NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @cbabie I'm glad you are trying to work on yourself. A newborn in the house, wow, that will change things! Congrats to your family! Yes, now that you know how to do it, you can use the picture option! I love the choices, too. So fun! Thank you.

Hello all. I have a bad headache this morning. The weather has gone wonky again so that may be why. I lost 3.8 lbs this week (I changed my weigh-in day to Fridays from Saturdays). I'm very happy about that. It took a lot of effort to lose that. A lot of effort and concentration. We are celebrating my birthday this weekend. We are going to a street fair tomorrow and my husband is making homemade pad thai. We will celebrate again next weekend with my in-laws.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Drafted this morning but didn’t post:

Hi Everyone. I am soooooooooooo tiiiiirrrrreeeeeddddddd. 😴

One work day left and it is an important one but I feel unprepared.

Ignoring that though, yesterday was such a lovely day. Everyone was home (Queen Memorial Day) and kids were unexpectedly inter-active. Did my extended workout in the morning, then went bike riding for 2 hours.

I got a bit caught up in the beginning of the ride with “oooh wow this is more exercise - think of how many calories I’ll burn!!!” And forgot that it was a bonus quality time with my sons. After a small tears episode and a lightbulb moment for me, we had a great couple of hours just riding and chatting. I did not burn very many calories but am soooooo glad I made the mental switch and experienced the time as we did.

Then another win- they all bought naughty lunch so I made a big salad and ate as much as I could 😁. Then I got to play minecraft with my middle child who has been having a lot of “issues” lately and it was so great to spend those hours with him today. I did have a few wistful moments that I was supposed to do a step class today and skipping it means I won’t get all 5 of my weekly goals ticked, but the trade is so worth it. He then went on to help me make dinner and we all watched a show together before bed. Gosh it was a wonderful day.

And it has been really nice coming here and sharing it with you all - a lovely way to remind myself of the positives and have an outlet to express my inner joy as well as my turmoil. Thanks so much for having me here 😊
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld Thats a huge loss! Well done! Staying on track definitely takes concentration and dedication - and it’s so great to see rewards for the effort. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Hope you have a fantastic time.

@cbabie A newborn! Congratulations to you all 😁. Things will definitely be a bit different. How did the planning today go? It might take some time to adjust to new routines and relationships - fingers crossed for you everyone settles well and quickly.

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back 👋. Tracking is a great way to ease back into it - you’re right about small things adding up - you got this 😊

@TeresaW1020. Thanks for popping in to let us know you won’t be around. Completely understand downsizing to reduce stress and commitments - prioritising is important. Hoping all goes well for you.

Today I didn’t track and didn’t drink enough water and barely made my exercise and movement goals. And I ate three sweet buns after dinner and feel awfully bloated and gross now. Gosh they were delicious though 😁. Sleep tight all.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Morning all, I didn't track yesterday again, in my head I did.. :). I will go back and at least see where I landed...really tired, but trying to figure a routine. Didn't have time to work on goals or plans...I know this will settle down and life will be a lot less stressful soon...

@tamevv so glad you had a great day and you realized time with your kids is important too....you will find the balance and they will see that in you..what a great mentoring for your kids.

@trooworld great job on the loss and being focused. Yea our weather is crazy too, had a headache every day for the last couple of days....so glad you are having fun with the watch.. :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Wow, a 2-hour bike ride! Was it relaxing? What kinds of things did you see? Was it in the city or in the country? I'm glad you were able to look at it from the perspective of spending time with your sons. I think sometimes we get so caught up in losing weight that we lose that perspective and don't live life. What a quality day you had! I'm glad you joined us. <3

@Tamevv Yes, I am very happy about that loss. Thank you, I'm sure it will be a fabulous weekend! Today is a new day, my friend, just start over with the next bite. You've got this!

@cbabie Well in your head is a start lol. Yes, life will settle down and you will get used to the routine and things will be ok. Thank you! Sorry about your headache...I hope it feels better today. Yes, I love this watch!!!

