Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options
    j3c542ri6ypx.jpeg
    *** June 22 ***

Jesi - I love your ticker! I may have to hunt that one down! Good luck with your moving today/tomorrow. Beware of the possible eating that day. It's so easy to just order pizza. Been there; done that.

Sara - From what you've said in the past, you should have no problem out-sunshining the Monster Boss.
    Keep yourself in the air conditioning and drink your water. ๐ŸŒธ

I have physical therapy today, then some group head therapy, then some yard work subbing in for formal exercise. There is a carpet of pine needles on my roof, and I have to pull it off and then clean up the mess.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.8 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Crazy day at work too many people asking questions and I got my 5k walking. That is the good news. If you saw what I just enjoyed it would be the bad news.

Lana all those calories burned doing exercise and house work. Those things add up.

Half way to Friday, that is worth a lot.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    Options
    h3nta1gc5fzt.jpeg
    *** June 23 ***

Good morning Y'all~~

Just getting us going. I have no idea why the scale is up. Just is.

Have a good day Sara!

BBO

Lana

265.6 today
    productive workout with physical therapist โœ…
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana points for your work out with PT!!! It counts.

Got my 5k in when I walked home. Passed out for too long (I will be up late) - too hot for words. Eating dinner late luckily it is Plain Greek Yogurt with frozen Blueberries and sliced Almonds - dairy and 4 fruit veg done.

Coworker coming back to work for training and I thought I got rid of her. I am not going to assist her she takes too much time - I hope that my boss stays all day today - it was a jump ship call out sick kind of dysfunction day. If that lady has questions she needs to ask the chat line like everyone does.

That said, sorry she crossed me one too many times.

100 degrees out still, have electricity and a/c. Havent always had a/c so I am very blessed today.

I see Friday on the horizon.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    rpzuyg00w254.png
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii!

Moved today, about an hour and 20 minutes from where we were. I didnโ€™t even help unload the last load cause my ankles hurt so bad and I still got 11,858 steps / 4.68 miles in today. (I was in a head on car wreck Dec 2018 and broke most of my body, including both ankles)

My husband gets to golf tomorrow and I get to put stuff away - yay (not) :neutral:

Hoping for even a small loss on my Friday weigh in tomorrow.

Chat at yaโ€™s later!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    Options
    3xrtezl6mobp.jpeg
    *** June 24 ***

Well Friday finally got here.

Jesi - put away some of the kitchen, to have things as YOU want them, and then spend the rest of the "golf time" on yourself. Take a load off of your ankles, and relax. You have forever to put things away. Have DH take you out to dinner.

Sara - I hope that you survive the workday without having to murder co-worker and boss. ๐Ÿ˜

Today I will clock only walking; going up to NYC, but the airports are always good for getting in the steps!

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Jordanna and everyone else out there~~

Lana

266.2 shaking my head
    got in pool for water exercise!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

TGIF - long hard week and came close to losing my cool - but I am home and ready to pass out.

Got over 5k. May have some more fruit before lights out.

Lana - you are correct airports are great places to load on the steps. Safe trip.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

Hope all is well with everyone! Just a quick check in to say hi! Was good with eating this week and while I was away with my dad and stepmom. We ate healthy and were active so I ended up losing weight yay ๐Ÿ˜€ and I think I decided on a program- MBA and just work the ladder up in my industry. I wanted to go back and pursue a PhD but by the time I graduate Iโ€™ll be close to wanting to plan retirement lol so that just doesnโ€™t seem feasible plus there isnโ€™t a program within a reasonable driving distance for me to attend for the PhD. MBA seems much more feasible plus I can work on what I have built now rather than starting all over. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Saturday Missy โ˜€๏ธ
    Congratulations on your losing while on vacation! That is really nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Everything that you've said over the years and said today about your degree makes sense. Go for that MBA!

Sara - I'm glad that you got through your horrible work week without being thrown in the brig!
    What a pain.
    You know what to do: take care of yourself this weekend and rest your mind. Big, Big Hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’›

I did indeed clock 2.5+ miles yesterday, and that was only airports and bus/subway into NYC. That's over 5K steps. Yay!

I ate Chinese food last night as if it were my last meal though.

Lana

266.4 today
    walking โœ”๏ธ
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Did all my errands early have 3400 on pedometer. Crashed and slept after lunch for about 3 hours. The fuzzy head is gone.

