NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I did track yesterday, even though it was ugly. I have been on a sugar stress eating binge and trying to make a U turn today. I woke up with a headache, as I really didn't sleep last night. I dreamed ugly dreams all night. Went to church with baby girl and still have the headache. I am sitting here eating "straws". Baby girl only likes the yellow ones and I eat all the others. LOL. I don't see exercise in my future for today.

@trooworld You know if I think about it, I eat nothing that is not cooked...I don't like raw veggies, etc. If it was a pain to make but you enjoyed it, it was worth it I am sure. I have to get back to cooking..when my DH was gone for 3 weeks, I didn't cook and kind of got out of the habit. If he dies..I would never cook, baby girl doesn't eat most normal foods anyway. She is very picky. Last night she wanted carrots and when I went to get a can of carrots (she only likes the canned ones and you don't heat them up...right out of the can). I had mistakenly picked up diced ones....she WOULD NOT eat them. UGH. they had to be sliced. so glad you liked the WW meeting. I always like the Sat one better than the week ones.

@TeresaW1020 So glad his sons are coming out and especially without asking. I wish I had done more of that with my parents. You just don't know until you are older how sometimes really stupid you are. It seems almost every day I see something of my mom or my dads in my home and wished I had done more. This will be some good memory making time, full of laughter and hugs. I love your positivity in life!!!!

cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...quiet day here today. Last night as we were leaving church the storm sirens were going off. We headed home & about 1/2 mile from home it really started blowing, raining, & a little hail. Got home & in the garage & 5 minutes later all was calm. No damage. They had said it was a very fast moving storm!

@trooworld Glad you had a good time at the zoo. I liked the picture of the gorilla. Never had sushi, not sure I would like it. I hope changing your weigh in day helps you.

@cbabie Keep tracking, I think it will get better & easier to stay on track. I finally got up enough nerve to try the Instant Pot & I now love cooked carrots. I usually bake potatoes, but yesterday did them in the IP, too, & almost like them better than baked. Sweet potatoes need to be baked, tho, so they get super sweet.

@TeresaW1020 That is great that his sons are coming to see you. I'm sure that will lift his spirits. Hoping for good news from the chemo. Yup, the Atlanta aquarium was fun to go to, but always so busy.

I have been listening to Food Revolution Network Summit. It is plant based, but today they were talking about gut microbiome. Very interesting! I am doing pretty good on my semi-plant based. Also done better with my no dairy lately. Not sure if it is helping my allergies yet or not, tho, but today I weighed the lowest I have in a very long time!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @cbabie That's great you tracked, that way you can look back and see how you can improve. I had a headache yesterday, too, because of the weather. I'm sorry you had such a bad night. I hope by now, your headache is gone. You don't even eat salads? Yeah, the sushi was worth it. :) I think I would be the same way if my DH died. I would hope I would cook but I can see myself being lazy. LOL that baby girl IS picky! That's funny.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I'm glad the storm didn't do any damage. Yeah sushi is kind of an acquired taste: I hated it the first time I had it. I hope the change in the weigh-in day helps me too! Congrats on the lowest weight. I hope the semi-plant-based diet helps!

@theslightedgeforever I'm going to send out the hounds soon...

Hi all. Yesterday, I meal prepped. I put a ham in the crockpot, cut up a pineapple and 2 cantaloupes for snacking on, made my MIL and BIL an instant pot Mississippi Pork Roast, air fried some chicken breasts for a salad that we are having tomorrow, made Tofu, broccoli & butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce, made Instant Pot Chicken Fried Quinoa and then made the sides for dinner (air fryer Cajun potatoes and healthier classic creamed spinach). It was a LOT of work! It helped knowing I would have today off to recover. I am putting some ham and bean soup in the crockpot today for dinner.

I had a near-perfect day yesterday. It was near-perfect until I mindlessly accepted a piece of chocolate bar from my husband and shoved it in my mouth. Today will be better. We are planning on going for a walk this morning. My husband is going to make us a ham and pineapple pizza for lunch. I pretracked 2 pieces. It puts me over for the day but not by much.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I tracked again yesterday. It was not great, but it wasn't totally awful. I did manage to lose 1 lb this week, so I must be doing something..LOL. I plan on going for a walk, or bike ride today and the park. It's supposed to be 90 today..UGH.. I am hoping also to meal plan today and get the food on Wed, just eating what we have until then. Last night I found some frozen melody veggies in my freezer and baby girl ate 2 plates of broccoli and carrots and then a bowl of mashed potatoes. So that means she is getting back her good likes..covid really messed us both up. She used to eat lots of veggies and then covid came and I could hardly get her to eat any veggies, she said they tasted "sour". Even her fruit juice popsicles tasted" sour" now she is eating them again too..YEA.

