Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• Hi the workout videos range from 15 seconds to over a minute. The videos consist of John Barban explaining the exercise whilst a Venus Factor member performs the exercise. The video library is made up of dozens of videos that include every exercise in the workout manual. I found them an essential tool in following the program and made following the exercise portion of the program much easier. You don’t need any special equipment to do the exercises, some dumbbells or exercise bands will suffice. If you have any more questions I recommend speaking to Lisa at www.venusfactortruth.com as she is a senior member of the Venus Factor program and is a great free resource for information on the program.

I have found the Venus Factor video workouts to be such a great help. The exercises are explained by John Barban in great detail and then demonstrated by female fitness trainers. Much better than trying to figure it out from boring old books! I find the routines awesome and they really work.
  • hayleyquin
    hayleyquin Posts: 37 Member
    I actually did the Venus Factor. And, no, I am not a salesperson or anyone linked to the company. It was recommended by a friend who's a doctor.

We all know that diet and exercise is about hard work. But various people use various tools to help them, like MFP, Weight Watchers, personal trainers, gym memberships, etc. So I don't understand the criticisms that Venus Factor costs money, or duplicates things you can do yourself - because that could be said of any system.

Personally, it helped me. It gave structure to my workouts, and got me into the weight-area of the gym, where I had never gone before. (I used to be just a cardio / yoga person).

I did not follow the undulating calorie-counts exactly. But I did go close to their calorie numbers.

Basically, you vary between low days (about 500 calories under maintenance) and maintenance. Because VF doesn't have its own calorie counter, you need something like MPF anyway.

And you do about 45-minutes of circuits with hand weights three days a week. You are welcome to add cardio to that on "off-days," which is what I do.

I'm not saying it's a miracle or the only system. But if you follow it closely, you will do results. Good luck!

I totally understand where you're coming from. And I've found the Venus Factor to be the most effective diet plan out there and I'm very happy with the results. I am now at a stage where I won't and wouldn't want to slip back into my old ineffective habits. With the help of the Virtual Nutritionist calculator and meal plans I now decide ahead of time what I am going to eat for the next week creating menus and snack ideas, gather recipes, and buy all of the ingredients I need to make them. I find that If you don’t prepare ahead of time you may have a much harder time resisting the temptations like fast foods and unhealthy snacks.

While the workouts are only done three times a week for about 45 minutes. The intensity is up to you but whatever level you do will still burn fat, tone your body and have an afterburn effect (that means that your metabolism will speed up and you'll burn calories for hours afterwards) and that's got to be good!

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    0a7dqcuycvhv.jpg

gpnmbun2otw4.jpg
    3x5aj4rli1e2.jpg

Because Venus Factor comes as PDFs, you can do it as many times as you want. I did it twice, over the course of about 5 months.
    Here are photos from before VF (not long after childbirth). Then after the first series, and after the second series.

As the OP of this thread, I'd like to thank you for sharing your photos.

I'd like to restate that I understand it's Diet first and Exercise second, but both consistently and cooperatively.

Your posts have added credibility and value to this thread for many other people.

