NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @gemwolf110 I'm glad you have a plan to get to goal. Mine is going to take a couple of years too. Fall weather is so nice.

@trooworld I'm sorry you are still sick. Your water looks good.

Food has been good today so far. Dh went to Dunkin to get some coffee. He says do you want anything? No. Because I was heading to my friends house this morning and I knew she would have some kind of sweet. He brings me a chocolate donut anyway. He says, I knew you really wanted one. So I said thank you and hurriedly put it in the freezer. I'll have it tomorrow. oh just thought, I have bookclub tomorrow night. I guess I'll have it on Friday.

my foot hurts again. Just like when I had the stress fracture. I don't know why. I was having a hard time walking on it. So no exercise for me, but I'm going to have to wrap it up if it persists tomorrow because I can't keep sitting around doing nothing. I wonder if it was from my shoes. I noticed when I walked the 12 minutes that my shoes weren't supportive like my normal shoes. My feet were burning then. So maybe I overcompensated or something.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Sound alike eating and water are doing great. Starting small is all you need - no zero days 😉. Nice work with the donut and forward planning.

@gemwolf110 We hit 28 degrees yesterday (Celsius, sorry don’t know what that is in F). It is really early in the season to be that hot, especially where I am near blooming Antarctica 😂. Was nice to release some layers of clothing tho 😊

@trooworld Sorry you’re still sick, must be frustrating not being able to do stuff. Great that you’re keeping up water - even more important when you’re sick.

A good day for me yesterday. Flat out at work so over ate during the evening but stuck mostly to approved foods so only just over cal goal. Water has been good this week. Looking forward to a different and interesting day today.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon all, sorry I have been MIA. I have had a sick child running a nonstop fever until Sunday and yesterday. she ran a fever again today, took to the Dr and he said she is on the tail end of whatever she had...I didn't do a covid test...I have tried to watch what I am eating and I did get exercise in the last 2 days, but not sure if I will today. It's raining and cold here and baby girl is a little clingy. LOL

@trooworld So sorry that you are sick, watching baby girl it sucks to be sick. Tell your DH thanks for sharing. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it stops and maybe you should look at your shoes. What kind of air fryer do you have?

@Tamevv sounds like you are back on track and have a great positive look on your health journey. Keep it up girl, you got this.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Cleaning is exercise, too. Yeah, I feel awful still. Sounds like food was good yesterday.

@gemwolf110 Yay for fall weather! You do have this!

Hi all. Still sick here. I'm eating through my PTO. I hope to work some tomorrow. I didn't go to the webinar last night, was feeling too bad. But the webinar leader is going to fill me in today over the phone. Still not tracking.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!

Hope you feel better soon! Sickness is everywhere
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2022
    @gemwolf110 I'm glad you have a plan to get to goal. Mine is going to take a couple of years too. Fall weather is so nice.

@trooworld I'm sorry you are still sick. Your water looks good.

Food has been good today so far. Dh went to Dunkin to get some coffee. He says do you want anything? No. Because I was heading to my friends house this morning and I knew she would have some kind of sweet. He brings me a chocolate donut anyway. He says, I knew you really wanted one. So I said thank you and hurriedly put it in the freezer. I'll have it tomorrow. oh just thought, I have bookclub tomorrow night. I guess I'll have it on Friday.

my foot hurts again. Just like when I had the stress fracture. I don't know why. I was having a hard time walking on it. So no exercise for me, but I'm going to have to wrap it up if it persists tomorrow because I can't keep sitting around doing nothing. I wonder if it was from my shoes. I noticed when I walked the 12 minutes that my shoes weren't supportive like my normal shoes. My feet were burning then. So maybe I overcompensated or something.

Hope it’s not another stress fracture. Maybe just a change of shoes works.
    Tamevv wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Sound alike eating and water are doing great. Starting small is all you need - no zero days 😉. Nice work with the donut and forward planning.

@gemwolf110 We hit 28 degrees yesterday (Celsius, sorry don’t know what that is in F). It is really early in the season to be that hot, especially where I am near blooming Antarctica 😂. Was nice to release some layers of clothing tho 😊

@trooworld Sorry you’re still sick, must be frustrating not being able to do stuff. Great that you’re keeping up water - even more important when you’re sick.

A good day for me yesterday. Flat out at work so over ate during the evening but stuck mostly to approved foods so only just over cal goal. Water has been good this week. Looking forward to a different and interesting day today.