@RetiredAndLovingIt So glad the storm blew through quickly and no damage...that's the best kind. I laughed at your comment on the sweet potatoes...me and DH are the only ones that like sweet potatoes and I haven't made them in forever...but yes they need to be sweet. I am so glad you like you IP...it makes cooking so much fun when you aren't in the KITCHEN ALL DAY. LOL

@trooworld I will send out the hounds for theslightedge...LOL You were definitely busy yesterday. It wore me out just reading what you got accomplished. LOL. The only cooking my DH can do is eggs and the grill...I wish he would cook more of our meals....a girl needs a night off once in a while. LOL. You got a good one!!!!

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@trooworld I love the new BOD program that I’m doing. I think if I really stick this one out it will yield some great results. 😊 What a good idea to get your cookbooks spiral bound. I had never heard of doing that. Does it cost very much? I love cucumbers with Everything Bagel seasoning! It’s good with celery and low-fat cream cheese too. Wow, you did a lot of meal prep. Good for you!

@cbabie I hope you see that your tracking is an accomplishment. That is crazy about Baby Girl’s taste buds. I’ve been having a crazy thing with my taste buds and the way things smell and maybe it’s because of when I had Covid. Like I can’t stand any kind of regular or diet sodas. My favorite mints taste like garbage, and I hate all my perfumes. Even the scented trash bags I used are gag-worthy when I open them up. I’m going to have to do some reading up on this because I’ve actually been concerned about what has happened. Praise God I still love my coffee. :grin:

@RetiredAndLovingIt Those spring storms in your area can be very scary, can’t they? Do you all have a safe place to go if there is a tornado? The gut microbiome is a very interesting topic for sure. Lots of my podcasts talk about it all the time.

Hello! It’s been a busy couple of days. Yesterday was a great day! Joe felt good and after church, we went shopping at TJ Maxx it was like having my old Joe back. We had so much fun and he was craving ice cream, so we went to Bruster’s, and I was mostly good because I got the sugar-free ice cream, but I did have some hot fudge and nuts. My weight was up a little this week and it was probably some from the ice cream, but I think it’s mostly from the new workout program I’m doing. I’m down over 4 lbs. this month and determined to crush May. I bought some stickers and every day that I stay 100% free from giving in to the Pig, I will give myself a sticker. I want stickers for the whole month and the only way to do that is to stay 100% to the rules that I came up with. I can do it!! :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hi all. Currently 8lbs down and counting! 😁
    We have a local butchers that do a meat deal so we got that on Sunday. It use to be £25 but with everything going up in price it's now £30 but still worth it. You get 500g each of mince, chicken, steak, pork loin steak and bacon, 1kg of sausages, 4 burgers, 6 eggs and cheese. It makes me cook more buying this and gets hubby in the kitchen as much as he can handle too.
    Did have Friday and Saturday off plan so had a bit of a gain on scales but it's going again.

@cbabie well done on tracking and the loss! Hope you enjoyed the park

@trooworld wow. nice meal prepping!! good job

@TeresaW1020 you've got this! 😁
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You must be doing something right to lose a lb. I bet all of that exercise is helping. It's been hot here, too. Causing me headaches. That's good baby girl is liking veggies again. Thank you for sending out the hounds lol. Yes, I was busy! On a day off! Yes, I am lucky DH is an excellent cook and he likes to cook. You do need a break once in a while! lol

@TeresaW1020 Oh that's great. It cost me $7 each to get the cookbooks spiral bound at FedEx, so not much I think? I have never had cucumbers with EB seasoning but I'm going to try it this week. I got Persian cucumbers (the little ones) to try it with. Yes, lots of meal prep. I'm so glad Joe is feeling good. You are doing really well, keep it up! Stickers are motivating, aren't they?

@roz0810 Congratulations! Awesome! That meat package does sound like a good deal.

