Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Friday and TGIF all over the place,

Cold and where did my Friday night go? Dang

Taking a challenge through work to eat less sugar next week- right pick Valentine's day the second favorite holiday of dentists - first is Halloween.

Lana hope you are doing better.

Taking as much of my frustration and negative emotion out on my feet and walking more. Feet are not that happy.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

Friday felt like Groundhog Day…wait it was lol. Yeah Valentines Day is all about roses and chocolates. WW leader today jokingly said eat the roses they are 0 points. Lol 😂 I think I might get myself a small box of chocolates. Hope your weekend goes much better!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    j3pxku0gdgtw.png
    *** February 5 ***

Happy Sunday ☀️

Just getting us started today..... Have a good Sunday Y'all!

Lana

261.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Happy Sunday,

Yesterday I fell on concrete and did a good number on my knee. Almost have run out of the big bandages. Good news, I read a book while elevating my legs... and bandages will be delivered tomorrow. I am thinking of calling in Monday to rest my knee longer.

Another good news- my neighbor the nurse said I either go to church or lunch not both- I chose lunch with my gentleman friend and another coworker and her family.

I am officially 5 pounds down from Christmas and in a "decade" of poundage I have not seen in months. While I cannot get the steps in at the moment I can take the sugar challenge seriously and do upper body workout (mirror is not kind at the moment ....).

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Sunday,

Yesterday I fell on concrete and did a good number on my knee. Almost have run out of the big bandages. Good news, I read a book while elevating my legs... and bandages will be delivered tomorrow. I am thinking of calling in Monday to rest my knee longer.

Another good news- my neighbor the nurse said I either go to church or lunch not both- I chose lunch with my gentleman friend and another coworker and her family.

I am officially 5 pounds down from Christmas and in a "decade" of poundage I have not seen in months. While I cannot get the steps in at the moment I can take the sugar challenge seriously and do upper body workout (mirror is not kind at the moment ....).

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.

I hope your knee heals up soon! I’m having sympathy pain for you. Hope your lunch went well. Congrats on the loss! Yup adapt and overcome!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2023
    t67sgi4vhjbt.jpeg
    *** February 6 ***

Sara - 🎉 Big congratulations on being in a lower poundage decade! That is so awesome!! 🎉
    Holy cow about your fall! It sounds as if it is mostly a flesh wound and no damage to knee structure. Whew~~
    Good for you for choosing lunch with friends, which is good for the soul. 💖

Missy - This is an exciting time for you. How are things going with the new work position along with the classes/studies? Are your classes in person or online or both?

The sun has deigned to come out for one day, and I'm going to try to soak up as much of it as possible.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

261.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Called in and took today off. Knee is doing better but I want it to be okay before I put it to the test at work.

Reading a romance novel with my feet up (when I get back to it). Dont usually slow down to read - should start doing that again.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    t67sgi4vhjbt.jpeg
    *** February 6 ***

Sara - 🎉 Big congratulations on being in a lower poundage decade! That is so awesome!! 🎉
    Holy cow about your fall! It sounds as if it is mostly a flesh wound and no damage to knee structure. Whew~~
    Good for you for choosing lunch with friends, which is good for the soul. 💖

Missy - This is an exciting time for you. How are things going with the new work position along with the classes/studies? Are your classes in person or online or both?

The sun has deigned to come out for one day, and I'm going to try to soak up as much of it as possible.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

261.4 today

Class is going great one week down. Aced all of my assignments. It’s all online thank goodness. Haven’t started new position yet. They think I will be in my current position for the next 30 days. Hoping sun stays out longer. Just starting to defrost after the recent arctic blast.
  • gemwolf110
    Good afternoon,

Called in and took today off. Knee is doing better but I want it to be okay before I put it to the test at work.

Reading a romance novel with my feet up (when I get back to it). Dont usually slow down to read - should start doing that again.