I bet! I googled it. 82.4 in F that is hot! It’s been in the 50/60s today was in the 70s last week (in F) or 10/15.5 C to 20 C
    cbabie wrote: »
    Afternoon all, sorry I have been MIA. I have had a sick child running a nonstop fever until Sunday and yesterday. she ran a fever again today, took to the Dr and he said she is on the tail end of whatever she had...I didn't do a covid test...I have tried to watch what I am eating and I did get exercise in the last 2 days, but not sure if I will today. It's raining and cold here and baby girl is a little clingy. LOL

@trooworld So sorry that you are sick, watching baby girl it sucks to be sick. Tell your DH thanks for sharing. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it stops and maybe you should look at your shoes. What kind of air fryer do you have?

@Tamevv sounds like you are back on track and have a great positive look on your health journey. Keep it up girl, you got this.

Cbabie

Hope she feels better soon!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. Yeah, somehow I am managing water! :) That's great you put the donut in the freezer. I love how you can delay gratification, that is something I have never been able to do in any area of my life. I'm sorry about your foot pain. I hope it helps to wrap it.

@Tamevv It totally is frustrating! Yes, I remember years ago, I was very sick and I didn't drink water. I became so weak and dehydrated that I went to the doctors and they immediately put me on an IV because I was so dehydrated. I never want to have to repeat that. Yay for a good day!

@cbabie Poor baby girl. I hope she feels better soon. Sounds like perfect weather to veg on the couch. Thank you, yeah, I'm sick of being sick lol. Yeah my DH is so generous, huh???

@gemwolf110 Thank you! Yes, I've heard this flu I have is going around like wildfire.

Hi all. I'm not feeling much better, I'm coughing less but still congested some and my energy level is in the dumps. Last night for dinner, we had baked chicken breasts and sauteed kale. That was the first time I'd had some veggies all week. Let's just say it didn't agree with me. I don't know if I'll be having the leftovers for lunch like I usually do. I am going to try to work part of the day from home today. I've got something I have to take care of and I don't want to burn through any more of my PTO than necessary.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • Tamevv
    Howdy. Yesterday was a big day. Weigh in shows a loss which is awesome. But I’m feeling pretty stung out today. Issues flaring with my daughter and I’m anxious about it. Thankfully a mentally busy day today, and am planning a swim later this afternoon.

Water is good, exercise is my outlet and saviour, food was way under yesterday.

Happy Friday all.
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Congrats on your loss! What did you mean by yesterday was a big day? Did you mean that it was a good day? I'm sorry about the stuff with your daughter, that can be triggering. I see you did well yesterday, yay! Happy Friday.

Hi all. I lost 3.2 lbs this week. That's a little surprising considering how I ate for part of the week but I'll take it. I felt somewhat better yesterday. I was able to work until noon and then I napped on the couch for most of the rest of the day. I had the energy to make dinner. I am feeling low energy but pretty good today.

• cbabie
    Morning all, baby girl did NOT run any fever yesterday and ate a little better. I went for a walk with baby girl and my grandson. It was nice to just have time with him myself and talk. We used to do that all the time before he moved to Alaska. I am trying not to eat food, that I know is high in sugar or fat, but yesterday....well lets just say, I had a cup of ice cream and 3 FF fig newtons...the good news is, that I didn't eat the mini cupcakes that I wanted to.. LOL We all played Yahtzee last night, even Baby girl..LOL, then my grandson brought out the Risk game and I said NOPE not playing.. my DH takes that game VERY seriously. So my DD her son and my DH stayed up late playing it, It was good to see everyone laughing together.

@trooworld Yea on the loss and glad you are feeling better. I am glad you got to work from home, sounds like you had a win win day.

@tamevv So glad you had a good day and a loss, sorry about the anxiousness with your daughter, I know how that can be...