Hi all. Yesterday, I put bean soup in the crockpot intended for supper last night. We went for a nice walk in the morning. I had an HOA board meeting at noon and then after that, DH made the pizza. He threw me off because usually, he makes thin crust pizza. This time it was a deep dish. I ate 3 pieces of it. When it was time to eat dinner, I wasn't hungry yet so I just skipped it listening to my body. I'm down -1.4 lbs since last Weds. I changed my official weigh-in day to Saturday so hopefully, the scale will continue to behave and I'll be down on Saturday. I'm back to work today which means pitfalls everywhere. I just have to bring enough to eat that I am not tempted by the junk.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I went for a bike ride yesterday..It was so nice. I didn't eat well, too much sugar. I think I am going to have to do what @TeresaW1020 is doing...stickers. LOL. Baby girl went to bed early, got up early, but now she is sleeping again..but I am still UP>>>>>>>

@roz0810 Love you can get that meat...I buy once a month from Sams...I don't like other meat. We spend one day packaging and it's in the freezer...only thing is I have to do better meal planning LOL. Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 So glad you had such a good day after church. That's how I would like my Sundays..because I am a preachers kid..Sunday was church day and nap time..LOL. It simply meant we were together as a family and I love those kind of days. I like you sticker idea...might steal.

@trooworld I did send out the hounds...you should be seeing her.. Great job on listening to your body!! We had beans 2 nights ago..it was good. LOL Last night we had pancakes..that's part of my comfort food...but they were good.. :). You got this job thing...your boundaries are in place!!! :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    hello all I'm here. I got on yesterday and was actually typing a responses and then lost my post. So I've decided not to catch up with posting I'll just read and see what happened.

I didn't realize it had been that long. I'm still working on closets and now my bedroom decluttering. I lost a lb last week so that's something.

I need to get my routine back so I don't get lost again.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I agree with the stickers. I started doing them about a week ago and I find it motivating, although I am about a week behind lol. Thanks for sending out the hounds lol. Yeah, the bean soup was good. My husband loves pancakes...me? They are okay but believe it or not, I'm not much of a sweets person. I do eat them sometimes. I'm more of a salty person.

@theslightedgeforever Nice to "see" you. Congrats on your loss and getting lost in decluttering. I hope it is helping. Yes, routine is good.

Hi all. The bean soup I had for lunch yesterday was really good. I had it at work. I also brought some snacks, although they almost weren't enough: I brought about 1 cup of cantaloupe and 27 grams of pretzel sticks which isn't very much. Today, I will bring more snacks. I get really hungry in the morning before lunch. Almost hangry. I made a chicken salad with blackberries, feta, golden beets and avocado for dinner last night but I forgot the avocado. Oh well, I'll have it today for lunch. I switched my weigh-in days to Saturdays to coincide with my WW meeting so no weigh-in today.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @trooworld So keep adding a bit to your snacks you take until you find the right amount. Would 1 1/2 c of cantaloupe do it? Or is it a visual thing and you need another item. 2 vs 3. I make pancakes every Friday. My favorite way is to put PB on them with just a tad of syrup. I don't like it when they are soggy from too much syrup. I used to be a salty person until menopause hit and then it has turned me into mostly a sweets person. Notice I didn't say sweet person cause I've always been sweet. ;)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I went for a ride yesterday, so that was good. I didn't track, should have but didn't. I spent much of the day cleaning, mopping floors, rearranging baby girls room and cleaning my desk...no wonder I was sneezing..LOL I rearranged my desk too, hopefully to make me more productive in some things I want to get done. We had eat what you can find for dinner last night and I ate an egg sandwich. I haven't had one in a LONG time..it was good.

@trooworld Yea for taking the snacks and your chicken salad sounds yummy, well except the avocado. Never could eat those. I have never been salty because I always "held" water. However, sometimes I do like my wheat thins. LOL

@theslightedgeforever declutter is good...it's a process, but boy do you feel great afterwards. My oldest keeps telling me get rid of it, we don't want to have to go through it when you die...and I SAY, I AM NOT DYING anytime soon..LOL She is always saying didn't you have to tell your parents what to do as they aged..I just IGNORE...she thinks she is taking my keys in about 5 years.. NOT. Great job on losing the lb..it's always the motivation to keep that moving down. RIGHT?

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I hope you like having the new weigh-in day better. Did you switch because you changed meetings? Do you like your WW leader? That salad sounds so good! I’ve never had golden beets. :)

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on your pound loss! I seriously need to get inside my closet and get to decluttering. And my pantry needs a complete overhaul…again! :#

@cbabie I just got done reorganizing my desk too. All the stickies I had everywhere have been combined into one long to-do list. It at least makes me feel like I’m getting stuff done. :grin: Why do you feel like you need to track your food? Clearly, you are like me and just don’t want to. So why do it? I came to this realization that when I track perfectly I do fine with my calories/macros. But when I decide, for whatever reason, not to track it seems to give me license to eat more than I do when I just don't track at all. It's all very mental with me and that is not a very good mindset. I am writing down what I eat in my daily planner, but I don’t track the calories. It’s just data and if I’m not good then I don’t get my cute little star sticker. I want my stickers!!! :D

