Sports Bra for Big Boobs??

124»

Replies

• mara9642
    mara9642 Posts: 2 Member
    If you're willing to go online try www.figleaves.com. Pay attention to the sizing because most of the bras use British sizing. They have a great selection of both sports and regular bras. I'm a 34H in American sizing, and I really find that the shock absorber brand is really supportive. They even offer swimwear. I was able to run a triathlon, which is something that I never thought that I'd be able to do.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    PS: I live in Canada and I don't shop online so it has to be from a store we have here. Sears, Walmart, The Bay. I don't know where else you would get a bra.

a specialty bra store is a good place to start. they should have a number bras and will fit you

if you don't have access to bra store...try Shock Absorber. I wear the SHOCK ABSORBER ACTIVE D+ CLASSIC SUPPORT and love it. I've had it in a 38 g, 36 g and now 34 f. i got fitted at a specialty store, but no get it at The Bay. They should carry a 40D in the store (carry up an F cup in the downtown Toronto stores). Large sizes or if your Bay doesn't stock it, you can order it online.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/womens-apparel/sports-bra/active-d-classic-support-n109-0007-84143247--24

It is almost always on sale. I find this model fits big. you might want to try on a 38 and a couple of cup sizes to be sure. I always want my sports bras to be tight. If you spend more than $100 you get free shipping. I also order enough to get free shipping and then return the sizes that don't work to my local Bay store. Their price is so good it wasn't worth trying to get bra shipped by Amazon.com and brought from the US by a friend.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    PS: I live in Canada and I don't shop online so it has to be from a store we have here. Sears, Walmart, The Bay. I don't know where else you would get a bra.

a specialty bra store is a good place to start. they should have a number bras and will fit you

if you don't have access to bra store...try Shock Absorber. I wear the SHOCK ABSORBER ACTIVE D+ CLASSIC SUPPORT and love it. I've had it in a 38 g, 36 g and now 34 f. i got fitted at a specialty store, but no get it at The Bay. They should carry a 40D in the store (carry up an F cup in the downtown Toronto stores). Large sizes or if your Bay doesn't stock it, you can order it online.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/womens-apparel/sports-bra/active-d-classic-support-n109-0007-84143247--24

It is almost always on sale. I find this model fits big. you might want to try on a 38 and a couple of cup sizes to be sure. I always want my sports bras to be tight. If you spend more than $100 you get free shipping. I also order enough to get free shipping and then return the sizes that don't work to my local Bay store. Their price is so good it wasn't worth trying to get bra shipped by Amazon.com and brought from the US by a friend.

I tried these bras but they don't offer enough support for me. I'm only a 40D-ish but when I jump they still bounce too much.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Under Armor sports bras are magic! :)

I tried them but they didn't hold much up. Plus I broke one of the shoulder links just trying it on. Not good.
  • Lochlyn_D
    I am a 36 DD and i tried several brands and wearing two of them before finding one I liked. I ended up liking a NIKE with lots of support. (razor back with adjustable strap)

The "girls" move very little now and I love that!

Good Luck finding one that works for you.

I ended up buying a Nike Pro Dri Fit. It was the best for support and it has no plastic or metal links or clips. I really like it.

I tried under armor (broke a clip while trying it on), champion (zero support), and a few others I could find. Nike was the best.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    If you can get ahold of a copy of last months HEALTH magazine they actually did an article on this and had the brands listed in there for each different size of bra!
  • poupoush
    poupoush Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a 34DD and i've started to run a lot now. I've found the active wear at GAP to be really comfortable and breathable(and very affordable). I am totally in love their sports bras, everything in place and NO bounce. When store shopping, remember to jump up and down a few times to test the bras in the fitting room!!!
  • nmiller0813
    nmiller0813 Posts: 109
    Let me add to this: I am looking for a sports bra that will hold my 40D heavy breast, give them the support that I need and not PULL on my shoulders when I am exercising. Any suggestions?
  • DeonnPaul
    DeonnPaul Posts: 50 Member
    I recommend the Panache sports bra. Yeah, they are expensive, but if you run or do aerobics or plyometrics you will not find better support. I am busty, and the Panache bra seriously holds the girls down. Jiggly bounce free boobs during a workout was such a thrill the first time! Good luck!