Nice work on your progression -
    Pips
  • vivitazy
    vivitazy Posts: 4 Member
    If anyone wants to buddy up and is doing the venus program i would like that :) im in my 3rd week with the trainning but just getting the food checked in ! :)
  • hayleyquin
    I finished the 12 weeks of the Venus Factor. The plan was to enter the New Year without any added weight. The plan worked perfectly. Not only are the abs and arms holding up but I'm actually seeing more definition in my legs thanks to the Venus Factor workouts. My strength and endurance have improved noticeably. This is the first time I've followed a structured 12 week workout plan. Sometimes it's good to have all the decisions out of my hands. I know I'm working out longer, harder, and more often than I would on my own, yet I'm having fun. As for the diet potion of the Venus Factor I find the meal plans are really helpful and put together with a great selection of food choices. These plans include info about calories and quantities, so that you can plan and review exactly what you eat during the day to suit your metabolism and your dietary needs. My diet during and after the Venus Factor program is almost the same as before the program. I am usually a picky eater and I don't feel my diet has changed too much. I usually eat healthy, lots of vegetables and no red meat, just chicken, fish and eggs as a protein source. If you need more information on the diet, the best person to speak to is Debs Green, who is a senior Venus Factor user and runs a question and answer forum on the Venus Factor program at http://www.ebooksfitness.com. I meet her a few weeks ago at a Venus get-together and she is really nice. There are some photos on her site. So I’m really pleased with the plan and I will begin a new 12 week cycle to maintain my new body. I’ve also downloaded the program onto my iPad so I have access to it at all times and can make adjustments when necessary. I can’t wait to the summer holidays!
  • Pipsg1rl
    hayleyquin wrote: »
    I finished the 12 weeks of the Venus Factor. The plan was to enter the New Year without any added weight. The plan worked perfectly. Not only are the abs and arms holding up but I'm actually seeing more definition in my legs thanks to the Venus Factor workouts. My strength and endurance have improved noticeably. This is the first time I've followed a structured 12 week workout plan. Sometimes it's good to have all the decisions out of my hands. I know I'm working out longer, harder, and more often than I would on my own, yet I'm having fun. As for the diet potion of the Venus Factor I find the meal plans are really helpful and put together with a great selection of food choices. These plans include info about calories and quantities, so that you can plan and review exactly what you eat during the day to suit your metabolism and your dietary needs. My diet during and after the Venus Factor program is almost the same as before the program. I am usually a picky eater and I don't feel my diet has changed too much. I usually eat healthy, lots of vegetables and no red meat, just chicken, fish and eggs as a protein source. If you need more information on the diet, the best person to speak to is Debs Green, who is a senior Venus Factor user and runs a question and answer forum on the Venus Factor program at http://www.ebooksfitness.com. I meet her a few weeks ago at a Venus get-together and she is really nice. There are some photos on her site. So I’m really pleased with the plan and I will begin a new 12 week cycle to maintain my new body. I’ve also downloaded the program onto my iPad so I have access to it at all times and can make adjustments when necessary. I can’t wait to the summer holidays!

Thank you for sharing this information. Do you have pictures to share of your before and after?

Followers of this post, the MEN'S version of Venus Factor is the Adonis Index. It has the same principles afaik (as far as I know).

My husband has looked into it and i was SHOCKED to find they recommend a 1000 calorie diet for him. I'm using MFP and the LEAST I'll eat is 1200 (plus I DO eat back workout calories).

I understand this thread is old, but appreciate many of you (especially with more than 2 or 3 posts) adding input, information, and insight.

• Pipsg1rl
    Can someone please help explain the calories?

1000 calories a day seems very low for anyone. Do they add more based on activity? Do you calorie load on the weekends?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »

1000 calories a day seems very low for anyone. Do they add more based on activity? Do you calorie load on the weekends?
    Maybe he should be doing the "Mars" factor instead.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    who rebumped this from two years ago ..??
  • Pipsg1rl
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Maybe he should be doing the "Mars" factor instead.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Sadly, your post adds nothing to this thread other than keeping it out there for users who have questions.

It's actually a great thread for information on the product. When I asked so many years ago, I don't remember how I heard about the program.

I really wouldn't mind seeing more proof in photos, but the ladies who mention they have done the program don't seem to be willing to share and most of them only have a few posts in MFP to begin with.

ndj1979 wrote: »
    who rebumped this from two years ago ..??

This thread has had posts along the way, it's not a 2 year rebump.

• hayleyquin
    hayleyquin wrote: »

Thank you for sharing this information. Do you have pictures to share of your before and after?

Followers of this post, the MEN'S version of Venus Factor is the Adonis Index. It has the same principles afaik (as far as I know).

My husband has looked into it and i was SHOCKED to find they recommend a 1000 calorie diet for him. I'm using MFP and the LEAST I'll eat is 1200 (plus I DO eat back workout calories).