Hello! Today is such a beautiful day that I really should be out doing something other than sitting at this computer. I took Joe to the urologist this morning and they removed the cath and now we are praying he can go on his own before we return at 3:30 for a bladder scan. He is drinking a lot, so maybe! *Fingers crossed* I’m doing well with my NBA rules and I have my stickers for my daily planner. If I stick to my 3 never rules, I get a sticker that day. My rules are to Never Again eat sugar/snacky foods at work, see the scale go up two days in a row, and clean fast for a minimum of 17 hours. My goal is to nail these three rules every day until June 12th when Joe’s youngest son comes to visit. I have these adorable green pants that I bought last year and haven’t been able to comfortably fit into. They are my June 12th goal pants! :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yesterday, I brought just the right amount of snacks: I had a small bag with 24 gm of pretzel sticks, 1 cup cantaloupe, and some Persian cucumbers cut up with 2 Tbsp Bitchin' Sauce. I ate the cucumbers and Bitchin' Sauce at about 3. I'm not sure if it is a visual thing or what but I felt more satisfied. That sounds like a good way to make pancakes. I love PB. That's interesting about menopause. You, sweet? :P

@cbabie Good job with the ride! Yeah, cleaning makes me sneeze too. Hopefully, that helps you, being organized. I'm glad you enjoyed your egg sandwich. You don't like avocado??? You are mad, woman! lol I love avocado. :) Wheat Thins are so good.

@TeresaW1020 I did switch because of the meetings: I've been going to virtual meetings but am switching to the Saturday meetings. I do like the WW leader, she's really good. I had never had golden beets before either, they were good but next time I would roast them before slicing (the recipe called for them RAW). I sure hope Joe can go on his own. That's good you have rules and goal pants!

Hi all. I did well yesterday. Yesterday was the 4th day in a row that I earned a blue dot (eat within my healthy eating range which is 10-28 pts = blue dot). I will tell you that I've earned just 9 blue dots all month and 4 of them have been this week only! So I'm doing good and using those blue dots as a measure of progress to some degree. The meal prep is really helping me. Dinner is done for tonight, I just have to cook tomorrow and that will be an easy slow cooker lasagna meal.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I walked yesterday morning with baby girl, and I got some things done that I have been wanting to do for a long time...so I counted it as a productive day and night!!! It was truly exciting to get something accomplished on the left side of my brain. LOL. Someone told me yesterday, that if I would do something creative, some of my other whirling around in my head ideas would be focused. I think it was a good thing. I did not track!

@TeresaW1020 I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. I track because " I am supposed to". LOL. I think I like your thinking and I think I am going to try that today. (Gotta get some stickers). I pray Joe gets back to being Joe full time..My DH is at the doctor right now, nothing earth shattering, but he got that cold or whatever I had and he sounds terrible. He smokes so I tell him you MUST go...I don't go because I don't have insurance, (thankfully I am healthy). He has insurance and just would never go...So I am glad he is finally going!!!

@trooworld what is your easy slow cooker lasagna meal? I was just thinking that Lasagna would be good this week. Great job on the snacks..LOL I can't help I don't like those green things. :). I think I got my eating habits from my dad. My mom loved all those veggie things. (my sister) LOL.

I have to tell you guys that it was good to get on here today and laugh! Thank you for being you!!!!

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld good job on getting 4 blue dots in a row! I think it’s great to strive for them. It’s like getting a sticker! :grin: Mmmm slow cooker lasagna sounds good!

@cbabie What a good idea to do something creative to calm your mind! I’m glad it worked for you. Yeah, the “I’m supposed to track,” is interesting, isn’t it? I honestly think tracking is great for those that it works for. For me, I have proven time and time again that it throws me into a weird diet brain mentality where I’m either good or I’m bad. I don’t want food to have that much power over me anymore! Also, I don’t really believe that we need to have a set number of calories that we eat every day. Can you say that you need the exact same calories on a day you sit like a slug and do nothing vs. a day you ride your bike 3 miles, do a bunch of housework, and/or run errands all day? I know my body requires different amounts of food depending on what I’ve done that day, and how much or how little I ate the day before. Soooo just food for thought, huh? ;)