Hi all. I always get melancholy around my birthday and this year is no exception. It's not as bad as some years but it's there. I think it stems from my childhood when my birthday wasn't made a big deal...even now, my family doesn't make it a big deal. My husband's side of the family does but I share it with my MIL who tends to dominate the celebration with her own wishes for the day. I thought my husband was going to take the day off from going to spend the day at his brother's apartment to celebrate with me but no, we are celebrating when he gets back. That means we won't be going to the street fair until 4 or 5pm and that will be better in some ways: it will be cooler by then, I hope (we are having another heat wave). Then we won't eat until we get back at like 9pm. I'm not happy at all about all of this but who am I besides the birthday girl? :(

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Morning all, yesterday was a tough one, but I did manage to get in a walk and a bike ride...I had to for my own sanity. LOL. I did track, it wasn't until this morning, I fell asleep while tracking last night..yep I am tired.

@trooworld I am so sorry that you are not made to feel special..I share a birthday with Jesus and my mother always made sure I got a birthday gift and not one present for both. She had a sister born on Christmas and her mother always said here is your Christmas/birthday gift and my mom didn't want mine to be that way. So I am wishing you a very happy birthday and praying a blessing over you for today! This is YOUR day and God created you specifically for this day to be yours and yours alone. You may share with MIL, but you are a special person and I am glad you were born.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @trooworld Woohoo on your weight loss. Keep it up with the good choices. Happy Birthday. I've always read Give yourself what you wish others would give you. So for next birthday, make yourself the queen. What do you wish would happen? Make it happen. Even if you piss off your hubby and mil. You deserve a big celebration too. Make it about you. That's not being selfish. It's taking care of your mental well-being.

@tamevv What a wonderful post. You are making lifestyle habits and including balance in there which is good. We are glad you are with us. Your posts are always so positive. Just read your other post. :D Thanks for keeping it real

@cbabie You'll figure it out soon. Do you try to track after every meal or snack? That's usually the easiest. Yaaay on your exercise. Just keep doing it.

I'm back to tracking. I went to the gym for 90 min today. Exercise is going pretty well generally. I'm having trouble with swollen feet. So I never know if the scale numbers are true or not. Too many swings back and forth. This too shall pass.

Today: 10/24 F&v blueberries
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Good morning! I know it's been a while since I've posted and I just wanted to come and say that I probably won't be posting for the forseeable future. My recreational computer time has greatly diminished. I hate when long time posters just up and disappear so I wanted to let you all know. I will still be seeing some of you over on F2F but for the rest of you, I so wish you the very best in all you are doing. AND...you never know, I might just pop in from time to time to make sure you are behaving! :)<3

Oh no! You will be missed what is F2F?
  • trooworld
    edited September 2022
    @cbabie That's great that you made some time for you! I hear exercise is good for stress. You poor thing, I can imagine you are very busy nowadays. You know, I just wanted to feel like I mattered for one day. I don't think I would want to have a birthday on Christmas because of that very reason, it gets lumped in together. Thank you, you are very sweet!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yeah, I just wanted to feel like I mattered and as your sister said, that I felt special, just for one day. :( Great job with the tracking and gym visit! Yes, this shall pass.

@gemwolf110 F2F is Fat2Fit, it is a challenge group we are both in, we are on the team Mission Slimpossibles, I am one of the captains of the team. Here is more information: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group If you are interested in joining, go into the discussion titled Registration for NEW Members - October, here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874490/october-2022-registration-for-new-members-is-open ). If you want to join, be sure to say you want to join the Mission Slimpossibles team! :)

Hi all. I'm just being a big baby about my birthday but I guess that's okay. My husband is going to stay home today and we will have some fun. We went to the street fair last night and I walked 9,940 steps (most of them at the street fair). We only stayed 1 1/2 hours because my knee started hurting. I'm going for a walk in the park with a friend of mine this morning. Hopefully my knee can take it.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• Tamevv
    Hi everyone, been a bit busy this weekend and awol from my health focus - my morning exercise is the only thing that I’ve been sticking to but it has carried me through. Back on track tomorrow to finish the month strongly.

@trooworld I’m really sorry your have not felt special or valued for your birthday. For what it’s worth I am very glad to have “met” you and I have appreciated your input and support into my own life this past month - I too am glad you were born 😊
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv At least you stuck to your morning routine. Thank you, I appreciate your support and I feel the love! <3

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• Tamevv
    @trooworld Our bike ride was sort of on the edge of the city (although it’s only Launceston so even using the word “city” is a stretch 😂). We went along the river and some bike paths that were a mix of concrete, wooden boardwalk, gravel and dirt. Had to abandon one detour because it was a bit boggy. I probably wouldn’t describe it as “relaxing” but it was definitely enjoyable and sort of…..grounding? Centering? A great reminder of priorities in my life. Funniest part was chasing a local “turbo Chook” (native hen) down the path for ages because it wasn’t smart enough to go sideways into the brush - kids thought it was just like a cartoon 😂
  • theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 How are things with you?

