Serial Starters

Replies

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Hi all. Sorry for skipping a few days. Been super busy. Still hovering at 200.4 but I haven’t been trying over the weekend either. I hope that by Friday I’ll see 199. The downside is that we have a party we are hosting for our exchange student. This Friday is her going away party and we are having Olive Garden catered. I probably won’t be able to eat as much as I used to which is good. But it will still make me retain some water. Once we’re padt the weekend I can refocus on low carb and exercise routine.

Seeing the kids Sunday was nice, but found out that my son totaled his car. Im glad and relieved he is ok, but still …. He just bought the car in Dec. smh.

Hope everyone has a great day!! ❤️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited June 2023
    Good evening,

Extra sleep is helping me get back into "gear".

Lana - I am going to their house as my Dad can no longer drive. I will ask him after we eat lunch, she does not want a sandwich (like she was going to get one anyway), to come with me to a nearby bakery. I do not know where it is. Get him in the car and talk with him there. Dont know what will happen.

Lwhelan -Lisa? you will have fun at your party and do your best with what you eat. Dont live a less life for a weight scale.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2023
    we551h2i7vhp.jpeg
    *** June 7th ***

Good morning all~~

Who took the sun this morning? Forecast here is for haze and poor air quality from the fires in Canada.

Lisa - you will see your 199 soon! Enjoy the going away party. Sara is right about not living for the weight scale 👍🏻

Sara - You are a saint for dealing with her. She should be making lunch for the three of you if you are going to their house.
    Someday you could go there, grab only your father, and take him out to lunch for sandwiches! Definitely take some Cabana Boys with you on Thursday. Take the ones from Sicily or New Jersey. 😉
    Big hugs 🤗

Time to get in the shower.....

Lana

268.8 today
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    I am, as the thread states, starting over again, dagnabit!

I just went to the doc and my weight was 212. My blood pressure was 150 over something, and I need to do this again. 5 years ago, I was 145 and a size 4, so I know that I can do this, it is just SO FRUSTRATING that I let it get back to near my highest weight again!!!!

I am almost 49 and going through perimenopause. I need to get a hold of this, so I don't have to go on HBP meds or get Type 2 Diabetes. So, if I can join in and post on this thread, it would be a huge help!

Thanks!
    Amber

6-7: 212
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Amber - you most definitely can join and post, many of us are in a similar weight area and are all facing different stresses.

Was able to get 5k today which is helpful especially as I have had no naps. Perhaps I will sleep better.

Will post on family "gathering" when I get home.

• tech_hunter
    Good morning!

Thank you Sara, do you go for specific walks to get your steps? I don't have a fitbit, but I think I need to make an effort to get out and take a couple small walks during the day. I work at home and sometimes don't get out at all. It would probably help to take a couple breaks.

I weighed on my scale this morning before breakfast and without clothes, and am 204.8 at home. It's like the doctors office sort of likes to make you feel worse. I will go with my scale, because it is at home and was always similar to the gym scale.

I usually do weightlifting on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so today is an off day, where I am trying to make myself do Yoga or a small bike ride at lunch.

It's cloudy and we are looking at a bit of rain today. I live in Idaho and this is unusual weather, but it is really making some of my garden plants grow like crazy, so I'll take it!

Hope everyone has a great day today, it is almost the weekend!

6-7: 212
    6-8: 204.8 (at home, no food, no clothes :blush:)
  • LanaCabana537
    5ov07rtn19wf.jpeg
    *** June 8 ***

Good morning all~~

Welcome Amber!

Sara - sending you good vibes for the best possible "gathering" today ✨

Today is the day to do some work in the back yard. I'm so grateful the sun is out and the air quality number is down to 74.

Waves to Lisa and all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

269.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2023
    Good evening,

Amber, I walk to work. Take part of my breaks to walk. I am on FMLA right now and so I walk grocery stores and try to find extra ways to get steps in. I have a pedometer that is battery operated - got it on Amazon and I can replace the battery.

Today I got 6k not sure how, but I will not complain.

Step mother was not with my father and I at lunch. I was quite surprised. I did get the pumpernickel/raisin bread and babka at the bakery.

I did not ask my father directly for money. Hints dont work on him and I will have to have a different conversation with him about $$$. I was nice to just see him and have lunch.

Lana - I am hearing all kinds of air quality stories, so I am glad your number is not too high.

It has been a long day (I have not been in a car on a crowded freeway in a long time....) and I hope to sleep well.

• LanaCabana537
    5yxe3obvp8je.jpeg
    *** June 9 ***

Happy Friday everybody 🎉

Sara - Wow....you got to have a visit with your father alone! That is great.
    Congrats on those 6K steps yesterday. I hope that you slept well.

I need to get a few things accomplished today. I've been in a mental funk for almost a week, and I've got to get rid of the negative sensation. Exercise never helps my brain chems, but I think I'm going to drag myself to a walk in the forest. I'm grateful that the sun is shining ☀️

Waves to Lisa and Missy and Amber and anyone who stops by later on 🌴

Lana

269.8 today
  • tech_hunter
    Hi everyone!

Yay, it's Friday!!!!