Hello! Well, yesterday didn’t go as Joe and I had hoped. He was able to pee on his own, but the bladder scan showed that he wasn’t emptying the way he should. So, he is back wearing the catheter for the next four weeks and then we will see. He might have to wear it forever and while that is hard for us to accept, we may have no choice. :'( In other news, I said no to my inner Pig today when there were leftover cookies in the youth room. I actually held them in my hand and contemplated what my feelings would be if I ate those five small cookies. A brief tasty treat and then the rest of the day feeling angry that I caved. I want my sticker in my book! I want to get into my green pants! I want to prove that I’m the boss and NOT the Pig!! So, those cookies went into the trash! B) I was going to fast until dinner today but I was very hungry when I came home from cleaning, so I had a cup of coffee and ½ scoop of protein powder. I will eat a small dinner tonight and then fast until I eat an early lunch tomorrow. I’m hungry right now but I’m also feeling happy that I’m doing what I need to do. :)
  • trooworld
    Slow cooker lasagna

1 lb Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
    1 small onion chopped
    1 medium Garlic clove minced
    28 oz Canned crushed tomatoes
    15 oz Canned tomato sauce
    1 tsp Table salt
    1 tsp Dried oregano
    1⁄2 tsp Dried basil
    1⁄4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
    1 cup Part-skim ricotta cheese
    1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
    6 Uncooked lasagna noodles
    1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
    Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.

Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.

In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.

Serving size: 1/6 of lasagna
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's great that you had a productive day and night, woo hoo! I love that feeling of getting things done. Maybe your productivity will spur you to track. How has your water been? I posted the slow cooker lasagna, I hope you like it! It's really good! Those green things...lol! I'm glad you could laugh with us today. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it is like getting a sticker! The lasagna is really good. Your poor Joe, he's going through so much already. I'm so sorry. I'm so proud of you for not eating those cookies and saying no. That's major! You are amazing!

Hi all. I did really well yesterday and got another blue dot. I ate lunch at about noon and then at about 12:30, my stomach felt like someone punched it. The pain was a 7 on a 10 scale. I stopped working and laid on the couch for a couple of hours but the pain wasn't going away. I called the nurse line and spoke with a nurse who wanted me to go to the ER but I didn't end up going, I didn't want to wait for hours at the ER and I didn't want to go to urgent care for the same reason. So, at about 4:30, the pain subsided. But then it came back after I ate dinner although not as strong. My husband said that a stomach virus is going around. So maybe it was that.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I have done nothing of my normal routine today. I will try to get on a bike ride today...but right now it's not looking promising. (I can hear my sister say, "do a video". LOL I didn't eat too well or too bad, but I did right every thing down in my planner..so that's a start. I have so much anxiety over stupid stuff right now, I am working on that and that in turn will help my eating habits.

@TeresaW1020 So sorry that Joe had to put the catheter back in. I know there will be things in my future that I would rather not do or live with, but I hope I have the positive attitude you guys do. I am really trying to change somethings about me even at this age. I agree, there are days we need more calories and some less. I used to be of the mindset that if I ate 8400 calories in a week, what did it matter if I ate them all in one day...(not really one day) but you get my drift. I think for now I am going to just write down what I eat in my planner and then go from there.

@trooworld YUM, the recipe sounds yummy, thank you!!! I hope you go to ER or urgent care if you need to...severe pain is not a good thing. My water has not been good, thank you for the reminder. Please take care of YOU...I like coming here everyday to visit you!! I guess I had better see if my sister got lost in her closet. LOL

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...not much different going on here, lol. Still trying to walk on the treadmill each morning & have started a few exercises for core & balance, and bouncing on my rebounder. Weight dropping just a little.

@cbabie I had to laugh when you said your sister might have gotten lost in her closet. Something I should be doing! I try not to think of food as good or bad, it really is just food. Might not be the most nutritous choice, but still just food. Glad you are doing some bike rides, I keep thinking I need to get mine out, only its under the deck, and we have a raccoon that keeps coming in our backyard, and dh says he goes under the deck a lot (can see evidence of him being there), so now I don't want the bike out, lol. Not really a good excuse, but....! I see you are writing your food in your planner, I think that is a good idea, sometimes the actual calorie count is triggering for people.

@TeresaW1020 Poor Joe. I really hope things start looking up for him. Not fun to have so many things going on! You are doing a great job with him & your health mindset, too. I agree you need to eat more when you do more, that's the way MFP is set up since it adds to your calorie base when you add exercise. If only I didn't eat the same, when I have done less, lol.

@trooworld The basic crockpot lasagna sounds good, but I am sure I would take the lazy way & use bottled spaghetti sauce, lol. I might have to try it sometime. Sorry you are having stomach pains. There was a stomach virus going around here recently, too. I think I remember dd saying it was in the school.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!