Serial Starters

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    jtophinke wrote: »
    Does anyone actually have active "friends" that you interact with in the news feed or do you just use the community board for support?

I have friends but interact more with the boards for support.

When I first joined MFP 12 years ago, I did both. But now that I am back, most of the people I interacted with either left or gave up on me, which I certainly understand. So, socially, I am starting over, pretty much. But I do try to respond to any comments on my feed.
  • Crochetluvr
    Another busy day today. A friend took me out so I could get my prescriptions and then I made a London Broil dinner for us....came out great! Went a little overboard on the mashed potatoes (I LOVE mashed potatoes) but I didn't go too far over my carb limit. A friend said to look for a movie to go see so I will do that after I am done here.

Tilliesmommy, stay warm! Wave to LanaCabana and everyone! Hope you are all having a great week!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Welcome new posters, we got a few that slipped by me.

Living in extra layers here as freezing temps will find us tonight. Rain - yes I said rain - for some of next couple of days. That's the good news. It was supposed to be all of them. Okay, take what we can get.

Food is doing a little better. My sweet tooth is back so the greasy salty munchies phase is gone for awhile.

I took 4 stockings to work for the temps and myself. Boss does not want her area decorated, she got a small fake tree anyway. Temp wants to get her her own stocking, I said its on you. lt is not even December and I am running out of ideas of things to put in stockings. I would pull out my hair but I got a summer hair cut Saturday.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    edited November 2022
    od6wfmghgl5k.jpeg
    *** November 30 ***

Hi Y'all 👋🏻

Well I am sitting at RDU airport; my flight to NYC is delayed quite a bit because of wind up there along with the rain storm. I am so tired and sleepy.

*waving at Cabana Boy for another cup of coffee* 🌴

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    jtophinke wrote: »
    Does anyone actually have active "friends" that you interact with in the news feed or do you just use the community board for support?

I have friends but interact more with the boards for support.

When I first joined MFP 12 years ago, I did both. But now that I am back, most of the people I interacted with either left or gave up on me, which I certainly understand. So, socially, I am starting over, pretty much. But I do try to respond to any comments on my feed.

Friended you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Rain starting tomorrow, they just painted part of the apartment building. Am I the only one shaking my head?

Getting 5k steps I know is helping me, wish I had more patience.

Lana I hope you were not stranded at the airport for too long.

• gemwolf110
    od6wfmghgl5k.jpeg
    *** November 30 ***

Hi Y'all 👋🏻

Well I am sitting at RDU airport; my flight to NYC is delayed quite a bit because of wind up there along with the rain storm. I am so tired and sleepy.

*waving at Cabana Boy for another cup of coffee* 🌴

Lana

Safe travels! Wind has been crazy in the Northeast
  • gemwolf110
    kz2j5o7c64y8.jpeg

Can’t believe it is already December! Here’s to a new month leading to a new year!
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Missy 👋🏻

Well, I never made it up to NYC yesterday. I'm on an afternoon flight today. I hope that I get there because I have doctors appointments tomorrow!

Everyone have a good day today ☀️

Lana
  • Crochetluvr
    Happy December, everybody! My daughter called me today after I got 2 skeins of black yarn in the mail and I messaged her about it. She wants me to crochet her a winter hat but I was surprised she wanted a black one because she originally told me she wanted green but she said it would go with everything so I said ok. I will start on that tonight.

I got the idea to print out holiday pictures from online on my printer. I am going to buy cheap frames and hang them in a group on one of my walls. An inexpensive way to decorate a wall and laid flat they are easy to store. They printed out great! I will get out to the dollar store for some frames tomorrow.

Keep on keepin' on, everyone!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wet and cold but needed so badly its better to just say thank you.

Lana - hope you get to your apts.

b-b-b-bills paid for now. Nice to be able to not worry if they bounce. They have this past year. Talk about gray hair maker.

Tomorrow is the Friday and that is a nice thing.

• LanaCabana537
    drncv8w4f6wm.jpeg
    *** December 2 ***

Good morning all~~

Yesterday's travels went well. Note to self though: Do not travel into Manhattan at the same time/day as the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony! 🎄

Sara - keep warm my friend! Brrr.....

Crochetluvr - glad to hear that you are pleased with those holiday pictures!

Waving to Missy and all who stop by later on~~

Lana

264.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    maj4wu8i7vke.jpeg
    *** December 3 ***

Good morning all~~

Today I take Amtrak north to visit my cousin for a few days. She eats very healthy, for which I am grateful.

Have a grand day, wherever you are 🌼

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Rain all day long. We need it, and it means snow in the mountains as well.

Good weather to watch movies. Need something warm to drink.

Made 8 sweet potato/black beans/ cheddar cheese and onion burritos - 7 in freezer waiting for me to be lazy or disorganized.

Lana - glad you made it and are on your way for a couple of good days for your soul/spirit and stomach.

Waiting for my order from Walmart. I am going to decorate work with tree ornaments. I have enough yarn.....

• LanaCabana537
    ajmaonask3ax.png
    *** December 4 ***

Sara - glad you having that rain. Wow, those burritos sound very yummy!

It's dreary here today--a good day for watching holiday TV movies.

Waves to peeps who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

After lunch, we got thunder/lightening and hail. I decided it was best to get one of my new battery lanterns out and take a nap. Slept good part of the afternoon.

Movies are on their way here too. Rain will be here most of the week.

• LanaCabana537
    2b08kmcd71gh.jpeg
    *** December 5 ***

Checking in, late in the day. I am quite tired - my cousin is very energetic, and she can wear me out!

Thankfully we are in for the rest of the day!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana, I am glad you are enjoying your visit.

Between storms which is nice so rain can soak in.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Wednesday Night.

Week half over. More rain tomorrow.

Sometimes the only way I know what day it is, is by my Advent calendar or if I have run out of premade lunches.

Hoping the hot pink ornaments arrive as the grey walls at work are annoying me at the moment.

• LanaCabana537
    9b1xspq5mj3j.jpeg
    *** December 8 ***

Good morning all~~

Sorry I've been MIA - too busy and distracted lately.

The weather here in NYC has been poo-ey and no good for walking. Hopefully I can get a few miles in today. I've been in the cave apartment so much - not good for the mood/mental health. I have one more week of this 🐱. Ha ha!

Sara - you are getting hot pink ornaments? We could use something like that at The Cabana Club! 🌴

Waves to all who stop by today ~~

Lana

264.8 today