think walking will help me today.

Wishing all a good day - stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    e8za9h9x3mkr.jpeg
    *** February 10 ***

Good morning all~~

I am so grateful for two days in a row with sunshine and blue skies!

Sara - I hope that you can find an answer about your hair.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana

262.8 today
  • stephenedwards332
    stephenedwards332 Posts: 11 Member
    Thought I'd drop a post here. I've stopped and started again over the years but my weight peaked at an all time high and I just couldn't accept it anymore so here I am.
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Huge milestone today. I FOUND ONEDERLAND!!! This is the first time I've seen the 190's in over 4 years. I FEEL SO GREAT!! I have been eating better. I still have chocolate at the end of the day, and I'm still loosing weight so I don't feel deprived.

Today I'm going with my friend to try on wedding dresses for her wedding. I'm going to get all dressed up, curl my hair and put a dress on. Ever since I've been single, I've been working harder at my appearance and trying to put myself together before I go out. It's actually boosting my confidence. I also did some online shopping which is always fun.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday!

- Jordanna
  • LanaCabana537

Welcome to Stephen 👋🏻 You are motivated!!

Jordanna - I am so happy for you that you are inspired to put yourself together when going out. I hope that your friend was able to find something that she likes.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Stephen welcome we are here for the same reason. Take things slowly and with kindness to yourself.

I can see Friday from here!!!

Jordanna - yay!!!! you did the hard work and it paid off. Wedding dresses seem to be such a stressful thing. Hope you both find something wonderful.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    xk65a43f9apa.jpeg
    *** February 11 ***

Happy Friday everyone~~

The Cabana Boys are planning a great Happy Hour for us. It's about time. 🌴

* hat and beach bag are on lounge chair for later *

Lana

262.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Sorry its late - got sidetracked - at least I brushed my teeth to stop munching/inhaling.

Very glad it is Friday. Happy Hour? On my way.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2022
    ss6faq4n1tyt.jpeg
    *** February 12 ***

Good morning~~

Boy, I woke up in the middle of the night (3:30) and I could not get back to sleep, so I am shuffling around the house with a cup of coffee, trying half-heartedly to assemble an easel that got delivered yesterday.

I know that I have gotten old when I realize what a drag it will be to get down in order to sit down on the bare floor to put some of this stuff together - and realize 5 times that I forgot something and have to get back up to get it!

So I came here to avoid doing that for now. 🤣

Lana

262.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

The floor is no longer my friend. You will get it done - do you have one of those one step step-stools? I know you are tall but still.....

No agenda for today so we shall see what happens.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.