NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Tamevv You've got this!

Hi all. We went to the opera last night to see my coworker perform. It was a nice evening. We came home and stayed up until 12:30 am and then my middle-aged body woke me up at 5:00 am. Not good, I only slept a little over 3 hours if you don't count the time I was waking up throughout the night. I'll probably take a nap at some point. I am meeting two of my coworkers for a late lunch for our annual birthday luncheon. All three of us have birthdays pretty close together so we celebrate together. I already looked at the menu and decided I will have a salad but that may need to change because my digestive system is upset and I don't want to upset it further. TMI, I know lol sorry!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @Tamevv Very good words of advice to @trooworld We all help each other by sharing our experiences both good and bad.

@trooworld How about choosing some chili or a salad from Wendy's when hubby suggests Wendy's. Our habit is to just order the burger combo because that's what we have always done. Now we are trying to make new habits. I listened to a Pahla B podcast while I was at the gym. How can you change your thoughts on the water from Drinking this much water is hard to ??????? Remember that is your ideal goal. You will get there one day. How many ounces can you get in today. Start there and work towards the ideal goal. I'm also doing "thought" work in my journal. Yes I did get to see the seals. If you zoom in to pic #8, I think you can see some. We saw them a couple of different places. I took a pic of a lone dead one but he was just being anti-social while he slept. LOL The snow was only the one day. It's getting down to the 20s this week.

2w1yn49wreaf.png

I've been over my calorie goal almost every day this week so I'll be focusing on that this next week. I put a MFP widget on my phone home screen so I can keep track at a glance where I am on calories for the day.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever That's a good idea but I don't do well when I actually am at the restaurant ordering, even if I have a plan, the plan tends to go out the window and I order what I want. The other night after the opera, DH had me stop for Burger King because he was hungry. I wanted to tell him that wasn't very supportive but I didn't, I just didn't order anything for myself. I will implant in my head the salad idea for the next time he wants FF. I will try. Some days, I do better with water than others. The other day, I drank 110 oz I think. Yesterday, 40 oz. It's a conscious effort for water. I'm glad you got to see the seals. Yikes, 20s, that's cold! I like the quote you posted. That was a good idea to put a widget on your phone. You've got this.

Hi all. I ended up getting a BBQ brisket sandwich with a side salad at the lunch yesterday. I did not regret it. That is all I ate all day besides some yogurt and berries in the morning. I was under my calorie and "Bite" goal for the day. I was so tired from not sleeping enough the night before that I went to bed at 6:00 pm last night. I got a good night's sleep and feel better today.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Listen to what your thoughts are and you are telling yourself. "I don't do well when I actually am at the restaurant ordering" You could change that to "I used to not do well when I was at the restaurant ordering but now I don't even look at the menu. I just automatically order the healthy item." It really just takes practice doing it over and over again. You showed great control at Burger King. I downloaded the 5-0 method ebook. My thoughts: I think the calorie goal is too high but I'll give consistency a chance for 2-3 weeks. I don't think I'll ever reach that water goal. If I did, I would not be hungry and then wouldn't hit the calorie goal. LOL Plus I worry about getting hypernatremia. My friend got that from drinking too much water. Unhelpful thoughts I know. :) I'm good with my exercise program so no worries there.

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I'll need to practice that. I don't follow Pahla's calorie goal (you get that from the sites she recommends, if I recall right?), I follow what Healthi sets for me. Yeah that water goal is tough lol also an unhelpful thought lol. I'm enjoying the day's reflection, I do it either at night or the next morning.

Hi all. I did well yesterday with food: I had no snacks and I stuck to my plan. I had to get lunch from the cafe but it fit into my day. It feels like it should be Wednesday but Tuesday it is.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all, well I have not won the battle but I am still in the war. I have not and will not given up on myself...I just have to take baby steps and remember this is a life time goal, not a moment thing. I didn't exercise Sun or Mon, family here on Sunday and yesterday taking care of baby boy who had circumcision in the am and well lets just say I never had boys for a reason..LOL. he is sleeping now and I wish I could. I am learning to do something when I have a few minutes instead of when I usually do it...changing habits and really my expectations.