I understand this thread is old, but appreciate many of you (especially with more than 2 or 3 posts) adding input, information, and insight.

Hi. I am not comfortable with posting full body photos like in the Venus Factor review by PlumpKitten. But I will post two photos of me showing how the diet and workouts have transformed me. Before I was overweight, led an unhealthy life eating and drinking too many unhealthy foods and beverages while generally feeling negative about myself. But today, I am happy and content about myself with my new slimmer body and I feel much more positive and have lots more energy. When you have three children that says a lot! So the Venus Factor definitely works!

h53u720r9cmt.jpg

pg4ywfd417fv.jpg

• Pipsg1rl
    Thank you, WOW!

Was this one round of VF?
  • FemaleWarriorxo
    FemaleWarriorxo Posts: 222 Member
    I read about the "Venus factor" because a friend bought it. Basically everything on there you can learn for cheap or even free... :p Maybe its just me being cheap but I rather save money. Easy to learn about the human body. Go to the library (which here in Michigan is 2$ for a student) > find books about women's metabolism > read the books > create your own program for free based on how your body works.
  • I just bought this diet really to give me a clear and concise plan to follow to get started. The extra stuff they try to sell, I skipped through that. The free trial of the Immersion thing, i went back into my PayPal account as soon as I got the email telling me future payments were set up, then cancelled them immediately. I know I could find tons of info on how to lose weight but to me that is overwhelming and will make it hard for me to stick to any one thing. I'm just finishing the first week on the diet so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks. I need structure and giving me the tools I need in a way I can easily understand was really the push I needed to commit to a diet. I'm satisfied thus far though. I lost about 3 lbs without exercising so that's pretty awesome to me.
  • Pipsg1rl
    I just bought this diet really to give me a clear and concise plan to follow to get started. The extra stuff they try to sell, I skipped through that. The free trial of the Immersion thing, i went back into my PayPal account as soon as I got the email telling me future payments were set up, then cancelled them immediately. I know I could find tons of info on how to lose weight but to me that is overwhelming and will make it hard for me to stick to any one thing. I'm just finishing the first week on the diet so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks. I need structure and giving me the tools I need in a way I can easily understand was really the push I needed to commit to a diet. I'm satisfied thus far though. I lost about 3 lbs without exercising so that's pretty awesome to me.

Well I wish you continued progress. Please keep us updated. We like to hear from people who have actually used the product.
  • defmut3
    defmut3 Posts: 735 Member
    I still don't get why people choose to buy stuff like this when they can just spend one afternoon doing research on the internet using sites such as Youtube or MFP.

Everything you need to know about diet and exercise can be found online for free.
  • daizymom72
    daizymom72 Posts: 2 Member
    I bought the Venus Factor yesterday, starting the program on Monday. the 1000 calories is the minimum you should eat but you also have a maximum amount and the goal is to keep under the max. I'm sure the Adonis version works that way. They recommend that you avoid soy, cut way back on sugar, not drink your calories and to aim for carbs that have a low calorie density vs high calorie density.

To me, the biggest "secret" about the Venus Factor is the 12 hour overnight fast.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Anytime you go to a website for information and you get a longwinded, impossible to quit sales pitch, run. Whatever product is being pitched is BS.
  • christinabates443
    christinabates443 Posts: 4 Member
    daizymom72 wrote: »
    I bought the Venus Factor yesterday, starting the program on Monday. the 1000 calories is the minimum you should eat but you also have a maximum amount and the goal is to keep under the max. I'm sure the Adonis version works that way. They recommend that you avoid soy, cut way back on sugar, not drink your calories and to aim for carbs that have a low calorie density vs high calorie density.

To me, the biggest "secret" about the Venus Factor is the 12 hour overnight fast.

This is SO inspiring! Congratulations!
  • christinabates443
    christinabates443 Posts: 4 Member
    daizymom72 wrote: »

This is SO inspiring! Congratulations!