Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    ifzqfrniczxb.jpeg
    *** May 8 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - good to see you! How many rooms are you painting? In the past I've been shameless about not washing the walls before painting. Is your paint color choice a light neutral, or have you gotten a color-color!?
    Hopefully the pups will not help you with this project 🤣

Sara - your rice-peppers-onions-orange chicken sounds yummy! Indeed you did very well on your steps yesterday. I hope that you have a rejuvenating day today.

The weather is still rainy here, but I will get out and run some errands and get some steps in. Today's plan is to sort and shred a stack of old medical/disability paperwork. Very exciting!

Waves to everyone who stops by today~~

Lana

267.0 today

I’m being very ambitious and going to do the entire interior- bedrooms, hallways, kitchen, living room and basement. I got the Valspar, silver dusk in satin. Going to look great when done. Now just gotta find time to do it.
  • gemwolf110
    Good morning just,

Happy Mother's day for those who have children or mothers still living.

I am looking to see about getting a new dog as I have one more car payment. Then to see if I can not work 10 hours a day. Gears are shifting slowly.

Rest is on tap today. Boss is off tomorrow so I also get a vacation.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there,

Awe what kind of dog do you think you may get?
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Mother’s Day!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    edited May 2022
    kc2l25gqcd4g.jpeg
    *** May 9 ***

Missy - the new paint job sounds exciting!! Wow!

Sara and everyone else - hoping that your Monday is a good one!

I've got sorting and tossing on my schedule today.

Lana

264.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

I have a feeling word of mouth will be my best option for a new dog, but we shall see. Cannot afford to buy one and I intend to spend $$ on food/pet insurance so I'd rather not start out in "dog debt". Small dog 15 pounds or less in case I have to pick up dog.

Two coworkers are going home to work after tomorrow. One is driving me bananas with endless repeat questions so I can ignore the messaging when they are at home.

Cold wind from south and some big clouds will give our mountains to the east some rain. Dont care where as long as we get some.

Laundry load needed and will call it an early night. Food choices are moving in a better direction ....

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    uj95wurb2tjh.jpeg
    *** May 10 ***

Almost forgot to stop by the Cabana Club!

Busy day; headache.

Soup for lunch, and maybe soup for dinner.

Sara, the reason I have shut up about a dog comes down to many concerns, and money is the top one. My bestie suggested doing volunteer dog walking at the shelter, and that might be something for me. I'm a little fearful though because our shelter has mostly pitties, and I'm a bit afraid of them..... what to do....

Lana

264.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Trying to adopt more WW ideas as it was what worked. Bought premade salads (checked sodium content and if too hot spicy).

Lana- I hear you about the money part with dogs, which is why I havent run out and gotten one on a whim.

I am now looking for a coat rack to hang all the knitting project bags I have on the floor trying to start potential dog "proofing". I figure I will find them as I go so no hurry.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there,

• LanaCabana537
    91djjlcv9hbo.jpeg
    *** May 11 ***

Just getting us started.

BBL

Lana

265.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Slept most of today but still have 3k of steps.

Psychiatrist wants me to contact HR to see if I can use FMLA so that I do not have a 10 hour day as it is just too exhausting.

Enjoying my first salad of many. Weight is ugly.

• LanaCabana537
    rpaw3a70us1y.jpeg
    *** May 12 ***

'morning all~~

Sara - Did your psychiatrist write a letter on your behalf I hope? I'm hoping that you get the relief you seek. Big hugs 😘

Yesterday's errands netted me 4.75 miles of walking, or 10K+ steps. I am not accustomed to that, so things are hurting today. I must do the laundry today, which is a workout in itself, just getting to and from the laundromat. I do not miss living this way and cannot wait 'til NYC is completely in my rearview mirror - maybe late fall of this year?

*waving to Cabana Boy for more half-caf*

Lana

265.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Did not need a letter as the manager does not agree with the 4/10 schedule and starting Monday I am working 5 days a week. I get an hour more time in the morning and an hour after work so that I can stop living in sleep mode. Also makes getting a dog a little easier - dog walks and time between dog walks.

So things are improving on that front.

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    cyafb3sv5h15.jpeg
    *** May 13th ***

Oh my goodness!!! Miss Sara, that is such happy, happy news! What a wonderful change for you. Things are looking up ☀️

Therefore, Philippe and The Boys will be having a very special Friday Happy Hour at The Cabana Club.🌴
    I hear that there will be a few new hires for us to rest our eyes on. Mmmm. 🤩

Lana

264.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    *** May 14 ***

Happy Saturday all~~

I am going to take myself to a museum today--always good for clocking some steps.
    What are your plans?

Edit to add: 🧀 SARA! There is a grilled cheese festival this weekend in Sacaramento! OMG!
    https://www.sacgrilledcheese.com/?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220514&instance_id=61387&nl=the-morning&regi_id=79419248&segment_id=92268&te=1&user_id=70924a60371da6ddc84c79dd25d50914

Wow, that is a lengthy link, isn't it?

Lana

265.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana - that is a ridiculous link - but I had Grilled Cheese and ham on Thursday at work...... Stockton a nearby city just had an asparagus festival and I would consider a Grilled Cheese and asparagus sandwich....

Dont worry my hairdresser's daughter told me the Korean Fried Chicken place just opened and it was between the hairdresser and Target. Got the Garlic/Honey option. Have enough to make rice and have 2 more meals.

Got some good steps in at Target looking for an MP3 player - got a cd player instead (items are not in stock making wall look bare.....) as I get Tuesday off phone and refuse to not have music.

Hotter weather upper 80-low 90 this week - no rain - so time to go through closet and rearrange.

Hope you get your steps in today Lana.

Wishing all a good day . Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2022
    avn6afaxltx0.jpeg
    *** May 15 ***

Oh boy! It's Sunday, and that means I get to go home tomorrow. There's no place like home.

Sara, I did get my steps in yesterday, and I'm hurting because of it. Today will be low key, getting ready to leave.

I do love asparagus !

Lana

265.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    o7wazcbs01e4.jpeg
    *** May 16 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Just getting us started...

*tossing flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.8 today
  • Cruskit0Fairy
    Cruskit0Fairy Posts: 11 Member
    I think there’s a problem with my app - I’ve only just been able to load the community pages? It hasn’t worked for ages 😢 I hope everyone is well, apologies if my posts get more sporadic I’m trying to figure it out
  • LanaCabana537

Cruskit - so nice to see you! I hope that you can re-install your app and get things working again!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Shorter work day is a wonderful improvement. Came home took a nap and now I am eating dinner. Feel more human.

Lana how does your place in NYC feel with less things in it?

Weather is stupid warm here and may hit 100 on Wednesday. I just rolled my eyes.

• gemwolf110
    Good evening!

Hope all is well. It was a pretty steady Monday. I kept saying today that I will take dogs for walk. Well I did and swarming bees in the backyard assisted with that decision. Huskies each got 22 ish minutes bichon only 11 ish minutes. They could have gone for more but it was later as I had to run errands after work and wanted to make sure all dogs got a chance. Home and walked them all in backyard for one last time just before thunderstorms came rolling in. Going to do the same tomorrow but maybe double the dogs up. We will see. Everyone have a great night and hope everyone has a great week if I don’t check in daily as the week sometimes or oftentimes flies right on by.

Missy