@trooworld I am so proud of your loss, your always trying to find the positive. You never give up and you keep on going...remember the Timex watch commercial? LOL. I think you should have a conversation with DH, he won't know how you felt unless you tell him. LOL

@Tamevv when I read your post I almost cried...I know I have tried to have that conversation with my DH and he always says you think you have been fat your WHOLE life..He doesn't understand how I feel about it being health AND how I feel about my self.. Still trying though. You have made so many positive changes I am proud of you!!

@theslightedgeforever You are always a voice of reason and a different thought..LOL. Glad you are here to help us question what we are doing and why. Glad you enjoyed your trip...You know when I quit eating FF, which for the most part I still don't..Wendys when I did eat it, it seems salty to me and I guess that's why i don't eat it usually now. . I think out taste change after a while. like Sugar with me...I think I will always crave it, but I can always tell when I have eaten too much and not stayed within my boundaries because I feel like #$@%.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yes, my calories are about 100-145 calories higher now than what I was using. Although today I'm done for the day and I'm about 278 less. I'm not hungry so I'm not going to eat just to be consistent. Hooray on doing well with your food.

@cbabie That's good that you are changing your mindset. I remember my first son and his circumcision.

I ate a really good cherry, almond, apple salad today. Went to Mall of America today so did lots of walking but actually only got in 20 min of exercise.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Keep fighting, my friend! Oh the poor baby, ouch! Doing things when you have a few minutes will certainly get it done. :) Thank you! Yes, I remember the Timex commercials lol...take a licking and keep on ticking! I might have a conversation with DH. I have to think of what I want to communicate.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah you don't want to eat just to eat. I feel the same way, that happened to me yesterday. That salad sounds good. I have always wanted to go to Mall of America. 20 mins are better than zero. :D

Hi all. I brought these frozen mini frittatas (not homemade) to work for breakfast yesterday along with some cottage cheese. They were really gross so I threw them out and went and got a muffin from the cafe. The muffin was really good. I wasn't hungry at lunchtime so I didn't eat. I ate some healthy snacks at about 2pm though. By the time I got home, I was starving. We had pita pizzas for dinner.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

• cbabie
    Afternoon all, I have been busy today...doing bottles, folding clothes, making beds....you know the routine. LOL. I did get make up on today and actually have jeans on and not stretch pants. LOL. I am working on a long time goal mindset....change doesn't happen overnight. Only God can do miracles not me...LOL

@trooworld Great job on making good choices..I hate when something I think is going to be good comes out bad. LOL. Pita pizza sounds good..d

@theslightedgeforever great job on walking...I bet the mall is fun and great for steps...Tell DD to walk the mall more often...(only don't spend money). LOL. Great mindset on not eating what you can to "fill up " the gap.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You are right, change doesn't happen overnight. Sometimes we get impatient but hang in there. Yeah, I had to actually spit out the bite of frittata I took because I thought I was going to throw up lol. Pita pizzas are amazing! The ones we had were ham and pineapple. :)

Hi all. Not too much going on. I didn't eat the breakfast I brought yesterday to work, I got another muffin instead. :( That happened because I had a coupon for a free coffee and what goes better with coffee than a muffin, am I right? But it still fit into my day so it's all good. I ended the day with 170 calories leftover.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Good job on eating healthy snacks and not eating something when it didn't taste good. I'm learning to eat 1/2 of those big muffins. I think add a piece of string cheese for some protein and it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe not everyday.

@cbabie Tell us all the good things that you did for today. One of them was wearing jeans and not sweatpants. This helps your mindset. The mall of America is about 75 min away from dd's apt so she won't be going there to walk regularly. She could just go to the gym downstairs like I do. ;)

I went to the gym today for 45 min. Did my hill/sprint program and some stretching. Stayed within my calories although more veggies were needed. I did get in more water than I usually do. All the little things.

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Morning all,

I met my goal. Very pleased but sort of subdued as well. Been a long week and had an issue on Wednesday which actually made me feel kind of sick, so I didn’t eat, which is new and kind of novel. Not that I want to do it again - but every new experience is learning right?

So anyway, sun is shining, last day till weekend and I’m up and exercised. Have met my exercise goals for 67 days it is my rock right now. This week has been tedious getting up but I’ve done it and feel proud.

