NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. House is slowly coming together. Cupboards are roughed in. (No final trim etc ) no counter for over a month. Been without a sink for a week. New appliances went in yesterday. Finally have some floor space in my livingroom so since there are no contractors here today I am going to say 6 of BOD morning meltdown. Then a walk later today. And tomorrow plan is to cut the grass. That’s a workout in itself. (4 commercial lots takes a good hour).
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning: I have a lot of errands to run today, but I think I will be doing one of those sitting and waiting routines...they are not my errands..running others around. So a good book in my purse and patients in my mind. LOL. Well I did go for a short walk yesterday with baby girl...HOTTER than heck....but I burned 64 calories, so better than zero calories..LOL. I tracked and unfortunately the last 15 min of my "awake" time I ate a couple of things I could have been better off not eating...but I know the why and next time will just not do it.

@trooworld Yea on the work outs and knowing to stop is also a great thing. ( You go girl) Walking later was a great idea!!!!
    Years ago I was an exercise fiend and I hiked a trail near my house before a class I had and when I got to my class, even after taking a shower, I was a mess, face all red, dehydrated, not thinking clearly...I should have not done the hike, but it was one of those no matter what I will exercise this trail EVERY DAY...well okay but it should not have been at the hottest part of our AZ days..LOL. I just reread my post above...looks like I didn't learn..LOL
    I love the pictures about our sizes....I take a small plate and a small cup for my ice cream...it's something I learned to do at WW..LOL.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just doing a quick check-in so you know I'm still around. :grin: Mom got a call yesterday that my brother and his wife will be coming for a visit today. My brother and I parted ways years ago and I haven't even spoken to him in probably 12 years or more. So a little weird but whatever! They recently moved from Arizona and were going to Nebraska but that didn't work out. I think they are headed back to Florida and stopping by here on their way. At least hope it's a quick visit. I did get my house looking great, which is good because now I'm mostly ready for Joe's son to arrive on Saturday. Joe is doing OK physically but is struggling mentally. I'm working on that patience thing again today. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @cbabie Yaaay on your loss and water. Plus you tracked. You are starting to build some habits. When you know better, you do better.

@trooworld Bigger plates yes is a problem. Plus portion sizes in the US. When I went to UK, things were so much smaller.

@renaegry I guess all that movement is getting rid of some of the stress of renovations. Good for you. How has your food been? I was going to ask how are the kids sports and then thought oh summer is here. School is probably out.

@teresaw1020 I have a brother like that. ;) I hope all goes well with your visit. I pray God sends lots of patience your way.

So a new week starts and I got a green dot yesterday. I need to go in there and do a bit more exercise so i can earn my green dot for today. I woke up late. Two days in a row. But I kept to my schedule but did less exercise. Which means I have to make it up some time during the day. The later it gets, the more I don't want to do anything so need to get off here and go do it. I only have about 100 calories left to burn plus 12 zone minutes. I see some dancing in my future. That usually gets the job done.

🟢
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’ve been doing WW for 6 months and had some success in the beginning but hit a wall so hoping the change of scenery will help 😊. I’m early 40s, 3 kids, husband and dog. Not sure how to add friends, or even if I will be able to find this thread again later, but hoping to be around a bit. Thanks.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @renaegry Your house is going to look so good after this is done. I know it's a hassle right now though.

@cbabie A good book is a great idea for your errands! Yes, a short walk is better than sitting on the couch. :D Yes, it's important to be flexible. LOL I think you learned! That's great that you use a small plate and cup. WW has very valuable information, I still learn to this day after all of these years!

@TeresaW1020 Oh gosh, I hope it's not too weird, seeing your brother. I'm glad Joe is mostly doing okay. I can imagine all this must take quite a toll emotionally.

@theslightedgeforever I can imagine if I went to Europe or the UK, I would be very shocked by the sizes. Yay for a green dot! You got a lot of green dots last week. What was your final total? Yeah, I try to get my exercise out of the way in the morning for that reason. Dancing is fun and does get the job done.