@trooworld Have you talked with your hubby about this? You are not being a big baby about this. You matter. You deserve to feel special. I have that problem on my anniversary. It's just another day to him. On my bday I make everyone pay attention to me. I go on strike. Don't do anything. If he wants to eat, he's taking me out. I buy my own present because he says no matter what he chooses I can't be satisfied. (he doesn't choose the right things even with a list) So I go buy it and say this is what you chose for me. Win Win. My bday is so close to Valentines day (don't get me started) that I have a friend that likes to throw a party around that day and they usually have a cake with my name on it. That works for me too. But I had to make my own day special. I'm glad you and hubby had fun at the street fair.

@tamevv that's great you have made a habit out of morning exercise. It's hard when we get busy. I'm planning a trip on Thursday for a week and I have a hard time tracking when I'm away. That will be my main focus. Your bike ride sounds fun. I haven't ridden a bike in about a decade.

Exercise was 90 min in the gym.
    13/24 F&V: blueberries, lettuce, onion, tomatoes
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Hi, what do you put in your snack boxes thats cheap, delicious and low in points?
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv That sounds nice, except the boggy part lol.

@theslightedgeforever I did so he took off yesterday from going over there. I love the way you celebrate your birthday! I'm sorry about your anniversary not feeling special to your hubby. Good job with the exercise and F&V!

@sugarfreesquirrel Hi! I put things like cut-up fruits and veggies, store-brand lowfat cheesesticks, I make hummus for the veggies (this is my favorite recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14830/hummus-iii/ ), shelled edamame, roasted almonds in small amounts...those kind of things. I hope that helps, maybe someone else can chime in, too!

Hi all. My husband stayed home yesterday and we just hung out watching movies and listening to an audiobook. It was nice. We ordered pizza for dinner and I didn't do good. I'm working on that. My knee is bothering me terribly, I was able to go for a 38-min walk with my friend yesterday but paid for it later. I'm going to have a tough time at work, walking between buildings to go to the bathroom, get coffee, etc. Here's the cake my husband is going to make for me, it's based on a WW recipe:

Chocolate-ancho chile cake (12 servings)
    2 sprays cooking spray
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 cup Splenda Granulated no calorie sweetener
    1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    2 tsp ancho chile powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1⁄2 tsp baking powder
    1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
    1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1 large egg
    1 large egg yolk
    1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
    1⁄2 cup hot black coffee or espresso
    1 1⁄2 Tbsp powdered sugar (confectioner's) for serving

Adjust oven racks to divide oven in half. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray, then line bottom with parchment paper.

Sift flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, chile powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne into bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment; mix on low speed to combine.

In a second bowl, whisk together well-shaken buttermilk, oil, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.

With mixer on low speed, slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, then slowly add hot coffee to form a very loose batter. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with a rubber spatula, to fully incorporate ingredients. (The batter will be very loose but that’s okay. Make sure to fully mix in coffee as directed otherwise the cake will sink in center.)

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake on middle rack until a cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean and sides of cake are pulling away from pan's edges, about 25 minutes.

Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove cake from pan and let it cool completely.

Create a pattern on cake with powdered sugar using a stencil. Slice into 12 pieces and serve.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I did not track this weekend...I am exhausted and ate what was easily ready....cookies, pizza, ice cream...oh yea great food...but today is a different day. I am trying to find the balance with a newborn and a 4 yr old. We are having veg soup in the crockpot tonight...wanted to start my week with veggies. baby steps...

@trooworld so glad you and DH did something together..sorry about your knee...mine are hurting too...what do you think it's our weather? You know you send you weather here..LOL. I am do proud of you, you are a leader not a follower...

@Tamevv So glad you keep posting...gives me hope..LOL. Glad you kept the movement even if the food wasn't the best this weekend..I call that life..

@theslightedgeforever great job on the gym...I am searching for my niche...can't get a. treadmill and I am moving on past that..I did play kick ball in the backyard Saturday with baby girl.LOL

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @gemwolf110 How are things with you?