@trooworld Fantastic! I haven’t come under cal goal for ages, we’ll a couple of weeks at least. Feels like ages 😊 Yesterday was close tho, but I’m low on water. Will sort that today. Will put my measuring cup back next to the sink so I can take my own advice and drink every time I’m in there. It’s hard to pass up freebies - that’s what brings me undone at work.

@cbabie Oh wow you must have felt all “done up”!! 😂. I don’t wear make up at all - last time was my wedding and had to go buy specially for that - still have it floating around somewhere going mouldy probably 😂. Did making an effort make you more motivated or feel more in control or …. empowered? Sometimes taking the few minutes to pamper ourselves is all it takes for a pick-me-up. Even if it’s just wearing real jeans 😊.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. Yeah not every day but ok occasionally. Good job with the gym and staying within your calories. The little things add up.

@Tamevv Congrats on meeting your goal! 67 days is awesome. Yeah it is hard to pass up freebies.

Hi all. I gained 2.2 lbs this week. I'm very disappointed and don't know what happened as I was under on my calories almost every day if not every day. I can't help but think back to the weight loss doctor's words: it's your body's setpoint. It's so frustrating. I did eat baked beans last night for dinner so they might still be in my system.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I blew it yesterday...I had a mindset of I am tired and grab and eat...I made chicken and dumplings for dinner and actually ate the chicken before the dumplings..so that was the good part. LOL Today is another day to improve on ME.

@Tamevv So glad you met your goal...great job. I was just thinking this morning, I set goals, but I let others deter me from meeting them. So GREAT JOB. Yes I did feel more in control and more like ME...Today I am in workout clothes, but dried my hair, straightened it and will do make up soon I HOPE>..lol.

@theslightedgeforever I am "seeing" the things that are derailing me and working on little positive "taken it back" thoughts. It would be nice to have a gym here in my home...I know I would use it..I love machines...

@trooworld So sorry about the gain, but it could be just water and it could be the beans.. I was watching something on taking measurements and weight...Always wear the same clothes or be naked, always do first thing in the morning, and after a bowel movement. So I try to do things things and I think sometimes we don't take our measurements and forget that muscle weighs more that fat. We can always tell by how our clothes are fitting, but I know I like to see the numbers and I haven't taken measurements in YEARS. You are making good choices and that is what is important.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @trooworld Oh I hate those weeks!! So bummed for you. I hate that feeling like “what more can I do?” But try not to get deflated - you know you’re doing the right things for health, so eventually the numbers should catch up. You have been making really good choices so maybe next week you’ll have a big drop 🤞. How has your knee been?

@cbabie Chicken and dumplings sounds great. I did a barely edible rice and sausages dish (hehe, knew I wasn’t eating it so didn’t put in much effort really - figured they could just have sustenance and forego flavour occasionally 😏). What’s your plan for self love/care/prioritising/health today? Did it go as planned?

@theslightedgeforever Wow I’m jealous of a gym in your building too. I’m so grateful for my elliptical but some days variety would be nice 😊. I would have liked a walk instead this morning but it’s raining. Maybe later tho.

Morning. Did a long workout last night while everyone else watched a movie. DH laughs at me when I work out late, but gotta take the Am thinking I need to set some formal goals again. I didn’t set new ones for my post-holiday portion of the month. when they come!! Was all convinced I’d have a break this morning but knew I should put my clothes on so I could jump on the elliptical if i felt up to it later on - if I have to change as well it’s one more hurdle and risks losing the window. So had water and sat down for a few minutes but the house was quiet so decided to just get it done 😊. Feeling energised for the rest of the day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @tamevv Hooray for meeting your goal. You are doing great on your exercise. I'm at my daughter's apt now. She has the gym in her building. But I have a home gym, too. Much smaller though. I just realized I'll have to change some of my leg exercises. I don't have all the machines they do. Having a home gym doesn't always mean it gets used regularly. There is always the "I can do it later" thoughts because it's right there. Here I've been going to the gym at the same time everyday. That helps. Did you go for your walk or was it still raining? Yaaay on getting in your elliptical. 30 min before my "gym time", I get my clothes and shoes on so I have no excuse not to go.

@trooworld Sorry about the gain. This is just one week out of many. Is it sodium? What does your weight trend line look like? Just keep making good choices and it will go back down. Maybe with a little bit extra with it.