@gemwolf110 Thanks she seems to be better.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld So great to hear you are feeling a bit better. Yep the scale can definitely be fickle but still awesome to see results 😁. Maybe you have subconsciously made changes to what you eat and do that you don’t even notice anymore 👍

My day Thurs was big both physically and emotionally. Walked over 25,000 steps plus a step class plus some weight training. The emotional stuff I’m still working through how to handle. I’m journaling and being patient and trying to work out how to make things as least confrontational as possible but still express my concern effectively. Fine line with a 15yr old 🫤

@cbabie Oh I hear that - my DH is a “serious” board gamer as well - and I do my best to humour him but there are some games I draw a line at. That said I am really happy that my son seems similarly inclined so it makes me very happy to picture future family evenings like what you describe. Thanks for the glimpse of something to look forward to 😊
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh that's great that baby girl didn't have a fever. You could have done much worse, I know you wanted to stay away from stuff like that completely, but progress right? Sounds like a fun family game night! I love Yahtzee and Risk. I did have a win win day the other day! :D

@Tamevv Thank you! I hope that's what is going on, I could use some changes that I don't notice lol. Wow, that's a lot of walking! Sounds like you are doing all the right things to deal with your emotional stuff.

Hi all. I am feeling much better (not 100%) today. I lasted the whole day yesterday working. I made dinner. Now, I get to rest this weekend and fully recover. I need to pick up groceries (I ordered Walmart pickup so I don't have to overexert myself) but first, my hubby and I are going to take the dog for a walk in one of our favorite neighborhoods. Later today, a friend is coming over.

On another note, I've been getting very self-conscious about myself for various reasons. One of those reasons is that my skin is starting to sag in places and fine lines are starting to develop. I've never taken good care of my skin even though my skin has always been flawless. I've never had a daily skincare routine. Well, yesterday I ordered some things and started a skincare routine. I also ordered some collagen powder. I hope it helps part of my self-consciousness.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I went for another walk yesterday, but I didn't eat well. I had to mini cupcakes before bed and ate a salad from salad and go...lots of calories in there. LOL. I really enjoyed it...it had sweet potatoes in it. YUM..The good thing is I am really becoming more aware of my choices...so that should lead me in a better direction.

@tamevv Glad I gave you hope..LOL. I know at times it may seem hopeless but there is always hope. My older girls are 14 months apart...try having 2 teenage daughters at home..oh the FUN we had. NOT...LOL But I am still here and living and breathing and so are they. :). Journalling is good for the soul.

@trooworld glad yesterday was better and going for a walk sounds relaxing...I wish sometimes DH would go with me...but most the time, I like my quiet time to myself :). I never took care of my face and I have my mothers skin...UGH, my sister got the other side of the families skin. :wink: Yes I see in your pictures you have good skin..You always look well put together and gorgeous, I remember one day I got into my car at work and the rearview mirror caught the side of my face and I said OH MY GOSH....I look just like my mom.. You know driving on the freeway every day with the sun in the same place on your face for 45 -50 min a day takes a toll..LOL. I use Mary Kay and they have some amazing things these days..ENJOY your resting weekend and good Idea for Walmart.. I just sent my grandson and daughter with a list. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @tamevv Finally ate my donut today. Well I half of it. I shared the other half with hubby. So it was a bigger win than expected. Yaay on getting your water in. Yaay on your loss. I'm glad you are using a journal to write out everything you are feeling with your daughter. It helps so much.

@cbabie my shoes were my old sports shoes. I just got new ones. My airfryer is Phillips. I wish it was digital. It would be much easier to read than me turning that dial and seeing do I have it set to 7 or 8 min. lol It's good you were able to take a walk and your food could have been a lot worse. Did you track it all? I won't play Risk either. I do like Yahtzee though. Glad your sick child is better. Think of all the vitamins and minerals in that salad versus thinking about the calories. It's good you are becoming aware.

@gemwolf110 I usually only wear the shoes I was wearing to clean in but then I decided to go for a walk and didn't want to change out of my shoes since I thought they are sports shoes and should work. I don't know. It's better now that I have rested it.

@trooworld I don't always delay gratification. If I did, I wouldn't be fat. In fact just thought that by not exercising this week, I've been giving in to some kind of gratification. It's just not food but
    fun. Great loss you had. Big Woohoo Glad you are feeling better. Ageing skin is no fun. I've never had cellulite even being fat. Now my skin is getting thinner and it's orange peel city
    everywhere.

I'm struggling with exercise right now. Ever since I got home. Seems I'm busier here than with my daughter. Then the day is gone and I don't want to exercise at night. I was talking with a friend today and she just won a karate tournament yesterday for her level. She's yellow belt now. She will be 60 in January. Just started doing karate last year. She was talking about how some people just see it as a hobby so it's on the back burner. It got me to thinking about my health program. I think I've let my exercise sit on the back burner since I've been home.