Hope your knee feels better soon. Reading can be so relaxing. I need to do more of it and not just reading a textbook.
  • LanaCabana537
    5xf0mry34rbu.jpeg
    *** February 7 ***

Good morning everybody 🐬

Sara - wishing you a good day at work today and continued improvement with your knee!

Missy - very nice that your classes are online - you can do your studies at your convenience. 👍🏻

Time to look at the Do List and see what's what.

*waving at Fabio for a coffee refill* ⛱️

Lana

261.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Did not go to work, got so little sleep it was not worth it. Tomorrow I go back.

Had a dream that I went into a room where there were two ladies and said "I am sorry not my dream" we laughed and I walked out of the room - my brain is amazing sometimes.

Got a nice piece of knitting done. Will finish my book and stream something online.

• gemwolf110
    asihcua6y13l.jpeg

Lana- Yes that’s the wonderful thing about online classes. They have optional lecture and study group which they record. First week I watched the recordings but this week I went to the live. Definitely get more out of it being present for the live.

Sara- hope your knee feels better! Dreams can be so weird sometimes.

Missy
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning all~~

Missy - what a cute little guy with his hat 🥰

Sara - amazing about your dream! How is your knee doing?

Ladies, this morning the scale showed me a "decade" that I have not seen possibly since the summer of 2020! It's given me motivation to work to nail it down 👍🏻

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana

259.6 today
    271.2 highest
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Hi, all👋 I don’t do weight watchers, but I fall under a serial MFP starter. Does that count????? I’m Sue & just really recommitted to calorie counting & consistently exercising again.😊
  • gemwolf110
    empresssue wrote: »
    Hi, all👋 I don’t do weight watchers, but I fall under a serial MFP starter. Does that count????? I’m Sue & just really recommitted to calorie counting & consistently exercising again.😊

Welcome! Yes it does!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - yay! doesnt it feel great to see an old friend on the scale?

Missy- I would need all the help I could get with an online course, so good for doing both. I usually need to be told twice about many things... Love the dog picture

Sue - you are very welcome here. I liked WW but not the $$ and trying to find meetings. Keep us posted on how you are doing and let us know how we can keep you on track.

Speaking of which - first day back to work. Knee did very well. My dinner is way off the charts. I am at least admitting it. I got 3 times the steps I have gotten since Saturday - so onwards and upwards. I am on a limit your sugar week - I did not put sugar in my tea- dinner is a big road bump but tomorrow I will limit sugar again.

• LanaCabana537
    bk31u6qbkat1.jpeg
    *** February 9 ***

Welcome to Sue!

Sara - glad that your knee did well! 🤗

Well, I'm glad that I weigh daily, or I would never have seen that touching down into the lower "decade". Unfortunately my body didn't hold onto it yet. I'll keep on truckin'........

Waving to Missy and anyone else who stops by later on 🌴

Lana

261.2 today
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Hi, all!!! I like MFP for its ease of use (most of the time), its vast library of food calories & its community. Almost a year ago I fully tore my posterior miniscus. Apparently, surgery for that isn’t as successful, so my exercise BFF is a leg brace. I’ve adapted & am hellbent on making progress. I’m in the process of switching up my exercise routine to reincorporate more lifting.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana you were the one who said a while back that if you see it on the scale once, you will see it again.

No bandage today with success - so I am considering walking to work again next week. We shall see. Just happy things are on the mend. Over 3k today so steps are adding up.

I have been in the mood for snickerdoodles - they are not easy to find - so I will make them. Does Sara have Cream of Tartar in the house? (most people dont....) so an order to Walmart and I behaved myself and did not jump into the complete junk food section. I have people I can gift the cookies to for Valentines day - so I will not have to look at all of them.

Empresssue - let us know how you are progressing. On my bad days, I like to hear of other's success.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday,

Looks like its me starting late.

Cookies almost done only to find they are just a little under done -so they will all go back in for a little more time when they are all "mostly done".

Long week hope to sleep well tonight.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Long day, but productive as I cleaned out a room of empty boxes (think online sales).

Found out I need tires for my car. Just will have to deal with it.