@cbabie How about you go take some measurements? How about just your waist? I took mine before I came to visit my dd. When I finally go back home, I'll take them again. I know I've gained weight on the scale but I've been going to the gym regularly. I feel more toned. I have lots of NSVs the past four months.

I went to the gym today for 82 minutes. I've precooked my veggies for tomorrow. Easier to grab and go. I went over calories tonight by accidental omission. I forgot to log a glass of iced tea. Oh well, try again tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Today is a new day, I'm sorry about the bad day but you can have a good day today. I love chicken and dumplings! Did you make it in the crockpot or on the stove? I try to weigh like that, too. Yeah the scale will catch up eventually I suppose! :D

@Tamevv Thank you, it stinks. My knee has hurt less but occasionally still hurts. I've been putting the Voltaren on and that really helps, I think. Wow, that's great you did a workout while everyone was watching a movie. Were you able to watch the movie at the same time? Enjoy the day.

@theslightedgeforever It could be sodium. It looks like a flat line lol. I go up slightly and then down slightly, it is pretty darned steady. 82 minutes, wow! Good idea to precook your veggies, you are more likely to reach for them.

Hi all. Thanks for your support. I truly appreciate having a place to be able to come and complain and you understand lol. This morning I should get some activity, we are going to volunteer with the pug rescue organization in our city. Their Pug-O-Ween party is today and they need help setting up. After we set it up, we will go home and get Daisy and come back and enjoy the party. Nothing else going on.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, well I can't say I followed plan, but I woke up and have gotten somethings done while baby is laying in his bed. I am trying to find time to read, but also form a habit of headphones, so I can listen to podcast while rocking baby, etc. I have learned something about my eating habits. I like carbs..LOL, No listen, I love toast in the mornings...I had made cinnamon raisin bread last weekend and have been eating it all week..it makes me happy to cook bread and enjoy it..so today I am going to make banana bread and enjoy it.

@Tamevv so glad you are still pushing to meet you goals. You are doing great. Your DD may laugh but you are mentoring her for a lifetime of health choices.

@trooworld Sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you...You know doing something you enjoy has great health benefits. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yea I know about the gym in the home, I didn't always use my machines like I should have when I had them...it's just nice to know they are there. I have taken my measurements, but unless I get a move on it...they won't be changing. LOL. So heres to moving my rear.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So based on science, you are eating as many calories as you are burning. Right? So if you have been tracking daily, you can see how many calories you consumed over the week and then lower that slightly. Pug-o-ween sounds fun. Good for you for increasing your water.

@cbabie Glad to see you are doing something that you enjoy. I love toast too. I think it's a comfort thing with me. The best toast for me has butter and jelly on it. I have to have it with eggs or something because otherwise I will eat 3 pieces. That's not good for me. Have you thought about something like Audible so you can have books on tape?

From a book I'm reading. I listen to his podcast each week.

Here are the 3D’s of why you must track habits: Habit-tracking provides proof of your DESIRE backed by your attention and intention from one day to the next. Additionally, habit tracking provides the DATA necessary to see where you are headed. Finally, the act of tracking will help to cultivate the habit of DISCIPLINE.

Grunburg, Martin. EVERYTHING Is a F*cking STORY: Recognize & Rewrite the Stories that Steer Your Life. (pp. 236-237). Equilibrium Enterprises, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Today I took my rest day instead of tomorrow. I could tell the last couple of days in the gym my body was physically tired. So back at it tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I like carbs, too lol. In my case, it's killing me and I need to chill on it. Good idea to use headphones and listen to podcasts while rocking the little guy. I had a lot of fun at the pug party! :D

@theslightedgeforever Yes. It was slightly lower most days so I should have lost unless I wasn't tracking accurately. Or hormones or something else? Pug-o-ween was a blast! Yes to the tracking passage. I try to always track things but I'm not always successful. What's the name of the podcast? Sounds like a well-deserved rest day, enjoy!

Hi all. Pug-O-Ween: it was my idea of heaven lol. Pugs everywhere playing and chasing each other. I got in lots of steps and setting up was physically demanding, carrying lots of things, setting up canopies. After we got it set up, we were talked into tearing down after the party. I wasn't so involved in that because we put Daisy in the big pug pen and she didn't like it so I had to hold her while my DH did the tear-down.

Water yesterday: 30 oz