@Tamevv Hi and welcome! Congrats on your success so far. I hope you can find this thread again. Here is how to bookmark it: look for the bookmark icon at the top of the page and click on it. Then, if you want to come back, hit COMMUNITY --> then look on the right side of the page for MY BOOKMARKS. Click on that. See the below image. By the way, I'm still on WW but I think I'm the only person on this board still on it. :D

Hi all. I had an epiphany yesterday, a pretty important one. I attended a virtual WW meeting and the topic was portion sizes. The coach challenged us to weigh and pretrack one item that we normally don't weigh and measure. I chose these Dots pretzels. I usually eyeball a portion, I put in the little bowl in the picture below and guess it to be 1 oz or 1/4 cup. When I weighed the pretzels, it came out to 64 grams or 2.26 oz. I looked it up in my tracker and that amount was 9 points! For reference, I get 21 points a day. I have been lying to myself this whole time and that's part of the problem. I will be using my scale more often from now on!

Water yesterday: 70 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

ngocbjnoko0g.png

9qxyjtfhz8hz.jpg

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever. Actually here in Saskatchewan our kids go to school till the end of June. Then start back again beginning of September. We just finished track and field. My son who is 16 made it to provincials in javelin and placed 10th in his age group. My daughter does very well in triple and long jump but was to young for provincials. Food as been so so. Have to many drinks on the weekends.

@trooworld yes house looks amazing. We knocked out so many walls my kitchen and living kroon seem huge. But can’t wait till it’s all finished.

Did my bod workout yesterday but never did get my walk in. Did hit 10k step by picking some weeds in the yard. Todays workout is cutting grass. Takes me an hour and burns as much calories as my jog.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Well for exercise yesterday...MOPPING floors..that is a workout for me...we have NO carpet. LOL I did make some banana bread yesterday and tracked it. I tracked every bite yesterday. I didn't hit my water intake but close. only missed it by 16 oz.

@theslightedgeforever LOL sweet and to the point today...yea for getting the green dot. I forgot to look to see if I got a dot...I have to make that a habit still. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I pray the visit with your brother is a positive one. I understand when siblings don't talk or part ways. I will keep Joe in prayer. A clean house makes us feel so much better. LOL. I feel like I accomplished something anyway. :)

@trooworld yea, I know when I measure my ice cream...I get depressed. LOL. you are right though, who are we actually helping when we aren't facing the truth of what we put in our bodies and minds. But oh those look good, I have never seen them and that's a good thing. My go to for salt and crunch are wheat thins, reduced fat. I measure out 16 crackers and know that's my limit for the day. LOL

@Tamevv welcome to our little part of the big world of MFP. LOL. I hope you find us again. We will at the very least encourage you and hopefully put a smile on your face each day.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Tamevv Welcome to the group. Great job on staying with WW for 6 months. Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/46850030#Comment_46850030 I'm hoping that goes to your inbox. On the upper right corner of the page is a place to "Invite Friends" Then the search icon and then a bell icon. I just click on the bell and it brings me to my notifications and I click on the first one. Although I do this on my laptop and not my phone.

@trooworld I got a total of 7 dots last week. o:) I do a combo of dancing and then aerobics moves when I'm not doing a YouTube video. Well I wouldn't call it lying to yourself unless you really knew that you were eating more than you thought. So now you know a full bowl is 9 pts. 1/2 is how many? Or figure out how many pretzels=the number of points you want to eat and then count out that many everytime. So you don't have to pull out your scale. The pretzels look good though.

@renaegry Keep trying on the food. Yaaay on the movement. Oh so a few weeks left of school. Congrats to your son. That is quite the accomplishment. Before long your daughter will be there too.

@cbabie Yaaay on mopping. That is a lot of work. Start keeping track of your dots on here. You can choose a different color. I have to edit and add the dots on phone though after I'm done posting.

Another green dot.