Sara, I should just get a pedometer, I don't need any of the fancy Fitbit stuff, that is a good idea, I'll look on Amazon. Congrats on 6K steps!

I did my weightlifting this morning, I hate any exercise in the morning, but I am glad I got it done. I need to go get some groceries at lunch, which is when I usually do my weights. Now I am sitting here with my coffee. I just sit on my couch in the morning going through emails and mindless stuff anyways, so it was a better use of time.

My husband and I just relocated so we are still getting stuff situated in our new place. Tonight, we are setting up our mad science room downstairs. We have a desk and table to put together, then he can do some of his automation engineering/IoT projects, and I can do my soapmaking!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Some clean up in the house, went to asian store and found canned caramel flavored coffee in a small can. Will get that one again.

4500 steps today.

Tomorrow the hair is getting colored and cut. The rest of the day is unknown.

• jennamartin946
    jennamartin946 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all,
    This is my 3rd time trying fitness pal..so looking for friends
    Please add me. I've being doing this now for 21 days and only 2lb off... its gonna take me a very long time getting to my goal weight lol
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Hello 👋 Good Morning ☕️

I started over again at the end of March.. but for real this time lol. So far, I'm down 11.2 lbs from my highest ever highest ever weight (not including pregnancy: 219) of 190.6 to 179.4 this morning!

I started MFP back in 2011 and did very good with it, losing 37 lbs. Over time, and becoming more relaxed and life just happening, I gained 24 lbs but I was very happy, comfortable, strong and felt good at that weight (155). Well then I gained a few more pounds and became pregnant. My little girl is 4, going on 5 in October. I can't even tell y'all how many time I've started and stopped. It's annoying!

Now that I am a little over 10 lbs down, I feel comfortable to say that it's game on again! I got so tired of making it public that I'm trying to lose weight and then I don't lol.

So I'm looking for a community here! All my friends on MFP from 12 years ago are inactive! So please add me if I haven't add you first! Lol

Thanks!
    Tara

• LanaCabana537

Happy SATURDAY all~~

Hello Jenna and Tara 👋🏻

I need to get a walk in before it gets too warm.....

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

269.6 today
  • tech_hunter
    Good morning and Happy Saturday! So relieved, my brain is fried!

Welcome Tara and Jenna, I just started again for the millionth time too. It's a bummer to be back up after the hard work, but we can do this again, now that we know we have already succeeded.

This morning hubby needs to go to the chiropractor, he went for an adjustment yesterday and his spine and muscles have been giving him grief. Hopefully the treatment the next 3 weeks will get him in a better place.

We set up our mad scientist room downstairs last night, so I am going through my oils and seeing what I am going to make. I was thinking I would try salt bars, but I need to order some fine Himalayan and sea salt. So, I will probably make some lilac and maybe orange blossom soap with my regular base. Very excited to get back into this. I learned soapmaking for last year's skill, and I am hooked!

Today is an off day for weights, so I may do some yoga and go for a walk.

Have a great day!

Amber

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Got hair cut and colored - hard to act my age while looking for work when the white part of my hair screams out.

More crazy weather - rained today. Luckily car had been to car wash last week otherwise it would have been ugly.

• LanaCabana537
    y9vp4sknhyx6.jpeg
    *** June 11 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

Sara - good for you on the cut and color! Good luck on the search for new job!

Amber - how excellent to have a mad scientist room - if it were a room in the Clue game, it would be The Laboratory 🧫🔬🧪
    😁

I need to walk today. Ugh.

BBL

Lana

267.4 today
  • tech_hunter
    Good Sunday morning!

Sara, good luck with the job search! I hate my white streak, and it come on so much faster now. I went from auburn to light red blonde because I was tired of the streak appearing 2 weeks after a color!

Lana, yes, it is like a laboratory! My daughter said, "Oh, a craft room, only chaotic!"

My husband christened the MS room by taking my Kitchen Aid apart, greasing it, checking the parts, and putting it back together. Good for another 30 years! :smiley: While he did that, I was at the table next to him making a batch if Lilac soap. It smells pretty awesome! I used white titanium oxide and purple mica, so it will be a two-color soap.

I didn't get a walk or yoga in yesterday, I ended up cutting the dead off of my rose bushes and black eyed susans, and putting tomato cages on the tomato plants. It was a good hour of work, so I think that counts.

Today is church and hanging out with my hubby! Maybe we will take a walk if his knee is feeling OK. He gets tendonitis sometimes.

Have a peaceful day everyone!

Amber

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Hi all. It’s been a very busy week and I’m sorry for not stopping by. Hi to those who are starting up again! Support is key in any weight loss journey.

This week at the doc’s my weigh in was up half a pound. I didn’t care tho bc like I said, it’s been a busy week. We went out a lot and had the party. I didn’t go overboard but I did enjoy myself.

I’m back on lowering my carbs. Tomorrow is hubby’s birthday and we went out to eat today. I chose wisely and ordered from the “lower calorie “ menu. Also went shopping for new couches and bought 2 new sofas. Wont be here for 3 weeks tho, but that’s ok.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Church then home, slept most of the afternoon. Got 4k in somehow.

Mac and cheese with chili for dinner. It works and I dont have a sink full of dishes.