@trooworld Have you talked with your hubby about this? You are not being a big baby about this. You matter. You deserve to feel special. I have that problem on my anniversary. It's just another day to him. On my bday I make everyone pay attention to me. I go on strike. Don't do anything. If he wants to eat, he's taking me out. I buy my own present because he says no matter what he chooses I can't be satisfied. (he doesn't choose the right things even with a list) So I go buy it and say this is what you chose for me. Win Win. My bday is so close to Valentines day (don't get me started) that I have a friend that likes to throw a party around that day and they usually have a cake with my name on it. That works for me too. But I had to make my own day special. I'm glad you and hubby had fun at the street fair.

@tamevv that's great you have made a habit out of morning exercise. It's hard when we get busy. I'm planning a trip on Thursday for a week and I have a hard time tracking when I'm away. That will be my main focus. Your bike ride sounds fun. I haven't ridden a bike in about a decade.

Exercise was 90 min in the gym.
    13/24 F&V: blueberries, lettuce, onion, tomatoes

Pretty much the same old stuff. Pups are okay. On meds now and monitoring. Got into cheaper MBA program so I’m going to go with that one. Need to save money while pursuing more education so I can get a better job. Diet is okay ish could be better, exercise need more of it. Not just for losing weight but for being less stressed as well. How are you?
  • theslightedgeforever
    @sugarfreesquirrel Welcome to the group. Here's a list of snacks that might help you.

https://amamablessed.com/53-easy-0-point-weight-watchers-snacks-2022/

@trooworld A couple of things I like to do with pizza is cut one slice in half that way it feels like I'm getting 2 slices in my mind. Then also keep some salad in a bag on hand so I can add it to my plate. Otherwise I can eat easily 3 pieces of pizza. How's the knee today. Would it help if you wrapped it? I hate when I have knee flare ups. Since I've been consistent on my stretching and leg strength training, my knee is much better. Right now I'm in a good place because no hip pain, knee pain, or heel pain. It's always something usually. Thanks for the recipe. What does the chile powder do? Deepen the chocolate taste?

@cbabie Good idea on the crockpot veggie soup. I airfryed some veggies today to get them ready to eat. When I think about eating the veggies they aren't made then I'm too lazy to go fix them because I'm hungry right then. So I have them ready now. Although I did find out that when it says 4 servings on the bag, that's not true. Even before airfrying I measured and there was not 4 cups in the bag. That's great you played some kickball. Anything to burn calories.

I had a good loss this week 2.2 lbs Don't know if water weight or diligence but the scale moved downward.

Exercise=50 min in the gym Hill/spring program on the treadmill/stretching
    13/24 f&v: blueberries, carrots
  • Tamevv
    Another week another child saga 😢. Got a call from school today which sent me to tears so I left work for a 3km walk to get myself together. I’m a bit exhausted now and just ate some chocolate so am coming here to stop that behaviour in its tracks. Not sure what the evening holds - I’m just kind of ignoring everyone right now. Wish I could ignore dinner and take a bath.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Today is a new day. Veggie soup sounds like a wonderful, nourishing meal. Good job. I think in my case, it's overuse. I walked way too much at the street fair and plus maybe the weather? Thank you! <3

@gemwolf110 Thanks for joining us on F2F. I look forward to supporting you there, too. When do you start your MBA program?

@theslightedgeforever I always forget about that trick. I meant to do it with this pizza but it totally slipped my mind. The knee today is terrible. If it keeps up, I may have to go see the doctor. I don't know if it would help if I wrapped it, maybe. But I don't have anything to wrap it with here right now. I'm glad your knee is better. That's great no pain. The chile powder deepens the chocolate taste (as does the coffee) and gives a little "bite" to the cake. It's slightly spicy. Congrats on the loss! Woot woot! Great job with the exercise and veggies/fruits!

@Tamevv Aw, I'm sorry. <3 I hope the evening got better.

Hi all. Well, yesterday was terrible. I had to work until 2:45 and work was super stressful because of how busy I was. I'm behind on a project and it's stressing me out. At 2:45, I had to go get my tire checked out and after 2 hours, they told me it needed to be replaced. But at least it was just one tire that they had to replace. I came home and my husband had made dinner and a cake for me. The cake above. The day ended much better than it started.

Water yesterday: 30 oz