🟢🟢
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Good morning. Managed to make my way back 😊. Thanks for all the notes and welcomes, I have to say it did already make a difference to my day - it is my day off today and i was going to be a bit lazy but reminded myself it would feel good to be able to come here and report that i did a step workout and some yoga this morning 😁. Also managed to do the vacuuming and general tidy ups. Now im sitting here with carrot sticks feeling positive.

@trooworld Yep, measuring portions is something i have to be strict with because I’m a total sucker for the “theres not much left, best just use it up”.

Qu: What are green dots representing? Is that the WW dots?

Hope its a good day for you all,
    👋
  • trooworld
    Options
    @renaegry Oh I love open floor concepts. Great job with the steps!

@cbabie Mopping floors is no joke, that's real exercise! Good job with tracking and water intake. Yeah, those pretzels are the devil lol. I love reduced-fat wheat thins, too.

@theslightedgeforever Wow, 7, that's great! I think I should always pull out the scale, I don't trust myself lol. Those pretzels are really good. I think they are an east coast thing that Target carries.

@Tamevv I'm glad you found your way back! You are doing great, that's fantastic that you were able to do a step workout and yoga and housework. I used to call myself "allergic to exercise" and "I hate exercise" until 3-4 weeks ago. I found the type of exercise that I enjoy and that works for me and now, I am a weight lifter! :D I am in the "Not much left, best use it up" club myself. I'll let @theslightedgeforever explain her green dots. I do collect WW blue dots.

Hi all. I hit a pretty big milestone weight lifting on the Tonal yesterday: I hit 50,000 pounds lifted! I was so happy to hit this. I have one more workout in this 12-workout program and I can then say I completed my first workout. Speaking of workouts, I found out about a YouTube channel that has workout videos for beginners and others, it's called "growwithjo" and here is the link: https://youtube.com/c/growwithjo

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

3e2rgxcxadfc.jpg
  • cbabie
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning all, yesterday was kind of a no winner, but I did track, so that's my win. I spent the whole day waiting on a phone call that never came, cancelled my lunch with my girlfriend because of waiting...so it was just one of those days..I am becoming more aware of my triggers, so my next thing is I have to get back to exercising...I miss the way I feel after a good working of the body..I really do miss my treadmill, but I will never have another one..DH says NO...so it's really too hot to walk most days right now...so need to get to the videos. LOL.

@trooworld GREAT JOB...I am so happy you found your niche in exercise!!!! you are doing great and I am so proud of you.

@theslightedgeforever I will have to figure out how you did the green dots..LOL. I have only gotten 2 this week, but I am going to try for today!!

@Tamevv So glad you found your way back!! LOL good job on making a productive day on your day off. I used to love Step...I used to go to the YMCA with my boss and do a step class there. It was so much fun. I was just thinking I wish I had my Wii still and could do those again...funny you mentioned it today.

Cbabie

for the week 🟢🟢
    Daily🚰🚰🚰
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Tamevv The green dots are from my imagination. :) WW has blue dot days so I decided to make myself green dot days. I need to meet my water goal, exercise goal, and stay under my calorie limit for the day. if I meet all three then I earn a green dot. This past week was the very first week I got all 7. usually it's 1 or 2. :| Good job on your movement and veggies. Every little good choice counts.

@trooworld Yaaay for being consistent with your Tonal. One day you will have a hard body. :) That was my first weight training book back in the 80s. HardBodies I used to go from work straight to the gym. I thought of that book yesterday and I think I'm going to restart the program. I'll take a look at your link. Thanks for sharing.

@cbabie I'm glad to see you are living in the gray area. You noticed your win of tracking. Just keep searching and trying videos until you find ones you like to do. I have loads that I don't like. Yaaay on your green dots. Do you want my Wii??? I think I have it upstairs somewhere. Of course I don't know if they still sell tapes for it anymore.

Another green dot for me.