My dd is headed to Iceland today. She loves to travel. I always worry when she travels and I'm not with her. But I know she is an adult. I told her to send lots of pics and videos.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, I am still around, but have not been on the computer much, I guess. Been down to OK to see dd & gkids for gs birthday. Poor little guy (well, not so little, just turned 12 & is getting taller than me) (but I'm only 5'3" so that isn't saying too much, lol) anyway, fell off mechanical bull when on fall break/birthday trip & broke his collarbone. Then at school, fell on it again & broke it worse. But the dr says just let it heal, as he grows it will straighten out. We are planning to go back for Thanksgiving. Dd asked if we want to go with them to a Pentatonix concert on Wed night, so we are going to go on the 21st & stay for probably a week.

@Tamevv Yay on getting your water & your loss. I guess I was fairly lucky with our daughters...no real drama with them growing up. Our gd is another story, but I don't have to deal with her that much, lol.

@trooworld Glad you are feeling a little better. Dd says the school is full of different sicknesses. I had a bad cold when we came back from dd's a few weeks ago. Did Covid test a couple days in a row, even though I didn't really believe it was that, but they are almost expired, so thought what the heck, lol. They were both negative, so sure it was just a good old cold. Guess those germs are still around, too, lol. Great loss!!

@cbabie re your face, I saw something one time about a truck driver's face that had always been in the sun on one side, & how much it had aged on that side. It was amazing the difference in the 2 sides. Glad baby girl feeling better. Salad even with calories is not the worst choice. I love sweet potatoes!

@theslightedgeforever Yay for only having 1/2 of the donut. I have not been exercising restraint like that lately. I really need to get back with it!! My exercise fell off when I had that cold, but starting it again. I worry about my dd when she goes to Greece every August by herself, but she doesn't ask me to go with her, lol. I just tell her to text me once a day, or at least send pictures, so I know she is OK. (& she's 45, lol) Not sure what I would do if the texts or pictures stopped, tho, except worry more I guess.

I have been in a "holding pattern" for about 3 weeks. Food not good, water not good, exercise not good. Luckily I have only "gained" a few pounds & I think that could be water weight, food still in system, etc. Making an effort today to get with it!!

Weather is getting colder, in the 30's. We went to Costco the other day & weren't there that long & came out & the temp had dropped 27 degrees!! What a shock that was!! Dd said they had snow in OK
    overnight, but we only have a few flakes flying around.

Hope everyone has a good weekend & a great week.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Yay for the walk! That salad sounds good. I love sweet potatoes in salad. Being aware is important. Yeah we didn't go very far with the pup because she gives up pretty early and then we end up carrying her back to the car lol. Thank you, I've just been lucky up until now with my skin. Yes about the driving 45-50 mins a day! I'm glad you got a break from Walmart, it's starting to get busy already for Christmas!

@theslightedgeforever I'm so impressed by how you handled that donut. Yeah I can't delay any kind of gratification and it has caused problems for me. Yeah, aging skin IS no fun. Can you exercise first thing in the morning? Set out your clothes the night before? Wow about your friend, that's awesome! Iceland, that's cool. I would never think to go to Iceland.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I was wondering where you were! Oh your poor GS! :( I'm glad you just had a cold. My DH took a COVID test because he was the first one between us that was sick with this flu. His test was negative so I didn't bother with a test. My husband said he would take COVID over this flu any day! :D 30s is pretty cold. Yikes.

Hi all. I felt pretty good yesterday. I didn't meet up with my friend because we decided to do a walk today instead. That's the only thing I have on my plate today: meet up with my friend. I may read on the couch other than that. I've been tracking since Weds, I think. I didn't get enough water yesterday but in general, I am.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    @RetiredAndLovingIt OK, so pick one thing and get back on program. I will work on my exercise.
    Good to see you. I was thinking about you the other day. I love Pentatonix. Ouch on gs. My ds broke the same elbow twice. Ha on your 45 year old dd. I guess we never change no matter how old they get. I was kidding her when I said you'll probably be eating whale blubber. She sent me the menu and I replied, Looks like someone will be dieting.

@trooworld I used to do my exercise first thing in the morning before I went to my dd's house. But then I wasn't doing my journal/meditation because I didn't have the quiet time. So I got in a routine to go about 3 pm to the gym and it worked good as I wasn't doing any afternoon eating. It's been a week since I got home I think and need to get back into that routine. Yaaay on you doing the walk with your friend and your tracking too.