Dinner as we speak (early) is greek yogurt, blueberries and almonds (the semi sweet chocolate chips are there too). Kept away from a number of dangerous items at the store. I promised myself ice cream during the week and another day of 101 clinched it. Also bought headache meds for the next week end of fiscal year crunch time.

I have 7 new wordfind books so that will help when I cannot sleep.

Lana- love your airport stroll. Good for you. You are not gaining major poundage so give yourself a break.

Missy - MBA has more transferrable options should you decide to work part time as a consultant post retirement. Glad you made a choice that must be a relief.

Reading/word finds anything to stay inside right now.

Wishing all a good evening. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    96plt2v99l8f.jpeg
    *** June 26 ***

Good morning all~~

I survived yesterday's retirement dinner. I had a plain seltzer to drink and a huge steak and not much else. It was great, as I almost never get a chance to eat something like that.

The weather was sticky and hot and the City was smelly. Blech. Manhattan in the summer is gross.
    In order to get to the restaurant yesterday, I had to walk down through a street festival on Eighth Avenue--litter, food, garbage everywhere, not to mention the throngs of people, all seemingly loving it.
    Gah.

Today I have brunch with one friend and early dinner with another. Much more civilized I hope.

Sara - isn't a good nap wonderful? Clears the head and gives a feeling of being restored. Good for you.
    Enjoy your day my dear. ๐Ÿค—

Waves to all who stop by later on; enjoy your Sunday!

Lana

264.2 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening.

Still triple digits. Ate a lot of cold calories today but I did enjoy it. Going to get my steps over 3k.

Lana - glad you ate well. Think of all the steps you got in. Hope your brunch went well.

Need to put out clothes for tomorrow and then drop. Got reminded just now how long I was in the sun and oops do I have a sunburn so I had to change tops so that area is not exposed. Have a good gel to put on the area tonight. Welcome to summer.

I made a nice gift bag for the person at church I picked as special pal. I have no idea but I hope she likes it. We shall see when I deliver it Sunday. Sitting by front door until then.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    qmw6atyvrpvk.jpeg
    *** June 27th ***

Good morning โ˜€๏ธ

Getting ready to get to the airport. A bit of rain in the forecast makes the body hurt.

Sara - I hope that your friend liked her gift bag. That was very nice of you! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’–

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.0 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hey all! *waves frantically*

Thursday was moving stuff from old house to new house, Friday, Saturday, some of Sunday were moved totes in from garage and put away and some grocery shopping on Sunday.

Step Counts:
    Thurs: 11,892
    Fri: 7,586
    Sat: 7,930
    Sun: 6,934

Not bad finally getting some movement in though my ankles were screamin' all weekend. Not terrible today so I guess I'm a little glad to be planted at my desk most of the day getting caught up from missing Thursday and Friday.

I did have a tiny loss last week but a loss, no matter how tiny, is still better than a gain so I'll take it.

Wish me luck that we don't get lazy and start going to all the fast food places that we now live around (old house had a 20-25 minute drive for anything and now it's 5 minutes :/ )

Have a great week, all! <3
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

7:30 and still 99 oh the life of CA in the summer. I needed to eat by now but I guess I needed sleep more.

Greek yogurt with blueberries/almonds and choc chips.

There is a potluck Friday- Surprise!!- and so I ordered bags of chips and a couple other things to be delivered soon. AHHH the life. I also bought chocolate to take to work as it is last 3 days of fiscal year.

My scale is going down which is a nice change- currently somewhere around 3.5 pounds. Will keep you posted.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    fmp05523jzt2.jpeg
    *** June 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara and Jesi - very inspiring, both of you!

I've got to get myself back on track.....

Lana

267.4 today
    3.3 miles walking (transit + airports) yesterday
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    fmp05523jzt2.jpeg
    *** June 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara and Jesi - very inspiring, both of you!

I've got to get myself back on track.....

Lana

267.4 today
    3.3 miles walking (transit + airports) yesterday

Same here Iโ€™m been off track and seem to keep derailing every time I get back on trackish :-(
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Last hot day for a little bit and I am very happy. Wipes me out this heat.

Had potato chips delivered for a potluck which I took to work,so out of the house. That's the good news..... what is still here is to be rationed and earned.

Poundage on scale is at 4 pounds lost - not a weekly measure just daily.

Missy and Lana - no lectures you remember how to change your eating - start small.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    n3up83c2baoq.jpeg
    *** June 29 ***

It's Wednesday!
    A gray day here, but that's OK.

*tossing beach stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.2 today
    no exercise yesterday