🟢🟢🟢
  • Tamevv
    Options
    I really like the idea of the green dots to represent achievements (although mine will be purple 😉). I’ve toyed with the idea of the “urge jar” but haven’t decided to commit to anything yet. I’m conscious of biting off more than I can chew then feeling like a failure when I (inevitably) fail. Am giving myself time to settle into a new routine then will work out what seems sustainable. For now, happy to report a good food day, and looks like I will get two days in a row under my calorie goal 👍. Also did another step workout with my free hour between appointments instead of just sitting to eat lunch. The bonus was that “lunch” came around at 3pm which is a time I tend to be tempted to graze anyway, so having the meal ready to go helped curb that. Maybe there’s a lesson there…..

@cbabie man I find it so irritating when that happens - it’s so hard to clear time - let alone a whole day - and when the other party doesn’t show it makes me fume. My time is valuable too and I find it so disrespectful (sorry if that’s a rant…..little bit of recent personal experience I’m still sour about 😒)

I still have my wii, but not using it for workouts right now, just using you tube. I do pull it out every once in a while and have some fun with the kidlets. Maybe I’ll have another look at the aerobics on there just for fun 😊

@trooworld I’ve never really done lifting. Used to go to the gym a bit but only minimal with weights. Will have a look at the link tho - always interesting to learn about new things 😊

Anyway that’s the report for today. Off for a bath while the fam amuse themselves and looking forward to the weekend. Hope it’s a good one for you all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's definitely a win. Tracking is so important. I hate when you are expecting a call or a package and it doesn't come. Such a waste of time. That's too bad you can't get another treadmill, I know how much you enjoyed it. Thank you so much, I appreciate your support!

@theslightedgeforever I hope so! I want muscles! Thank you for your support. Congrats on another green dot!

@Tamevv Congrats on two days below your calorie goal and another step workout, woo hoo! I tend to graze around 10 am and 3 pm. The link: it's not weight lifting, it's aerobics (well, maybe some of it is weight lifting? I didn't look at everything). Yes, it is good to try new things. :D I hope you have a good weekend.

Hi all. I have lots of NSVs to report today for yesterday: I got a WW blue dot, I drank enough water (70 oz), and I finished my first Tonal workout program! I showed up for myself for 12 workouts within 4 weeks. That's pretty consistent. :D Also, and I hope I don't jinx myself, as of right now, I have 2 weekly points left and I weigh in tomorrow. Usually, I am negative in points by now.

ri77vfc9h8kd.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Wow what great NSVs you got yesterday! You are such a good streak. Keep it up! B)

@Tamevv Great to meet you! I think making a decision to not over-commit is a good one. I will often take on too much and then fizzle out. Stick to one or two commitments and build from those. :)

@cbabie there are so many ways to work out, like doing videos. What about mall walking? Whenever I go to our local mall, I see them doing their laps. :)

Good morning! Joe’s youngest son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter will be here tomorrow evening and stay through Monday. It will be great to see them and I’m just praying Joe stays well and alert. He is truly slipping cognitively and I’m going to have to talk to our primary about figuring out exactly what we are dealing with here. I kept hoping that it was from the chemo and other health stuff, but I don’t think so anymore. It sucks and I’m really struggling with acceptance, but I’ll get there. :/ Today, I have to go wash my car, spend a fortune on some gas, and then mop my floors. I’m hoping for some porch time with my new book later today. Eating will be on point for the next couple of days, but then we have plans to eat out when the family gets here. We will be going to Chuck E Cheese! :grin:
  • cbabie
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked again yesterday, didn't get all my water in.. Baby girl kept taking my cup and drinking it..LOL I did do a You Tube video walking yesterday (Leslie Simmons) However, I think my weight is up and I will just have to wait until WI day and be sure. but trying to start making good habits..not getting any younger...

@trooworld Oh my who is this girl in our chat board? LOL. I am so proud of you, great job on all the NSV's and just for being consistent....That is what really makes the difference.

@TeresaW1020 I am holding you up in prayer and I think you are wise to check into it and not assume. I hope your weekend is blessed with favor!! (yes you and I always take on to much and fizzle). trying to learn..LOL

@Tamevv Great job!!! I too think you are wise for settling in your new routine before making more changes...you are doing great!! Yes get you Wii out and have FUN!