Hope everyone else is doing well

• Tamevv
    edited November 2022
    Monday morning. 5 sleeps till the weekend 😊. Today should be okay though, nothing too stressful planned. It rained all day yesterday which was a lovely excuse to just stay indoors. I did do a step and strength workout but not much else. Water is low and food is okay calories wise but it’s not the most nutritious at the moment. I’m just a bit can’t-be-bothered with preparation these days. Will go to the store today and pick up a new batch of salad ingredients and that usually sets me up for a few days worth. Without the salad/veg options it’s easier to just skip it. Weekend saw lots of leftovers for the others so it was easy for me to ignore food. Have a plan for this week tho so am all good 😊

@trooworld Friend and couch sounds like a great day! What are you reading now? I finished the fifth season series ….. was about to say more but realised you might not have finished it yet, so will hold off on my comments 😊. What are you planning for exercise of some form today? You could do just 10 squats, or leg raises, or walk to the mailbox three times? Well done for tracking. I’m still failing on that front 🫤

@retiredandlovingit. Boo for your sons shoulder but yay for the concert 😁. It’s awesome that you get to see family so often. Mine are all on the mainland and I’m absolutely dreading the kids moving there too 😢. It was our choice to be here tho, and it was definitely the right choice for DH and me and the kids when they were all young. I’ll just plan on getting lots of frequent flyer points 😊

@theslightedgeforever Your friend is awesome 😁. So what exercise are you doing today? I’m a first-thing-in-the-morning person but yes, it does use up the only quiet time in my house all day. What did you work out today for fitting something in? And what’s the plan for tomorrow?

@cbabie Awareness is key - definitely a positive 😁. I have a sweet potato that has been sitting for over a week - am doing a big salad prep tonight for the week so think I’ll add that in. Thanks for the reminder.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever That sounds like a good routine. I know you'll get back to it.

@Tamevv That's a good way to look at it! I'm actually off on Friday so 4 sleeps for me! :D I got stuff for side salads too this week. It helps get the veggies in. I'm still reading a horror book I started in October: Clown in a Cornfield by Adam Cesare. I can't say how I like it yet, I'm not very far into it. I'm also still reading The Obelisk Gate by NK Jemisin. I like that but need to pick it up again. Thanks for not posting spoilers! :D What are you reading? For exercise, I am planning on walking around the buildings every time I go to the bathroom or get coffee. I was doing that before I hurt my knee and it worked well. Time to start it up again. Want to start tracking again? Try just tracking one meal a day for a week. Then add in another. Then another. You've got this.

Hi all. I didn't do any reading but I did some self-care yesterday: I did a hair mask and I shaped and polished my nails with clear nail polish. That's more than I've done in a long time lol. I went for a quick walk with my friend. It wasn't very long because I didn't want to push it since being sick. But it was nice to see her. I tracked everything but didn't drink enough water. I will today. Today, I am back at work.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I don't even know that I ate right or not yesterday...I didn't track, didn't exercise...cleaned floors, went to church and read a book. However, I bought baby girl a 5 ft trampoline and guess who has to get into it with her...Me...so I guess that acts as partly exercise. LOL

I am amazed at the discipline of this group. I am so in awe of you guys all of you, whether you post daily or post when you can. Keep up the good health journey, in the end it will matter.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2022
    @tamevv My exercise today is going to be 10 min video and some stretching. My brain is saying do the whole planned 90 min session. My body is saying No. Tomorrow: I will do 1 set of weights instead of 2. That should be about 60 min. Then I will be on my way back to normal.

@trooworld Yaaay on your tracking. I just finished Night Road by Kristin Hannah. That was our bookclub book. Lots of good discussion on what we would have done as parents.

@cbabie Define what eating right means to you. What does a successful day look like? I think jumping on a trampoline counts as fun exercise. I have a mini trampoline. Some of the YouTube videos for that are HARD.

I was over on food yesterday. But doing well today. I ate some carrot chips last night while watching The Crown. I started out craving crackers, then thought cereal and milk sounded good and ended up with carrots just so I could get my "eat vegetables" ✅

I attended a Zoom meeting today about Start Journaling for Weight Loss. It was really good.

I lost 2.8 lbs this week.