Cbabie

for the week 🟢🟢
    Daily🚰🚰
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @tamevv I love the idea of purple dots. Reminds me of purple rain. :) Mine is green because I used to wear a green cord around my waist. It sounds like you know yourself and have a good plan laid out. I've been working on myself so long but I keep learning and keep tweaking.

@trooworld For some reason I thought the link was weightlifting too. Hm..... maybe I gave that idea to @tamevv :) The only jinx you would have would be self-sabotage. You've been doing too well. I had my own self-sabotage sort of I'll write out below. I love your graphics.

@teresaw1020 I like mall walking. Dh and I used to do that every Saturday then sit and have coffee somewhere. That's kind of fizzled out this last 3 weeks. I'm sorry about Joe. I'm glad they are coming to see him. Awareness is always better. Acceptance sometimes takes a long time. With my mil, I just go with the flow. My hubby doesn't. Wherever she is for the day. My husband's aunt and cousin got covid and so I called them and while she was talking to the aunt she suddenly handed me the phone and said I'm done. Well the aunt was still talking....I had her on speakerphone. I kept trying to give my mil back the phone but evidently she was done for the day so we were DONE. Are you getting any self-care in?

@cbabie Yaaaay on the Leslie Sansone workout. I know you really don't like Youtube videos but you did it anyway. I've been doing her since I had VHS tapes. LOL

Well, I did not earn my green dot yesterday. I was bone tired when I woke up so decided that I would take one of my free days. I already planned going to a friend's house but didn't plan for 3 desserts. I took oatmeal raisin bars. Healthier than what I usually bake. Right when I came home dh was pulling out of the garage headed to go get ice cream. Guess who went with him. So I think I bit off more than I could chew last week with getting my green dots and meeting all of my productivity goals I've set for myself. But I think I set too many to be accomplished per day which made me bone tired (plus all this extra water I'm putting in my body is making me get up and pee all night long) I think my body is hanging on to the water thinking it might be a drought soon because the scale was up a bit yesterday. So for this next week I'm going to lower my productivity goals by 1 per day and see if I will have more energy at the end of the week. I probably accelerated too fast going from 2 green dots to 7 plus my other stuff. Body is screaming WHAT'S GOING ON? So back to my regularly scheduled program.

🟢🟢🟢
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m just stopping by because I found myself wandering in the kitchen 😞. Was really nice to have a place to come and remind myself to keep things in check. Lovely to read about how everyone is doing, will post properly later but for now, just saying thanks for the safe space 👍👍
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I hope you enjoy the visit with Joe's son and your daughter-in-law. I'm really sorry about Joe's mental decline, that must be very hard to witness. :( Gas prices...girl, I don't know how much you are paying but I'm assuming it's less than me: $6.09 a gallon! I hope you get some porch time with your new book, that sounds like fun and you need the relaxation! Do they have kids? I'm assuming since you are going to Chuck E Cheese! lol

@cbabie LOL well at least someone got their water in! :D I love Leslie. LOL I know, right? Who the heck am I? :D Thank you.

@theslightedgeforever LOL no, she seems to be doing cardio with some weights. Thank you for your support. Your DH and his ice cream! You did a great analysis of what went wrong and that's a good idea to lower the bar a little bit. You've got this.

@Tamevv Great job, distracting yourself from the kitchen by coming here! WTG! Hugs.

Hi all. I don't know why I attach such importance on the scale but I do. I was expecting a great loss this week: I did all the right things and ended the week with some points leftover. What did the scale say? Down 0.4 lbs. Well, at least it is going in the right direction. I will keep on keepin' on. I don't have a lot going on today, just getting groceries and making some Thai food for dinner. I think I will also start a new Tonal program, although my knees are a bit sore. I don't think it is from the Tonal workouts, as my knees occasionally give me problems. Tomorrow morning, we are going to the zoo. Or at least that is the plan right now. It's supposed to be really hot so that may change.

Water yesterday: 75 oz